Class 92, By Accurascale

3 hours ago, tetsudofan said:

- at 20:07 last night the parcel was collected by DHL 

- at 08:20 this morning the parcel was at the delivery depot somewhere in Kent

- at 09:20 the parcel was out for delivery

- at 15:58 the parcel was delivered by DHL to my home on the southeast Kent coast

Mine was even quicker, pick-up notified yesterday evening, delivery just before 8am this morning so just about 12 hours to arrive in South Cheshire. I’m not normally a DHL fan but that’s damn good. That said I’ve not opened the box yet!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 15/12/2022 at 07:55, McC said:

Something our R&D team are testing among other things… now if we can just have a grand ceremonial burning of all tension locks …

Perhaps could we have a Tension-Lock Amnesty where they’re all melted down and recycled?

I’ll give you 100 unwanted couplings in return for another Class 92..? 😛

• Funny 7

I received notification earlier this afternoon that 92001 is on its way to me. These warehouse folk certainly don't hang around. 🙂

Well done to all involved. A Christmas present to me. Well, I have shovelled enough coal this year! 😂

Edited by AForce
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, reddragon said:

My 92 left on 15th, due today but still at delivery depot!

In this day and age I think delivery dates, no matter the carrier, are best taken with a pitch of salt. Over here they are frequently off. The good thing is they seem to always get delivered in the end.

You will get it. Just may not be today.

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Seems to be the norm , Late deliveries , having said that my order  class 92  Charles Dickens was notified on Monday that my order would arrive Tuesday lunchtime and sure enough it arrived at 11-45 and what a great model it is  in Railfreight Distribution livery just waiting for my final 2.Victor Hugo should have  arrived Thursday however, put back to Saturday now, no sign yet about my third GBRF ..

• Like 4

My first 92 arrived today, this was a bonus and last minute purchase of 92042, my preorders hopefully arrive next week.

There is nothing I am going to say here that hasn't been said by pretty much everyone else who has been in receipt of one of these beasts. Beautiful model, brilliantly packed and at a spec and price that none of the competition can match. Marvellous.

I remember standing near to Fran and Patrick at Ally Pally watching the awards being dished out. Thinking to myself at the time how they must have felt watching the top awards go elsewhere whilst knowing they had models up their sleeves which (through no fault of their own) were late. I nearly sidled over and said "Don't worry lads, you'll clean up next year". Having both the Deltic and 92 in hand (then we still have the treasures yet to come!) I am very confident that they'll be struggling to carry all of the awards back to the Accurascale stand next time around, give me a shout if you need a hand lads!

It all sounds a bit fanboyish I know, but I guess I can't pretend that I am not when a company are releasing models that I want and doing it better than anyone else.

Edited by ac1874
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Markwj said:

Despite asking for a parcel redirection to the pick up shop DHL delivered to my home.

Now I have some explaining to do- thanks a bunch DHL and Accurascale!

Nice loco though (92001).

Well you never know. It may work out. The other day, for the first time ever my dear wife said "how many engines do you have?" I was shocked! Never had she shown so much interest in my trains. I told her the number, expecting thunder and lightening.  She was not surprised or upset at all. Infact she is getting me a gift card to the local hobby shop. 

I wish you such good fortune.🙂

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I've just received 92 038. A bit off my usual track as a modern electric.  I took a bit of a punt on a DCC sound chip, wondering what noise an electric would make.  I'm very pleased with all aspects of the model indeed: the detail and livery are superb, the working pantographs are fantastic, and the sounds are great.  It's a superb model. As letterspider said above, it's tremendous fun and I've spent hours "playing" with it.

Peterfgf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2022 at 14:37, scumcat said:

When you see this it shows what can be done Anything less should not be acceptable ever again

...'at this price and specification'. I think it's important that there are budget options in the market place (as opposed to budget spec at premium prices, which I think we can all agree is an issue - and where Accurascale are setting the bar). 

• Like 3

Having read most of this thread on the wonderful class 92 i'm not surprised how every one who has aquired  one so far are delighted with this model, however, i am not, the illuminated cab desk is amazing but on closer inspection this morning i noticed that the needle on the speedometor  dosn't actually move, has anybody else have this defect ? Or has mine a fault ?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 14

I'm absolutely loving seeing so many happy customers & Reading such incredible reviews about the 92's. I'm still eagerly awaiting my now 4 examples (001,010,020 & 036). Please can someone let me know if these are likely to arrive (UK customer) pre Xmas? Many thanks all. 

Follow up on my post 17 hours ago , DHL delivered Victor Hugo today Saturday however he must have been lonely as 92032 GBRf IMECHE-RAILWAY DIVISION came at the same time bonus for Victor to have a companion. Thanks Accurascale for 3 excellent sound class 92s, I have had Railfreight running and it is really amazing from almost crawl to express speed .the finish on these Locomotives is top class as well, highly recommended

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I was expecting 92001 to arrive on Monday, but much to my amazement it arrived this morning... I'm simply lost for words with this model.

I haven't tested it yet and nothing was broken when I opened it. All I needed to do was reattach the coupling & housing at one end. Well done Accurascale. 😎

92001_5.jpg.ef9516b3cbd4208fae008884d1f500aa.jpg

92001_3.jpg.2e6b1fea595ec747ae4f2f6c474ce5eb.jpg

92001_2.jpg.32a939016b33571968a20b773fdcee2a.jpg

• Like 6

Excuse my ignorance and I have double checked the instructions, but I can't seem to raise the pantographs?

I saw reference to having to unclip them earlier in this thread although I haven't found an obvious clip point? I've gone through the various DCC Sound functions on the sheet and there is definitely a whirring noise happening underneath each panto when I try them.

Thanks for any assistance as I don't want to damage anything.

Edited by AForce

• Accurascale staff
34 minutes ago, AForce said:

Excuse my ignorance and I have double checked the instructions, but I can't seem to raise the pantographs?

I saw reference to having to unclip them earlier in this thread although I haven't found an obvious clip point? I've gone through the various DCC Sound functions on the sheet and there is definitely a whirring noise happening underneath each panto when I try them.

Thanks for any assistance as I don't want to damage anything.

there is a ‘warning read this first’ sheet in the pack. You need to pop the pans out of the transport clips or running WILL damage the system! 
there is instructions on releasing them in the informatikn pack. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, McC said:

there is a ‘warning read this first’ sheet in the pack. You need to pop the pans out of the transport clips or running WILL damage the system! 
there is instructions on releasing them in the informatikn pack. 

Thanks McC, had another rummage in the box and found a rather bright yellow warning sheet!

I must be going blind. 🙄 All sorted now! I'm evidently today's 'Darwin Award' winner.

Edited by AForce
  • Like 1