The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Rugby Union

tigerburnie

23 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

, but lineouts a shambles.

Absolutely agree, the Scottish lineouts were embarrassing.

They may be a bit rusty from a month off from playing together, but.......

Edited by Penlan

Steady Eddie has astounded us all by..............................................doing nothing again, he seems to be in permanent damage limitation mode, if they play like they did last week they will win.......................just. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

..... seems to be somewhat lacking motivational skills. Or even worse uses them to wind up the up the opposition when he attempts his mind games.  

Alright, I know you shouldn’t need to motivate your players at International level but something is holding them back.  I’m certainly not one of those who think England are entitled to win just by turning up but he does seem to have the knack of making the team a lot less than the sum of its parts.

• Agree 3

It's not just about results going into a World Cup, it's building for the future, all Jones wants to do is make his cv look good for the next job, we need someone with personal connection, Scotland with an Australian coach lost at home to Italy, with a Scot in charge they beat England in London, it's not rocket science.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

The early high flying Falcons stumbled at home, 18 points in the first half and zero in the second, that's gotta hurt.

I fear that they are all suffering from long-Covid.

Seriously though, it has been nice to see them competing well at times this season rather than pinning our hopes on them being only the second worst team in the league.

2 hours ago, BoD said:

I fear that they are all suffering from long-Covid.

Seriously though, it has been nice to see them competing well at times this season rather than pinning our hopes on them being only the second worst team in the league.

Big game coming up against the Tigers, a lot of connections between the sides and quite a bit of history to add some spice to the match.

5 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

Not too much to crow about, but I'll take a win.

I’ll agree with that. I thought Leicester were overall the better team. Karl Dickson, the ref, starting to worry about him; makes me glad there’s off pitch reffing to help him -he misses too much.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Request for a recommendation;

A good, I.E. Easy to understand, book explaining Rules etc for Rugby Union. I have been watching matches on the TV for a little while and, while I understand some of the basics I would like to know more. I have looked on the web but I prefer a real book.

Ta

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tony Davis said:

Request for a recommendation;

A good, I.E. Easy to understand, book explaining Rules etc for Rugby Union. I have been watching matches on the TV for a little while and, while I understand some of the basics I would like to know more. I have looked on the web but I prefer a real book.

Ta

There are no rules in Rugby Union - they are LAWS. And good luck in your quest to understand them.

Each referee is inclined to interpret some of them in their own way, particularly around the tackle/ruck/maul, the front-row of the scrum and offside.  And FFS why don't scrum-halves get penalised for feeding.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Can I just congratulate the England Ladies team on winning the 6 Nations. I followed the match via the Telegraph's tryped commentary yesterday, & frankly from what I read they could teach the present England Men's team a few things. Well done, ladies :victory:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

The Ladies 6 nations was far more entertaining than the mens.

I thought it was a good mens’ 6N, only England were poor. Any of the top four could have won, and there were good competitive matches. Can’t say the same for the Autumn cup, looked like training sessions.

• Agree 1