Dapol Trade Sales

Widnes Model Centre

I am posting this to express my absolute disgust at my wife and myself’s treatment at Dapol today. Having arranged staff cover we travelled to Dapol at Chirk today. A three hour round trip.

On arrival we were greeted by the sign outside basically trade and public sales. We went into the shop and saw a very pleasant lady. We explained that we have come to place a new trade order. She said she would contact “Kevin” who dealt with trade sales. She telephoned him and explained who we were. He told her that we hadn’t signed the new terms and conditions. Not a Problem we said. She said “He has hung up”. She rang him back and asked if he had hung up on her. We never heard the reply but she was sorry but couldn’t help us as he had told her it needed three days to prepare any order. Not a problem we don’t want to take it today just pick and place an order. Turns out that wasn’t possible either. Asked would he at least see us, “No”. We felt sorry for her and left the building. I rang Kevin from my car and explained we were in the car park and wanted to place an order. He said we would need to open a new account as we hadn’t ordered direct for some years. I explained we purchased our Dapol from either Gaugemaster or Javis Manufacturing, but understood and could do that now. Kevin explained that he would have to email me the forms and then return them to Dapol. “We are in the car park”. “Sorry, but we would have to do Credit Checks” . “We will pay in advance before Dapol even send the goods” . “No you cannot do that.”. Could we speak to Joel? No he was busy all day, in that case can you ask him to telephone me? Kevin indicated he would and would email me the forms. I asked Kevin if this was the way Dapol dealt with customers trying to place trade orders. Certainly not, he said.

Alas, that is how we felt.

Now 515pm. No email. No telephone call.

One of the main reasons  for being so angry, yes, angry is that the last time we tried to deal with Dapol direct they asked us to come another time as they were busy, ‘Stock taking ‘.

I had rang earlier before setting off to make sure we didn’t have another wasted journey.

Our budget for today was £5000 to include the VAT.

Dapol, any explanation for how rude we thought you were today?

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

I sense your exasperation. And certainly they don’t seem clued up on customer service . I suspect an appearance and face to face explanation might have pacified you with order firmed up later. However I would say it’s probably between you and Dapol and maybe not best shared on a public forum, annoyed as you are.

anyway good luck with your order. 

Face to face would have been satisfactory. Even a returned telephone call. Even the promised email. But nothing. Even the offer of a cup of tea would have helped a long way. We wouldn’t treat any company rep like that.

I agree with your sentiments Legend in many ways Legend. But how do they treat other customers? My only contact before we opened the shop was an issue I had with my own Dapol loco. Only six months old but was told it was out of warranty and “tough”. 

That person who I spoke to left Dapol.

• Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

I am posting this to express my absolute disgust at my wife and myself’s treatment at Dapol today. Having arranged staff cover we travelled to Dapol at Chirk today. A three hour round trip.

On arrival we were greeted by the sign outside basically trade and public sales. We went into the shop and saw a very pleasant lady. We explained that we have come to place a new trade order. She said she would contact “Kevin” who dealt with trade sales. She telephoned him and explained who we were. He told her that we hadn’t signed the new terms and conditions. Not a Problem we said. She said “He has hung up”. She rang him back and asked if he had hung up on her. We never heard the reply but she was sorry but couldn’t help us as he had told her it needed three days to prepare any order. Not a problem we don’t want to take it today just pick and place an order. Turns out that wasn’t possible either. Asked would he at least see us, “No”. We felt sorry for her and left the building. I rang Kevin from my car and explained we were in the car park and wanted to place an order. He said we would need to open a new account as we hadn’t ordered direct for some years. I explained we purchased our Dapol from either Gaugemaster or Javis Manufacturing, but understood and could do that now. Kevin explained that he would have to email me the forms and then return them to Dapol. “We are in the car park”. “Sorry, but we would have to do Credit Checks” . “We will pay in advance before Dapol even send the goods” . “No you cannot do that.”. Could we speak to Joel? No he was busy all day, in that case can you ask him to telephone me? Kevin indicated he would and would email me the forms. I asked Kevin if this was the way Dapol dealt with customers trying to place trade orders. Certainly not, he said.

Alas, that is how we felt.

Now 515pm. No email. No telephone call.

One of the main reasons  for being so angry, yes, angry is that the last time we tried to deal with Dapol direct they asked us to come another time as they were busy, ‘Stock taking ‘.

I had rang earlier before setting off to make sure we didn’t have another wasted journey.

Our budget for today was £5000 to include the VAT.

Dapol, any explanation for how rude we thought you were today?

If your last statement indicates your post being directed to Dapol, then why post here? You know Dapol don't post here.

Post on their Dapol Digest seeking an explanation, Joel, Neil, Andy etc are quite passionate and will not let such a thing slip by. Especially if one of their employees is not keeping up the company name.

You starting this thread is quite pointless as it's a trade order and you'll only attracted some pointless unhelpful replies as the one directly above mine.

What Legend says is correct, it's something to be discussed off this forum and privately.

• Agree 2

Sorry but I disagree.

Next time we give a retailer grief due to him not having stock that we have pre-ordered, it's maybe relevant that we know the problems they also have in obtaining that stock.

Pure assumption on my part, but that order quite possibly was firm orders from valued customers who will possibly now go elsewhere due to Widnes MC not being able to fulfil the orders.

Besides the moderators almost certainly would have seen this thread as they've been about all day. I think one of them might have even corrected the spelling mistake in the title....

Jason

• Agree 1

• AY Mod locked this topic