If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

oo works L class

Jack P

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Robin Verth said:

The recent one on Ebay sold for £285 I was watching it and was going to bid on it, alas when I was ready to bid it was above my maximum price.

This matches the price of their current K10 model, and although the L is an older production it was a limited edition - as are all the OO Works models, so it seems unlikely they will go for much less.

Here is one for you to look at - it is by no means a perfect model:

SJPP608001902180608.jpg.15a41d7216d543e8d8c18d7bea169279.jpg

Given the short supply, the DJH kit may be a better option - but it might not be much cheaper, and still needs building:

SJPP608002702180608.jpg.c81b255fe998ae1ae76ad60cfede1bb4.jpg

Good luck with your searches!

Tony

• Like 2

The 00Works locos that have later been later produced as ready to run by the main manufacturers you can often pick up at bargain prices often less than the cost of a new Hornby or Bachmann version, these being  the C class, 700, E5 and 0415, the ones that have not had ready to run models go for premium prices these being the L&Y 0-6-0ST, Midland 2F, LNER C13 4-4-2T,  L 4-4-0  & Drumond D15.

Their first model the King Arthur I have not seen any for sale for some time so I am not sure on the value, I was at one point looking for a second L but have given up and have pressed a L1 into service.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Robin

I agree; the other thing is that the latest OO Works models are a lot better than their earliest ones, although they still lack certain detail that one might now expect to find on RTR models.

In my opinion, the Hornby Arthur is a lot better model than the OO Works version.

Tony

• Like 1