Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

Ravel was a nice unexpected arrival this morning. Really nice touch with the box, and the limited edition certificate. I was interested in 015 as well, but don’t recall in working on the network post being made into its current guise, so held off. Looking forward to Kernows now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

Why not get a bit of Peco 009 “crazy track” and display a Bachmann Quarry Hunslet in front of it? My family is amazed that the two are the same scale.

I took this last week in Monk Bar Models. Hard to believe that Rocket is a larger scale!

20221215_133320.jpg.00096fce2952cf1f4cdb53b3f3711309.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Br60066 said:

I know we need an MTC decoder and was hoping a Dapol Imperium 1

I think you're best off buying an ESU one, then at least you know it will work as well as the factory sound ones (with the right CVs set).

You won't be able to adjust pantograph height without having servo functionality on the chip either. I presume based on what has already been said by the Accurascale guys that as long as you have outputs on AUX11 and 12 you can operate the pantographs without servo functionality on the chip, but I can't see how adjustment would be possible without it.

24 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I think you're best off buying an ESU one, then at least you know it will work as well as the factory sound ones (with the right CVs set).

You won't be able to adjust pantograph height without having servo functionality on the chip either. I presume based on what has already been said by the Accurascale guys that as long as you have outputs on AUX11 and 12 you can operate the pantographs without servo functionality on the chip, but I can't see how adjustment would be possible without it.

Think you might be right with that one! Was just trying to get something working over the festive period.

Think there would be a huge market for a "DCC for dummies" course or book!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Br60066 said:

Think you might be right with that one! Was just trying to get something working over the festive period.

Does the DCC ready one come with a list of outputs as per the sound fitted ones? That at least would let you know what output on your decoder did what.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Why not get a bit of Peco 009 “crazy track” and display a Bachmann Quarry Hunslet in front of it? My family is amazed that the two are the same scale.

And maybe my Rivarossi Allegheny HO 2-6-6-6 behind! 😄

Edited by sirwilliamfrs
correction
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Br60066 said:

Here is what is on the card for DCC sound, in case this info isn't in the DCC ready box20221224_210653.jpg.9ba624ee7eeee26840f04baad9ccb565.jpg

I don't know if activating AUX7 does anything with the pantos or not. On the LS/LP5 it would be/is (on sound models) configured as servo power so I expect AUX11/12 are still setting the position.

Edited by TomScrut

• Accurascale staff
6 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Will the EU orders be sent out in January.  I have not received any e mails yet.

About 150 or so made it out before the shut down. If you didn’t get tracking it will be sent in the gap between the holidays and new year 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Dicky L said:

surprised to see this speaker Inside the DCC ready version. I thought I might have to buy that when I upgraded to sound

C33FE8E4-6095-48E6-BC9E-99319D5721ED.jpeg

The assembly team are still suffering purple deltic assembly syndrome and have made a boo boo it seems as its not the only one, obviously more councelling will be needed to get them well again.

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Jamescav95 said:

I'm sure they said somewhere that all models contain the speaker so sound can be easily fitted after

So my understanding is that generally just the smaller speaker would be fitted to DCC ready but it appears that for some reason the factory has been fitting them to both. Ie I wouldn’t necessarily expect this to be the case with the 37/31/50 going forward.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, E100 said:

So my understanding is that generally just the smaller speaker would be fitted to DCC ready but it appears that for some reason the factory has been fitting them to both. Ie I wouldn’t necessarily expect this to be the case with the 37/31/50 going forward.

better buy plenty 92 stock up so we have the free Accurathrash speakers to fit to  the 30/31/37 and 50 models then......

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 24/12/2022 at 23:39, McC said:

About 150 or so made it out before the shut down. If you didn’t get tracking it will be sent in the gap between the holidays and new year 

I’m waiting on three to find their way to Ireland. They’ll get here. Today I’ve been trying to buy another on the .com site - showing as 50 in stock for most of the day which seems a bit odd - but it doesn’t allow for delivery to Ireland. So I can’t buy there. On the IRM / EU site all 92s are showing as out of stock so I can’t buy there either! I’m wondering if it’s something I’m doing incorrectly or if it’s on the Accurascale side?

I'm very upset that I didn't receive my 92001 before Christmas. I know there is a tendency on this forum to complain about little things, but this is MAJOR!

Although to be fair, I only ordered it today.

That might have something to do with it.

• Funny 17

• Accurascale staff
59 minutes ago, Brambles said:

I’m waiting on three to find their way to Ireland. They’ll get here. Today I’ve been trying to buy another on the .com site - showing as 50 in stock for most of the day which seems a bit odd - but it doesn’t allow for delivery to Ireland. So I can’t buy there. On the IRM / EU site all 92s are showing as out of stock so I can’t buy there either! I’m wondering if it’s something I’m doing incorrectly or if it’s on the Accurascale side?

As on accurascale we ship all preorders before listing any new stock available to buy. A small amount should be available in the next few weeks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Damo666 said:

I'm very upset that I didn't receive my 92001 before Christmas. I know there is a tendency on this forum to complain about little things, but this is MAJOR!

Although to be fair, I only ordered it today.

That might have something to do with it.

Retailers and manufacturers have been busting their guts trying to get stuff to us before Christmas. I wish they hadn’t. The time coming up to Christmas was so busy that I could have done without four new locos arriving and distracting me. It goes to show that you can’t please everyone. Especially not this grumpy old git.

• Funny 7