Class 37, by Accurascale

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Please make it sound like this…

Mmmm nice. Brings back happy memories of 37/0s in Scotland. Could be Ardlui or Dalmally or anywhere in rural Scotland actually.

Thanks for sharing 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

After the arrival of the Deltic and seeng what a superb job had been done, I was umming & arring over the Class 37 but decided to hold off until “the big announcement” was made, just in case it did happen to be a Class 40!

As it wasn’t (boo hoo 😪) luckily RoS are still showing availability on the AS 37s so a sound fitted Large Logo 37043 Loch Lomand was promptly ordered! 😃

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 28/06/2022 at 12:43, The Stationmaster said:

Only one way to do an EE Type 3 - this way, the WR way.  D6898 almost fresh from the box passing through Cardiff General on a Barry - Acton banana special (sorry it's not the best pic in the world.

PS Banana vans anybody?

1191924839_D6898copy.jpg.2245b77d045134ec8540b3e9a00ef4bb.jpg

The 37 made its debut in S.Wales in the autumn of 1962: with the appearance on trial of D 6742/ D6743 on loan  from 41 A..Sheffield Darnall.. Production examples appeared in the Spring of 1963 with the delivery of D6819.to Canton. Mike…Stationmaster……..with his  encyclopaedic professional  knowledge and experience of their subsequent operation in this area and the then declining production of coal  from S.Wales colllieries should be your go to for modelling information on this iconic locomotive’s modus operandi in its heyday .

Anectodally,from me,one personal observation. This dates from 28/04/ 1965 and my observation is of D 6972 propelling its load of wagon empties up the junction from the Treherbert…Blaengwyfi  branch to service production at the now long defunct  Blaenrhondda pit and then shortly appearing with its fully loaded wagons..

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 28/06/2022 at 09:32, 69843 said:

Outside bet on a Class 50 being announced before either get here allowed? 🙃

Come on Hoover-get 'em on the final corner!

I was keen for an announcement on a Class 50.  But actually quite happy to wait.  Firstly save some pennies, but supposedly a fine wine gets better with age, and in the same context, the Class 31 has more features than the Class 37, with the likes of rotating fan, so longer we wait the better it will get, as Accurascale push the boundaries even further...... .   

How about borrowing the Servos that power the pantograph on the Class 92, to give working side louveres, plus DCC squeal as they open and close?  Magnetic cosmetic Jumper cables for a proper double header with it being so prominent..... Also Class 50 needs a good sound project after a stint of some serious running, plus at speed.  Most sound files I have herd have no grunt, with pretty much just tick over - ok for approaching Exeter fuel point, but even going St.Davids to New Yard used to get a bit of noise, nevermind the real stuff....

Exeter up the bank to Central, accelerating away from the likes of Dawlish, Empty stocks from Exeter to Laira (where every second not being thrashed was less time in the BRSA at Laira before closing!), thundering up the Devon Banks, even up the hill from Paignton.  You get it.....

Oh and if there's a spare sound function, Red Cow Crossing bell, plus double horn please!

There that's my 2022 & 2023 Christmas List sorted......

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

42 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

I was keen for an announcement on a Class 50.  But actually quite happy to wait.  Firstly save some pennies, but supposedly a fine wine gets better with age, and in the same context, the Class 31 has more features than the Class 37, with the likes of rotating fan, so longer we wait the better it will get, as Accurascale push the boundaries even further...... .   

How about borrowing the Servos that power the pantograph on the Class 92, to give working side louveres, plus DCC squeal as they open and close?  Magnetic cosmetic Jumper cables for a proper double header with it being so prominent..... Also Class 50 needs a good sound project after a stint of some serious running, plus at speed.  Most sound files I have herd have no grunt, with pretty much just tick over - ok for approaching Exeter fuel point, but even going St.Davids to New Yard used to get a bit of noise, nevermind the real stuff....

Exeter up the bank to Central, accelerating away from the likes of Dawlish, Empty stocks from Exeter to Laira (where every second not being thrashed was less time in the BRSA at Laira before closing!), thundering up the Devon Banks, even up the hill from Paignton.  You get it.....

Oh and if there's a spare sound function, Red Cow Crossing bell, plus double horn please!

Between IRM and Accurascale I am currently at Christmas 2038 and that’s without a NIR 80 Class or BR Class 50 announcement!😂😂😂

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Between IRM and Accurascale I am currently at Christmas 2038 and that’s without a NIR 80 Class or BR Class 50 announcement!😂😂😂

That's optimism!  How the world's currently going , we've probably got 3 or 4 years max.   And if we are around by 2038 with global warming Ireland will probably be the size of the Isle of Wight!  The London office was a smart move.....

Don't do Irish....phew!  Although tempted by the preserved Mk2's for a railtour rake!  You forgot the MK2s to accompany the Class 50.... praying for 2040 perhaps......

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

There is the technology now to add a load sensor to the couplings so that sound & acceleration can be matched to load!

Also what about a CCTV camera at the front so that you can drive on line of sight, some German manufacturers do this now.

Class 37 would also be good with a cold start option too!

Whilst A/S are at it build in a mileage / time timer to allocate the loco for exams.

🤣

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 01/07/2022 at 18:29, reddragon said:

There is the technology now to add a load sensor to the couplings so that sound & acceleration can be matched to load!

Also what about a CCTV camera at the front so that you can drive on line of sight, some German manufacturers do this now.

Class 37 would also be good with a cold start option too!

Whilst A/S are at it build in a mileage / time timer to allocate the loco for exams.

🤣

Nice wishlist, but you missed something 37’s are famous for…

CLAG

• Agree 1

On 01/07/2022 at 17:29, reddragon said:

Is that actually necessary?

If back EMF is on the decoder then it can deduce that from current against speed. A lot of decoders (including ESU ones) have load compensation on them for this purpose (where the train attempts to maintain speed, CVs set how hard it tries), I thought the sound files already work with this.

Getting back on topic, many pages back I'm sure I saw some photos of the inside gubbins of the 37s, but with the picture outage has removed it. Any chance they could be reposted? 

Bruce 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Accurascale on the real railway,cracking picture off twitter of Bob.

FW2kx_lWQAAElbf?format=jpg&name=large

I am pleased I have this one on order given my location of interest is Yorkshire ECML and it seems to pretty much live in York!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Complete with our Rawie buffer stops! (new production batch complete and heading our way soon too!)

Cheers!

Fran 

I noticed there were some at Hull last week too, looked like brand spankers pretty much.

• RMweb Premium
On 03/07/2022 at 20:14, Torbay Express said:

......Not spending that much on cleaning equipment for the Mrs.

For the train room.....might have twisted my arm!

The one i had used to fly around on her own cleaning equipment,i would buy a decent hoover if i was you.

• Funny 3

10 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Do DRS accept a £30 deposit and then monthly payments?

Also noted complete tender management in the ad. Does this mean there's steam engines for sale too? Maybe 9f's from the secret strategic reserve!

• Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1