Class 92, By Accurascale

Hi guys. 
just a quick one. Im looking to remove the bodyshell off my 92. Is it as simple as the 4 'clips' that require some plasticard between them and the body to remove it ? What about the motor assembly for the panto......is that part of the bodyshell or is there a 'meshing' of the pantograph motor gear with the pantograph when replacing the shell. Any pics or a 'How to' on the support page of Accurascale much like the deltic one would be great. I dont want to damage anything
thanks folks. 

• Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
22 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Hi guys. 
just a quick one. Im looking to remove the bodyshell off my 92. Is it as simple as the 4 'clips' that require some plasticard between them and the body to remove it ? What about the motor assembly for the panto......is that part of the bodyshell or is there a 'meshing' of the pantograph motor gear with the pantograph when replacing the shell. Any pics or a 'How to' on the support page of Accurascale much like the deltic one would be great. I dont want to damage anything
thanks folks. 

Hi @Krieghoff,

Correct, it's just 4 clips. The body comes straight off with no wires or connectors obstructing between body and chassis. The location is documented on the exploded parts diagrams. 

Just take care not to excessively flex the body on removal as it can pop out the grilles.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Sorry if this has already been discussed, had a search but couldn’t see anything specific to the 92’s. I have a sound fitted EWS 92 that will not operate with the Bachmann Dynamis Ultima. Controller swapped out with a new one, same, no response. Some functions work when using a Hornby select, but not all. Do I assume it’s the controllers ( I didn’t expect the Hornby unit to offer full functionality )? 

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Ncarter2 said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed, had a search but couldn’t see anything specific to the 92’s. I have a sound fitted EWS 92 that will not operate with the Bachmann Dynamis Ultima. Controller swapped out with a new one, same, no response. Some functions work when using a Hornby select, but not all. Do I assume it’s the controllers ( I didn’t expect the Hornby unit to offer full functionality )? 

Check the deltic tread,its alight with controllers and issues with the high spec of todays models.

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Check the deltic tread,its alight with controllers and issues with the high spec of todays models.

The Dynamis Ultima isn’t even that old though? Not had any issues running the 92 on mine. 

I remember getting it and thinking “who on earth will find a way to use 20 functions”. Accurascale then answered! What controllers are people using to get all functions out of their 92’s?

31 minutes ago, Br60066 said:

The Dynamis Ultima isn’t even that old though? Not had any issues running the 92 on mine. 

I remember getting it and thinking “who on earth will find a way to use 20 functions”. Accurascale then answered! What controllers are people using to get all functions out of their 92’s?

NCE.

• Thanks 1

• Accurascale staff
13 hours ago, Ncarter2 said:

Hi Nick,

Certainly an odd one, If you drop us an email we will look into it for you!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

The German sourced controllers are generally very flexible. I use an ESU ECoS and it allows 30 functions - any of which can be either permanent or momentary. You can also assign an icon to each function - which gives you some chance of remembering what those 30 functions actually do! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Br60066 said:

I'm using the MERG system, no problem getting 28 functions, working well with class 92.  A future firmware update is planned that will give more functions than 28, now that the DCC spec includes more, and the ESU decoders can also support them.  No doubt Accurascale will find ways of using them all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, curlypaws said:

The German sourced controllers are generally very flexible. I use an ESU ECoS and it allows 30 functions - any of which can be either permanent or momentary. You can also assign an icon to each function - which gives you some chance of remembering what those 30 functions actually do! 🙂

Ive recently purchased the very same control system. Its absolutely awesome. Im still finding my way around it. 

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, South-East Rail said:

Yes, it's an aeroplane. 

Ed

Thats not an Aeroplane…

Thats a Trident.

A classic example of being killed by committee, politics and ultimately failure.

Tridents produced: 117

Boeing 727 produced : 1832

Where did Boeing get the designs from ?.. knowledge sharing with the UK.

A modern example… my bet is the Battery technology behind the class 230, soon as that unit went to the US I figured it was game over.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Thats not an Aeroplane…

Thats a Trident.

A classic example of being killed by committee, politics and ultimately failure.

Tridents produced: 117

Boeing 727 produced : 1832

Where did Boeing get the designs from ?.. knowledge sharing with the UK.

A modern example… my bet is the Battery technology behind the class 230, soon as that unit went to the US I figured it was game over.

That made me recall Jeremy Clarkson going on such a rant in America and getting arrested after shouting through a megaphone "we even invented you" to a policeman.

Roy

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

That made me recall Jeremy Clarkson going on such a rant in America and getting arrested after shouting through a megaphone "we even invented you" to a policeman.

Roy

If I went on a political megaphone rant in the UK i’d probably get on the BBC, an army of advisors, influencers, lobbyists.. then mysterious sources of funding. Over the next few months i’d end up a strange photo with a man walking a dog, an accident with car car wing mirror and an ikea duck island would appear, despite not having any water, any ducks and too many things that are strange. Later there would be an enquiry into expense irregularities and then i’d probably be associated with a yacht in the med. A year later i’d be invited on “Have I got news for you” and end up with a book deal that no one reads.

Nothing would change, except the newspaper headlines. 

Edited by adb968008

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, Torbay Express said:

Kernow Newsletter Just Landed.... 

Low stock alert, 92017 nearly sold out already.  No mention of our 'Friends 😇(or foe 👹) at Accurascale having stock..... 

Hi everyone,

Can confirm we have a nice supply, but sound fitted is beginning to run low, so we would recommend not hanging around if you want a loud Dyson with a louder livery!

Cheers!

Fran 

1 hour ago, Torbay Express said:

Kernow Newsletter Just Landed.... 

Low stock alert, 92017 nearly sold out already.  No mention of our 'Friends 😇(or foe 👹) at Accurascale having stock..... 

I was so close to buying mine with Kernow, that was until all of a sudden I saw Accurascale were selling them at a cheaper price and with the opportunity to gain more points, seems like a no brainier…

• Accurascale staff
32 minutes ago, XChris said:

I was so close to buying mine with Kernow, that was until all of a sudden I saw Accurascale were selling them at a cheaper price and with the opportunity to gain more points, seems like a no brainier…

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for pointing out our error on that pricing. It has now been amended to match Kernow.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Funny 3

11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for pointing out our error on that pricing. It has now been amended to match Kernow.

Cheers!

Fran 

Sorry everyone! Next time I’ll keep my mouth shut 🤫

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

1 hour ago, XChris said:

Sorry everyone! Next time I’ll keep my mouth shut 🤫

Loose lips and ships! How much was it?  I have unfortunately purchased and funded the Cornish Charity. So been robbed anyway without setting foot on the A38! 😭

For the promotion and sales generation Fran, wheres my Accurascale Reward points????? 😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Loose lips and ships! How much was it?  I have unfortunately purchased and funded the Cornish Charity. So been robbed anyway without setting foot on the A38! 😭

For the promotion and sales generation Fran, wheres my Accurascale Reward points????? 😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

It was only £10 cheaper but when I put my points on as well it became even more of a bargain! 

On the talk of points, I’ve just saved Accurascale from lost income surely that deserves points too… 😉😉

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2