Class 37, by Accurascale

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Or foe........When the credit card gets its exercise again!  Although I don't think that you will regret it!*

The Class 37 does really oooozzzzzeeeeerr detail from everywhere!  Even the footsteps are etched......

* = As long as the separate parts are all well secured with glue (Not A/S particularly, but more and more detailed models do seem to come with less bits secured with glue -One company cannot even secure weights in a Cargowaggon!)

Edited by Torbay Express

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

How on earth did that statement get past the profanity filter?

Housework? Are you off your rocker?

Tough love and all that, the 37's won't be here before most of the pollen has gone........

It's not such a Repluse-ive idea.....

When the 50 gets released I am going to become a modern man - Conquerer all the Hoovering in the loft, put Ajax on the baseboards and it should look Superb.  That's my Resolution for 2023....

P.S.Its the Dysoning that's my Achilles heel, will have to remain Defiance on that!

Edited by Torbay Express
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

So hard to resist buying one of these every time I look at photos but I have to force myself to wait for the WCRC versions. 

They do look amazing!  Best loco I own so far is a Liverpool 66 and it amazes me when I look at it, nevermind run it, which is incredible.  But the 37 in particular is just promises to blow it to bits - it just looks to be in a league of its own (expect the 55 and 92 to be as good, but not followed it up so well).  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Bucoops said:

The doctor said I need to find something to do indoors. So, no pressure guys but medical orders, surely that puts me to the front of the queue? ;)

Thats how most young men who spot trains stop,no medical orders needed........

• Funny 1

Thanks Fran,

I'm certain this has been spotted and is being corrected but as it has not been directly mentioned, I notice that the Green and Blue painted samples have the incorrect cant rail grills for the pilot scheme locos - could you just confirm this is being corrected, I'm sure it is! 

Cheers,

Bruce 

Absolutley can't wait for mine to arrive! Ordered as part of the first batch I beleive, should be a reasonable upgrade from my 70's Hornby model 😉  Favourite part of the model so far is the level of detail in the bogies!

• Accurascale staff
8 minutes ago, D400 said:

Thanks Fran,

I'm certain this has been spotted and is being corrected but as it has not been directly mentioned, I notice that the Green and Blue painted samples have the incorrect cant rail grills for the pilot scheme locos - could you just confirm this is being corrected, I'm sure it is! 

Cheers,

Bruce 

Hi Bruce,

Well spotted!

Our project manager facepalmed when he saw that, especially as the cantrail grilles are the major spotting feature of this variant.

However it does hint that the first run of our Class 37 is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the tooling variations available on this model that we have so far revealed. There are some exciting variations to come, along with lots of proper mundane ones too. 

More on that in due course errr of course!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

However it does hint that the first run of our Class 37 is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the tooling variations available on this model that we have so far revealed. There are some exciting variations to come, along with lots of proper mundane ones too. 

More on that in due course errr of course!

Cheers!

Fran 

Ooh you big tease! I knew you'd be on it, but thanks for confirming! 

Bruce 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

So here it is, the much promised Class 37 update. Apologies for the delay in getting this to you, but we needed to cross some t's and dot some lower case j's.

As part of this update you will see that we have an additional, previously unannounced Class 37/4, no 37 402 in classic BR large logo heritage livery. These are part of the "Accurascale Exclusive" range and available to purchase direct via our website. Very handy considering the rest of the Class 37 range is sold out direct from us!

GEB_9985_retouch.thumb.jpg.236abbb60c33260e4e0e705f32a4962f.jpg

GEB_9932_retouch.thumb.jpg.294a897215c84cf6cadc39842872b06c.jpg

Very pretty!

Also, for completeness on this thread, here are some images for the oft requested BR Blue and BR Green as built machines as promised...

GEB_0349_retouched.thumb.jpg.900f39bdad465e3588f0dd18c3d8a546.jpg

GEB_9977_retouch_2.thumb.jpg.5225c81298da01773db2286385bf12ea.jpg

Full update is available to read right here: https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/class-37-update-and-new-announcement-june-2023

Cheers!

Fran 

Oh bejesus! You realise you've just knocked the Deltic  into second place for Model of the Year?

• Funny 2

54 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Oh bejesus! You realise you've just knocked the Deltic  into second place for Model of the Year?

No, Accurascale haven't made their best model yet, it's still in the early development stage.

These are just the hors d'oeuvre

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2

• Accurascale staff
27 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

Question for Fran

Will the Class 37 marker light/sealed beam light lenses feature a light Grey ? translucent coating on the face of the lenses similar to Bachmann models ? 

TIA

Hi @tractor_37260,

It will indeed!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see Europhoenix 37901 in the next batch if the tooling has been done to accomodate 901-904.

Seeing the videos of her test run today is making me want to have a sound fitted model of her. 

Interesting about the developments with the 37/0 and delay to Feb '23 - It's given me scope to order another 🤣

Cheers,

• Like 3

Hi Fran / AS team,

I've just searched for photos of 37402 and see they show an orange socket to the left of the headlight... then I noticed it on the model in yellow.  I don't know whether it was ever yellow but I guess something being corrected if not?

Either way I was really taken by this one... so got my order in early - not going to miss this one 😀

Edited by 97403_Ixion
Typo!