Class 92, By Accurascale

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

it discounts it if you add it to your basket.....i did think the traders were all encouraged to keep a level playing field but theres lots discounting now....

That address is Canns Trading.  You might want to see the other forum about them

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Limited supplies of 92 001 in EWS and 92 032 in GBRf liveries now available on our website.

ACC2190-92001_0007.jpeg.1c2afa500d393f6ec5943a1cd9a379a9.jpeg

Grab them while you can; https://www.accurascale.com/collections/british-rail-class-92/availability_in-stock?

Cheers!

Fran 

Now I'm anxious about my "rails of sheffield" preorder for victor hugo as I placed mine down quite late (November)

• Accurascale staff
31 minutes ago, Delta_Who said:

Now I'm anxious about my "rails of sheffield" preorder for victor hugo as I placed mine down quite late (November)

Hi @Delta_Who,

Once Rails' stock level corresponds to the order quantity they asked from us (and I reckon it will) your order will be safe with them.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, McC said:

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 0
----------------------
CV359 = 53
CV360 = 26
CV367 = 53
CV368 = 26

CV31/CV32 is the indexing.
 The others are the height limits.

Hope that helps, any trouble, drop the team a line!

Is that all that needs doing? I didn't think the servos were activated by default

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

Don’t know, just remember watching the test.

Ah, that could be an attempt at inertial confinement!

That must have been spectacular to see in person.

I love that the buffers from 46009 are on display in the warehouse at the NRM

46009 .

https://collection.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/objects/co537901/two-locomotive-buffers-locomotive-buffers

Also, found these pictures which I had previously not seen: http://www.nigeltout.com/html/crash-test-old-dalby.html

Anyhoo, back, err, on track:  loving the pics of the class 92s.  Would love to see more from any new owners!

Here are some lovely pictures from Colin J Marsden's Dawlish Trains

http://www.dawlishtrains.com/class-92.html

Class 92 Brush - Dawlish Trains.jpg

Edited by palmsticks
Borg removal
  • Like 6

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Is that all that needs doing? I didn't think the servos were activated by default

All the ‘smarts’ are in the pan pcba. All the chip has to do is say ‘go’

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, McC said:

That's interesting, but that confuses me more as the CVs Fran said are setting the movement distances of the servos!

So I presume in that case then best results are still obtained via an ESU V5 because of this? As in a normal decoder with outputs on those pins is just going to make it move from max to min whereas an ESU allows for adjustment?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, McC said:

Thats a good idea.  Does it have any sensors / potentiometer to know what position it is in?  Also, is it possible to manually move the pantograph without damaging the mechanism?

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

That's interesting, but that confuses me more as the CVs Fran said are setting the movement distances of the servos!

So I presume in that case then best results are still obtained via an ESU V5 because of this? As in a normal decoder with outputs on those pins is just going to make it move from max to min whereas an ESU allows for adjustment?

Pretty much. Those CVs allow

tou to adjust the max height and indexing. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

Presumably there is digital traffic from the decoder going to the micro on the PCB that is operating the motor to drive the pantograph

• Like 2

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, palmsticks said:

Thats a good idea.  Does it have any sensors / potentiometer to know what position it is in?  Also, is it possible to manually move the pantograph without damaging the mechanism?

They are preset at the factory and have mechanical ‘brakes’ to stop them exceeding the limits. The entire mech is sprung to both follow wiring or be manually pushed about (and is clipped down for transit). 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, McC said:

They are preset at the factory and have mechanical ‘brakes’ to stop them exceeding the limits. The entire mech is sprung to both follow wiring or be manually pushed about (and is clipped down for transit). 

So it is poseable in an upright without being powered up?  Apologies for dumb questions: very much looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, palmsticks said:

So it is poseable in an upright without being powered up?  Apologies for dumb questions: very much looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!

Absolutely. Simply unclip it and boing! Pantograph is raised. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 minutes ago, palmsticks said:

Presumably there is digital traffic from the decoder going to the micro on the PCB that is operating the motor to drive the pantograph

Yes that will be the case. I just thought that the servo outputs on the decoder needed to be enabled to send the signals in that manner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, palmsticks said:

Ah, that could be an attempt at inertial confinement!

That must have been spectacular to see in person.

I love that the buffers from 46009 are on display in the warehouse at the NRM

46009 .

https://collection.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/objects/co537901/two-locomotive-buffers-locomotive-buffers

Also, found these pictures which I had previously not seen: http://www.nigeltout.com/html/crash-test-old-dalby.html

Anyhoo, back, err, on track:  loving the pics of the class 92s.  Would love to see more from any new owners!

Here are some lovely pictures from Colin J Marsden's Dawlish Trains

http://www.dawlishtrains.com/class-92.html

Class 92 Brush - Dawlish Trains.jpg

I know the models are seriously detailed, but I hope that we are not quite at the stage of needing a Morris Crane as the hand of God for coupling and uncoupling...... 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Torbay Express said:

With such great technology coming with models nowadays...... How long will it be before models come with a controllable coupling.  Just a thought for the future...... 

electromagnetic couplings ?

would certainly make a slip coach easier.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

Was all excited about receiving my locos, email said dispatched last Saturday, however, DHL tracking says that they haven’t been collected yet. Is that correct Fran and co?

I'm afraid we'll need more details before we can confirm the situation with your order. Can you please send an email to support@accurascale.co.uk referencing the order number and we'll look into it for you?

Edited by Patrick
  • Thanks 1