Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Ah lol.

The DRS 37/4s got the checkerplate under their steps when they were refurbished under DRS ownership as far as I am aware, hence why one could possibly think of an accurate 1980s 37430 as having detail missing but it shouldn't be there.

Reference to an accurately dated, well taken photo or two is a must.  Variations over time and between individual locos make things a minefield, but guys like AS make things easy for us "out of the box" by doing their research properly.  It's when renumbering that the fun starts and a bit of modeling might have to break out.

The posts that yourself and a others make regarding the modern scene are fantastic.  I am constantly amazed at the depth of knowledge that we can all draw on here.

Steve

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dave55uk said:

Thanks for the heads up. Have just pre-ordered 37001 with sound. Was late to the party when these were first announced.

Just had an email from Kernow saying they had forgotten to turn off the pre-order button for 37001 and that my order has been cancelled.

Bother!

Will have to wait for the next batch - or buy the Bachmann one instead.

Edited by dave55uk

37 minutes ago, 55020 said:

Reference to an accurately dated, well taken photo or two is a must.

Definitely. I spend a lot of time checking stuff on Flickr, mostly to check where stuff ran and when rather than details of a prototype, but it's still an excellent place to reference stuff.

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, McC said:

yes, no the compromise isn’t needed, and yes. 

So, will the 37 wheels be available as spares to replace the incorrect Deltic ones and will they fit in the same fashion?

If so, I can cancel my order for the Deltic version, which didn't arrive with the loco anyway, and put the deltic rewheeling exercise on the back burner.

Mike.

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

So, will the 37 wheels be available as spares to replace the incorrect Deltic ones and will they fit in the same fashion?

If so, I can cancel my order for the Deltic version, which didn't arrive with the loco anyway, and put the deltic rewheeling exercise on the back burner.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

You sure can, just email us with your order number and we can take care of that for you.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Tis going to be interesting to see what happens with Locomotion / ACC 37 D6700 orders as after they changed the web site, it is not possible to view 'old' preorders. Fingers crossed even though they emailed an invoice.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Chris56057 said:

Models coming into stock within the next month? I thought the first batch was due in October? Any sooner wojld obviously be positive! :)

My reading of is that the decoders and speakers will be in stock next month, with the locos following in October. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Just seen this on twitter,needs a bit more gear in the cab these days

FYvFVNeXEAAMaIy?format=jpg&name=large

Is that so the driver can take fares from the passengers as they board the train...?

😉

Edited by Ian J.
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

I ordered Cardiff Canton from HTG, seeing as it seems to be the only one that is a Welsh loco (or at least of the currently available ones), EP seemed good so looking forward to it.

I had better extend the mineral set for it…

Either way looks like it’ll be a cracking model.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BVMR21 said:

I ordered Cardiff Canton from HTG, seeing as it seems to be the only one that is a Welsh loco (or at least of the currently available ones), EP seemed good so looking forward to it.

I had better extend the mineral set for it…

Either way looks like it’ll be a cracking model.

Well it depends on which incarnation of the loco you’re looking at. Have a look at the 37 Group list for initial D numbering and allocation circa 1963-1966 and you’ll find Canton/Landore allocation among current 37/4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

So i take it the order book for this is go,just with it saying subject to minimum order being achived?

No idea what the MOQ is but IIRC they are making 500 and if you try adding lots to the basket it tells you 249 are left.

Not that I need to tell you about that tactic given your inputs on a certain class 66 thread! 🤣

• Funny 2

• Accurascale staff
13 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

Hi Accurascale guys, will you be doing snow ploughs as spares? 37609 is being tooled without the snowplough but later received one after repaint into the livery depicted. 

thanks

Hi WCML100,

All models are provided with both our accurate bufferbeam-mounted ploughs and our correctly positioned NEM-mounted ploughs

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Funny 1

• Accurascale staff
36 minutes ago, E100 said:

Am I right in saying these will have light up dials as per the deltic?

Absolutely! 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

That's another clear upgrade over the Bachmann example. I don't understand why they've also gone for 37043 in the same livery. Like they could have gone for another example and they'll be some who would get both but now it's a very binary choice.

Obviously, sticking with Accurascale's example rather than paying the extra to downgrade...

Edited by E100
  • Like 1
  • Agree 10