Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, WisTramwayMan said:

Any further news on Bart ? It seems to be taking a fair while to arrive in Cornwall (possibly the lack of 3rd rail or OHL in those parts...)

Probably worth getting in touch with Kernow direct as a sample had been sent but no approval yet so they hadn't been shipped

• Accurascale staff
48 minutes ago, WisTramwayMan said:

Any further news on Bart ? It seems to be taking a fair while to arrive in Cornwall (possibly the lack of 3rd rail or OHL in those parts...)

Hi @WisTramwayMan,

Currently getting its beauty shots. Expect exciting news surrounding the unleashing of Bart next week! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

What do you mean by a standard 21 pin decoder? What make/model is it? How many functions does it have?

`it a Bachmann 36-557 Branchline E-Z Command Decoder, but I have ordered a ESU 59029 Locomotive Pilot 5 Basic Digital Decoder With 21MTC NEM660 Plug

thanks, HornbyHobbies74

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, HornbyHobbies74 said:

`it a Bachmann 36-557 Branchline E-Z Command Decoder, but I have ordered a ESU 59029 Locomotive Pilot 5 Basic Digital Decoder With 21MTC NEM660 Plug

thanks, HornbyHobbies74

Why not get the decoder that Accurascale make to match it?, cheap enough and you know it will not toast anything after spending good money buying the loco made by them.

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories/products/class-92-deltic-dcc-standard-chip

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, HornbyHobbies74 said:

thanks, HornbyHobbies74

You're going to struggle with that one I think. It's only 4 function so will only do a few of the lighting functions and won't do the pantographs.

I think the LP5 basic might be able to operate the pantographs, assuming the servos are on the same pins as the full fat LP5, but it is only 8 functions so won't make the most of the lighting on the loco.

If I were you I'd do as Eric suggests.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, WisTramwayMan said:

Well I’ve just had payment for my preorder taken, so it’s looking promising.

(Bank card taking a battering today though - Trains4U also called for payment for the Cavalex CDA’s) 

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, StuAllen said:

Well I’ve just had payment for my preorder taken, so it’s looking promising.

(Bank card taking a battering today though - Trains4U also called for payment for the Cavalex CDA’s) 

Same here down in the south east corner, Trains4U phoned on Tuesday and  the electronic receipt from Kernow arrived at 4:20pm this afternoon....... 

• Like 1

On 18/01/2023 at 21:50, adb968008 said:

After a busy few weeks, finally got chance to open some boxes….

222CDD63-5098-4B89-9BB5-3A6EF377E575.jpeg

0E1DFEE3-FE95-44A8-B300-A5E1374D6A13.jpeg

15538A96-2D9C-4F40-9479-05530B3CAAD6.jpeg

as others have said, this is the nicest box…

E085DC02-B353-4811-8AFB-758E805C6493.jpeg.2f60e1c35f89cd55292ce226fd3fe25d.jpeg

9339FD85-51AA-46FB-8B9B-72EE734A896F.jpeg.a9a530c27de608c010556d1491258568.jpeg

I didnt realise 92010 was a limited edition too..

1BC94AD3-15C8-450F-BAFC-A710DCAD09F9.jpeg.d35ef4bfa768ddc3abc81ac6b23ee7fc.jpeg

6AAFB3CC-B0DF-4BDA-920A-B726A4F2AA18.jpeg.992c36c51f6c932fca2673febab2a28f.jpeg

You got a right collection of Dyson's there ... i am certainly loving this one below and can't wait for this to arrive at Johnson Street, possibly, eventually with either 92042 or 92036.

92015.jpeg

• Like 1

On 19/01/2023 at 09:29, WisTramwayMan said:

Apararantly they are going to Cornwall next week, but in the meantime to give you hope they have been billing people in advance of its arrival! 

• Like 1

On 14/01/2023 at 21:50, Roy Langridge said:

Well, that guarantees an EPS one in the next batch!

Roy

At one time EPS was difficult to get licensing for I believe, hence only Hornby bothered and Lima didn't!  Shame someone didn't think about the night star coaches, instead of letting them rot and eventually giving them away, they could have been used to displace Mk3 sleepers many years ago!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

At one time EPS was difficult to get licensing for I believe, hence only Hornby bothered and Lima didn't!  Shame someone didn't think about the night star coaches, instead of letting them rot and eventually giving them away, they could have been used to displace Mk3 sleepers many years ago!

Nightstar was a few years too early, and the wrong route imo.

Had it emerged with “new europe” in 2003, Nightstar could have found a niche on overnights from Warsaw, Krakow, Prague and Budapest to London with the migration wave that came at that time.
Maybe Rapido may consider them, in HO, the coaches have been busy in Canada for nearly 3 decades, and do a run in Nightstar livery, as a nod to European modellers.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Nightstar was a few years too early, and the wrong route imo.

Had it emerged with “new europe” in 2003, Nightstar could have found a niche on overnights from Warsaw, Krakow, Prague and Budapest to London with the migration wave that came at that time.

I like that thought, but those impecunious east European migrants came because of lack of opportunity at home, so I wonder whether they would have afforded the extra cost of sleeper berths? 

My Ukrainian guest flew home to visit family this Xmas saving money by a bus route from Poland that took 24 hours longer than using much faster connections possible via Romania.  She's doing well at work here and says next time she'll be using the faster route.

If demand for sleeper services is ever to return in a serious way (as favoured by environmentalists), their pricing has to change relative to alternatives.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi,

Just got my 92s, and they are stunning and sound great, really happy with them!

One question is that is there a way of making the decoder remember it is meant to be in 'Third Rail' Mode when it is taken off the track and put back? As when I take it off, put it back and turn the sound it, it defaults to AC Mode and raises the pantographs. I know you can stop this by pressing F8 to put it into Third Rail Mode before pushing F1, I'm just thinking my operators at exhibition are bound to forget this and we'll loose the pantographs at some point.

If not, don't worry, I'll have to put an AJ03 Sign up!

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tetsudofan said:

As I don't have any overhead wiring I followed the instructions on the "List of DCC functions" and:

Set CV22 to 0, then set CV's 359/360/367/368 to 63

and the pantographs stay disabled........

Ah! I should have read the instructions, thanks :)

Simon

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Or for the low tech version - leave them

clipped down. It will hold the clips in place and won’t damage the mechanism. 

Yes, as well as changing the CVs I left the clips in place, double protection I think!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Having seen the great work by @nightstar.trainto create the EPS version, I wondered if there are any other ‘main’ variations that could be modelled by Accurascale. I’ve come up with:

- no roundels, GB Railfreight lettering 92044 Couperin

GB Railfreight Trainload right Triple Grey Class 92, 92044 "Couperin"

if venturing into mainland Europe:

- EWS bodyside logo and DB stickers (Bulgaria) - with or without different deflectors 

The copper bros

- DB red with no yellow warning panels

DB 472 003 és a DB 472 005 mozdonyai

- Croatia Transagent red

Transagent Rail 472 004, Zagreb Klara, Croatia

- Transagent black

Transagent 472 005, Velika Gorica

It would be good to know if there are any more

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
On 21/01/2023 at 12:20, Michael Hodgson said:

I like that thought, but those impecunious east European migrants came because of lack of opportunity at home, so I wonder whether they would have afforded the extra cost of sleeper berths? 

My Ukrainian guest flew home to visit family this Xmas saving money by a bus route from Poland that took 24 hours longer than using much faster connections possible via Romania.  She's doing well at work here and says next time she'll be using the faster route.

If demand for sleeper services is ever to return in a serious way (as favoured by environmentalists), their pricing has to change relative to alternatives.

True but a few million came, you only need a few hundred of those on the train.

The airlines made a killing on EE routes, and several airports in EE positively bulged.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, amwells said:

Having seen the great work by @nightstar.trainto create the EPS version, I wondered if there are any other ‘main’ variations that could be modelled by Accurascale. I’ve come up with:

- no roundels, GB Railfreight lettering 92044 Couperin

GB Railfreight Trainload right Triple Grey Class 92, 92044 "Couperin"

if venturing into mainland Europe:

- EWS bodyside logo and DB stickers (Bulgaria) - with or without different deflectors 

The copper bros

- DB red with no yellow warning panels

DB 472 003 és a DB 472 005 mozdonyai

- Croatia Transagent red

Transagent Rail 472 004, Zagreb Klara, Croatia

- Transagent black

Transagent 472 005, Velika Gorica

It would be good to know if there are any more

What kind of work requires 2x Class 92 to double head ?

Thats some serious earth moving power.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1