Heljan new release.

birdseyecircus

28 minutes ago, ThaneofFife said:

its 00 gauge and diesel/electric hence its reveal at DEMU.

Class 89.

Sadly they are not coming. My comment was meant as a bit of a joke based on the timing! :D

That said, I really wish Heljan would attend Showcase... we've been asking them for years!

Guy

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, w124bob said:

Olivias seem to think it's a class 45 https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Heljan/ no further info when clicking the link, if it's true ............. I'm in for at least a trio.

The CAD drawing could be the trapezoidal lower grille fitted to class 46's and some 45's. It makes sense for Heljan to scale down their O gauge drawings and do a OO tool. I hope they sort out the shape of top of the front windows if they do. Maybe they'll steal a march on Bachmann and do a sealed beam version. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, w124bob said:

Olivias seem to think it's a class 45 https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Heljan/ no further info when clicking the link, if it's true ............. I'm in for at least a trio.

Oh, my lordz!

I really hope it's true. It's a fingers tightly crossed moment or two now!

After all, why not, HJ have the drawings from 7mm scale and they do quite a few Sulzers already.

Cheers,

John

• Agree 1

I’m not bothered what it is, but reading this thread made me look at the Heljan FB page and I see they are re-releasing the IC3. They go for silly money considering they are fairly basic models so I’m pleased

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Talltim said:

I’m not bothered what it is, but reading this thread made me look at the Heljan FB page and I see they are re-releasing the IC3. They go for silly money considering they are fairly basic models so I’m pleased

That's good news for me as I want one in DSB's current livery if they do one. I have one in Swedish livery and that took a bit of re-engineering to get it to run reliably and consistently. This was one with the proper central motor and cardan shafts driving the bogies at both ends of the centre car, but for some inexplicable reason, Heljan left the bogies free-floating, meaning the shafts could pull out. Hopefully they will improve this a bit.

13 hours ago, railroadbill said:

An ic3 with a decent Heljan chassis would be good, thanks for the heads up on that.

As long as they don't do an IC4, that wouldn't need to move at all :-)

An IR4 would be nice, though, if they ever want to get more use out of the IC3 moulds (modified, of course) and mechanism.

• Like 1

Olivias have reposted on the Heljan page, 6 pictures including two sealed beam blue versions with and without high intensity headlight(real locos pics) plus 4 pictures of existing O gauge 45's . All shown as "instock ready to order" £169 dc version!

• Informative/Useful 1

45 minutes ago, w124bob said:

Olivias have reposted on the Heljan page, 6 pictures including two sealed beam blue versions with and without high intensity headlight(real locos pics) plus 4 pictures of existing O gauge 45's . All shown as "instock ready to order" £169 dc version!

How bizarre and tetchy!  So close to a professional reveal.

• RMweb Premium
On 28/05/2019 at 21:28, 87029 said:

Being based on the route of the Carlisle - Chirk log train, we regularly get asked for these wagons which I believe use the Cargowagon chassis (please correct me if I am wrong)

The Cargowaggon (flat and van)  that Heljan do is longer than that used for the KFA log carrier conversions - but that didn't stop me converting 10 of  the flats into something representative of the KFAs.....

However, log train fans may not be disappointed for too much longer.........................

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Could be, seems odd for Bachmann to announce when they did, ahead of an exhibition on Saturday , why not wait till then?  Declare intentions and cause people who may have pre ordered Heljan to pause? 

• AY Mod locked this topic