The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Goodbye, little friend.

Guest CLARENCE

I think I have something in my eyes. :cray_mini:

RIP Mike.

It is never easy with furry family members. One of our rescue cats, George has been in and out of the vet over the past few weeks with a blockage caused by megacolon. At the moment drugs are helping but he is really on borrowed time. Our big decision will be do we opt for the very difficult surgery that has only a 50/50 chance of success or do we spare him the post-op pain and near permanent diarrhoea he will have to live with if he does recover.. 

edit: I'm a jerk. Meant to also wish condolences to the OP for Suki. 

Edited by AndrewC
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold

We have rescued hedgehogs which for one reason or another can't go back to the wild.

They are not caged all the time and are given the chance to run around the house and on an evening they sit on the sofa and believe it or not they are house trained. 

As they can't go back to the wild they still have a reasonably fulfilling life 

In the summer hetty a three year old every time I picked her up she would press her head under my right chin. I'd had cancer in this area four years ago but on having a check up it was found the cancer had returned,  it seemed somehow she could sence it. 

I've had surgery which involved removing half my tongue and replacing it with skin from my wrist which has hopefully been successful in removing the cancer 

Anyway was in hospital over two weeks and on getting out hetty was so excited to see me but with having wounds I couldn't pinch her up which she couldn't really understand 

Two days later I got up to go to the loo and checked on her and she had died of what we suspect of a heart attack 

I was absolutely devastated as I would not have mentioned this problem on my tongue during the check up,  basically she saved my life. 

We had her cremated and her ashes sit in a cabinet bless her

Edited by russ p
  • Friendly/supportive 17