Class 92, By Accurascale

4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

What kind of work requires 2x Class 92 to double head ?

Thats some serious earth moving power.

it it because of the severe gradient's on the route. i believe, having read the book 'British Diesel & Electric Abroad', that the gradients wore the bogies and wheel out very quickly so the 92's were taken off this duty. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/01/2023 at 12:20, Michael Hodgson said:

My Ukrainian guest flew home to visit family this Xmas saving money by a bus route from Poland that took 24 hours longer than using much faster connections possible via Romania.  She's doing well at work here and says next time she'll be using the faster route.

Forgive me for being niave but I thought there was a war going on in Ukraine.  How come they are travelling back and forth on family visits?

Apologies for the OT post but I am responding to another.

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Forgive me for being niave but I thought there was a war going on in Ukraine.  How come they are travelling back and forth on family visits?

Apologies for the OT post but I am responding to another.

You can fly to Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Hungary and train or drive. Ground borders are all open, even Belarus is open.

indeed some long closed rail corridors have been relayed and reopened to, though for “freight” use..of a sorts.

Even mail is still working, I recieved a letter from Kiev last month, took 5 days, presumably went by road then air from Poland.

There was a thread on a German forum about an expat living in the South, built his layout etc. Russians came, damaged his home from shelling,  looted but left the layout behind.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

The woods metal I use for white metal comes from Ukraine, when I looked it was in the middle of one of the areas Russia attacked first - they are still sending out goods. Life goes on, even when their lives are in jeopardy, and family is of course of huge importance. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, palmsticks said:

Alternative Class 92 sounds:-

I saw that and immediately my mind went to 86231… intercity mainline livery, with Scottish black headcode box.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Had a play with one recently, aside from an iffy pan looks a nice model.

the sound irks me though, the converters ect shouldnt start up every time you start moving and stop when you come to a stand, they should be running constantly while the loco is powered up.

There also dont seem to be any rheostatic braking fan sounds which should coincide with the loco braking unless ive missed that, aswell as the frequency changes of the traction system when pulling away.

wonder if this will be updated in future. 

awfully tempted to order 92010 and renumber to 23 anyhow, just hope there will be a re-release of the coaches as the ebay prices are just silly!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Erixtar1992 said:

There also dont seem to be any rheostatic braking fan sounds which should coincide with the loco braking unless ive missed that, aswell as the frequency changes of the traction system when pulling away.

F12 turns the rheostatic braking on. Even then, it only sounds as you brake to slow down or stop using F5.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, SRman said:

F12 turns the rheostatic braking on. Even then, it only sounds as you brake to slow down or stop using F5.

Thats good that its on there, il have to pinch my mates one and try that.  
should be on all the time though imo

Edited by Erixtar1992

On 05/01/2023 at 21:24, scumcat said:

Sorted this with the brilliant accurascale tech support. I have a prodigy advance2 that I don’t like so I resort back to my Hornby elite. At first the power pack didn’t work at all on either after checking the cv,s it now works on my prodigy but not my elite. The support think it’s the old technology of the elite and who am I to argue. I will probably carry on with the elite for now as I really don’t like the Gaugemaster system.

Now that is strange because my deltic worked on the Hornby controller with the stay alive working fine but then when I put it on the main layout using dijikeys and Itrains system the stay alive didnt work, im waiting on a reply from accrascale about this as this would be the second time this has happened. 

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, scumcat said:

I’m awaiting news from accurascale on my 92, however I have now reconnected my Hornby elite and put the prodigy back in the drawer for now I noticed that the prodigy has fewer volts  and amps than the Hornby. It’s got me tied in knots to be truthful I prefer the Hornbys set up but others say it’s rubbish. I prefer the prodigy’s walkabout ability but my trains run so slow with it. If I can get the power with the function of the prodigy I’d probably be happy. I contacted dcc concepts about the alpha box and power and I feel this could be the answer. But non in stock I can wait though.

NCE powercab seems to have very low voltage by my DCC concepts meter and ive seen in the tread that having problems.......is it time for Accuracab control.......what is running the layout at Accurascale Tower?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

NCE powercab seems to have very low voltage by my DCC concepts meter and ive seen in the tread that having problems.......is it time for Accuracab control.......what is running the layout at Accurascale Tower?

I think you've just set the agenda for their next meeting :D

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Accurascale staff
8 hours ago, WisTramwayMan said:

What's the latest on the DCC function chips for the 92s - last thing I read was that these were stuck in Customs, or have they now been potentially further delayed as a result of the ESU chip issues that Rapido seem to have with the OO Hunslet ?

they arrived at the warehouse yesterday after a rather extended brexit customs holiday :(

no chip shortage issue (that they were in customs meant they existed :) ) (we forward buy all of our chips (like our dollars :)) to mitigate ‘normal’ delays and shortages as much as possible)

Edited by McC
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, McC said:

they arrived at the warehouse yesterday after a rather extended brexit customs holiday :(

no chip shortage issue (that they were in customs meant they existed :) ) (we forward buy all of our chips (like our dollars :)) to mitigate ‘normal’ delays and shortages as much as possible)

The problem Rapido had with their chips was a component overheating and melting the body shell of the CoBos. Apparently ESU were supplied with faulty components. Hope your chips aren't affected by that. 

• Accurascale staff
28 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

The problem Rapido had with their chips was a component overheating and melting the body shell of the CoBos. Apparently ESU were supplied with faulty components. Hope your chips aren't affected by that. 

One of the delays with the Mk5's was the replacement of a faulty component in the lighting circuit that was causing mild overheating issues. It was caught in our testing regimen and replaced before shipment. 

• Like 5

• Accurascale staff

Hi everyone,

Absolutely delighted to report that the Class 92 lokpilots have escaped customs and landed at our warehouse! We will begin sending them out next week once the TPE Mark 5s are away and clear.

Thank you for your patience on these!

Order yours here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories/products/class-92-deltic-dcc-standard-chip

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Absolutely delighted to report that the Class 92 lokpilots have escaped customs and landed at our warehouse! We will begin sending them out next week once the TPE Mark 5s are away and clear.

Order yours here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories/products/class-92-deltic-dcc-standard-chip

Cheers!

Fran 

Wooo hooo.

• RMweb Premium
On 26/01/2023 at 13:57, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Are the drivers and 2nd men also having their release negotiated?

• Like 1

• Accurascale staff
18 minutes ago, Mooresby said:

Are the drivers and 2nd men also having their release negotiated?

Hi @Mooresby,

These are still due from our friends at Modelu. I understand they have been moving premises this week so we should have them next week when they're back up and running.

Cheers!

Fran