Class 92, By Accurascale

• Accurascale staff
9 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

With such great technology coming with models nowadays...... How long will it be before models come with a controllable coupling.  Just a thought for the future...... 

Something our R&D team are testing among other things… now if we can just have a grand ceremonial burning of all tension locks …

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

With such great technology coming with models nowadays...... How long will it be before models come with a controllable coupling.  Just a thought for the future...... 

Well in terms of DCC uncoupling there's the Keen systems system (bit tricky on D&E models mind you) for UK style tension locks

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/techniques/how-to-fit-a-dcc-uncoupler/

This HO product from 2014 looks more promising, for Kadees:-

https://www.precimodels.com/en/8-products/1-dcc-uncouplers

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, McC said:

Something our R&D team are testing among other things… now if we can just have a grand ceremonial burning of all tension locks …

Sounds like you have a "Q" branch, working on "boings", "thingies" and "what do ya call em's!" 

I had herd rumours that the Accurathrash speaker was really a bug.......

Could get scary if Accurascale launch a pen and a watch......Class 50 with laser in the headlight activated by pressing F10.  My wallet disintegrated at Warley just looking at a 3D print of the cab......

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, spamcan61 said:

Well in terms of DCC uncoupling 

This HO product from 2014 looks more promising, for Kadees:-

https://www.precimodels.com/en/8-products/1-dcc-uncouplers

Unfortunately it doesn’t keep the real advantage of Kadees in that unless the truck has the same mechanism fitted you won’t get the remote uncoupled shunting feature.

Hi Fran & co.

From the images posted already I’m seriously looking forward to receiving my ordered models. In saying that and apologies if I’ve missed it, have the models of 92010 & 92020 started to be dispatched?

If not, being International based does that mean a 2023 dispatch and delivery? If so that really isn’t an issue, after all patience is a virtue. Seemingly 😉

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Purnu said:

Hi Fran & co.

From the images posted already I’m seriously looking forward to receiving my ordered models. In saying that and apologies if I’ve missed it, have the models of 92010 & 92020 started to be dispatched?

If not, being International based does that mean a 2023 dispatch and delivery? If so that really isn’t an issue, after all patience is a virtue. Seemingly 😉

Next week for these two to be cleared and dispatched by last e mail.............

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Well 92038 has arrived with me and one word sort of covers it, Wow. 

It’s the full package as with any accurascale item but on a loco (my first) it is another level. Stunning packaging, detailed and interesting paperwork, hefty model weight, quality of finish all over the entire thing, no loose parts, incredible detail etc. It absolutely feels completely worth the very reasonable cost to purchase it.

I haven’t run it yet but am certain it will be everything I expect.

All round a very high quality all encompassing package that has every T crossed and I dotted.

Well done team accurascale.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Next week for these two to be cleared and dispatched by last e mail.............

Thanks for the reply.

The extra time means I can actually finish track laying and attempting to install OHLE. 

Always a silver lining 😂

• Friendly/supportive 1

Still waiting for my first one to be dispatched, ordered Monday afternoon, here's hoping for an email this afternoon!

Next week I'd going to be busy after these guys 'forced' me to make preorders.

Edited by ac1874

• RMweb Premium

Apologises if already mentioned up topic but I'd ordered a previously sold out class 92 from Rails.

What is the update regarding class 92s on order from retailers, are they awaiting despatch/have been despatched ?

Thanks Paul

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, rprodgers said:

Apologises if already mentioned up topic but I'd ordered a previously sold out class 92 from Rails.

What is the update regarding class 92s on order from retailers, are they awaiting despatch/have been despatched ?

Thanks Paul

i asked earlier in the week, non commission retailers should of been told when they will get them (although mine has not), think rails is next week, happy to be corrected

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t keep the real advantage of Kadees in that unless the truck has the same mechanism fitted you won’t get the remote uncoupled shunting feature.

looks like its a function they have on the IRM chips as standard.......

The decoder supports the automatic push and pull movements – known as the coupler waltz - required for reliable operation of digital couplers such as the ones by ROCO® and Krois® as well as Telex® couplers.

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, Purnu said:

Hi Fran & co.

Hi @Purnu,

They were to arrive today but our good friends in Customs released them later than envisaged, so should arrive tomorrow. Keep the fingers crossed!

18 minutes ago, rprodgers said:

Thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

Retailer orders are currently being packed up. We hope they go out today and tomorrow.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

looks like its a function they have on the IRM chips as standard.......

The decoder supports the automatic push and pull movements – known as the coupler waltz - required for reliable operation of digital couplers such as the ones by ROCO® and Krois® as well as Telex® couplers.

I think I understand what your saying, but unless both Kadees are “open” the remote coupling function will not work.

I use the “Kadee shuffle” on my locos but it isn’t that reliable TBH, I find a dozen or so micro magnets 3mm x8mm in the track do a good job.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday at 17:39 an email was received from Accurascale advising that my 92032 was on its way to me. Taking into account the time of the year and everything going on in the outside world my immediate thought was that if I was lucky 92032 might be delivered by this coming Saturday.

However, much to my surprise I was to be lucky:

- at 20:07 last night the parcel was collected by DHL 

- at 08:20 this morning the parcel was at the delivery depot somewhere in Kent

- at 09:20 the parcel was out for delivery

- at 15:58 the parcel was delivered by DHL to my home on the southeast Kent coast

For the package to be delivered in under 24 hours at this time of the year is just fantastic. Many thanks Accurascale for packing and dispatching 92032 so quickly and DHL for delivering it to my home within 24 hours.

Now I've got to digest the paperwork that accompanied the model........ somewhat more detailed than what came with the purchase of my first dcc sound-fitted locomotive - a Pennsylvania Railroad GG1 electric locomotive produced by Broadway Limited around 20 years ago. Things in the dcc sound market have changed since then!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, McC said:

For your super duper 08 shunter???

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

5 hours ago, reddragon said:

I got a dispatch notification for my 92032 this morning, hoping for warmer weather to put it through its paces!

Shame they haven't done 92002, seem to recall that got its bits frozen on a test track in Czech Republic.  Would be quite easy to replicate it in current conditions.....

• Like 3
  • Funny 1