DCC concept ground signals.

farren

• RMweb Gold

Just started to wire up my layout and have bought some DCC concept PI point motors and ground signals thinking it would be a simple plug in and go job. However the singles have small plugs and the point motor have some sort of bair wire connection. Have I missed something. 

What I want to do is use my Bachmann Dynamis to switch the points and the signal to change automatically. 

So the plan was point motors connected to the bus feed. And the signal to the point motor. But has it one has a plug and the other dosent is there a step I've missed or do I cut cut the plug of. 

Any help much appreciated 

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, farren said:

Just started to wire up my layout and have bought some DCC concept PI point motors and ground signals thinking it would be a simple plug in and go job. However the singles have small plugs and the point motor have some sort of bair wire connection. Have I missed something. 

What I want to do is use my Bachmann Dynamis to switch the points and the signal to change automatically. 

So the plan was point motors connected to the bus feed. And the signal to the point motor. But has it one has a plug and the other dosent is there a step I've missed or do I cut cut the plug of. 

Any help much appreciated 

The DCC Concepts ground signals are sold as two types.

Those with the Mimic board will work directly from DCC as accessories or the 4-packs of signals, they work off 12vDC with a resistor.

With these, you can either use a DPDT switch to reverse the feed, or a SPDT switch with a twin voltage supply.

This will work with the S2 SPDT switch on the Cobalt IP

There are wiring diagrams on the DCC concepts website - search using "ground signal Cobalt" for links to diagrams that should help

Cheers,

Mick