Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mick,

If you go into the chatbot option on the website you can find them per model type. Here is the TPE Mark 5 leaflet: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0019/3957/0801/files/Mk5_TPE_information_sheet.pdf?v=1676301391

Cheers!

Fran 

I had a look for Support yesterday. I must admit that I would never have thought of using a chatbot. You seem to have buried the subject.

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Bucoops said:

I was looking for something the other day (can't remember what!) and couldn't find it - I think it would be a good idea to add a support link to the site that leads to how-tos and electronic versions of the manual. 

Pretty sure there used to be one.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Pretty sure there used to be one.

I think so too but can't be certain. I seem to recall not having trouble in the past.

I've used the chat function a few times and don't recall seeing it on there.

• RMweb Premium

If you type support into the search bit it brings up the models and the how too on them,

It does look like the sites been meddled with as it used to be under news in the past.

It would help if when they meddle they told one in the news whats been meddled with and how to drive the site,or they could just leave alone what aint broke and does not need meddled with..........

• Accurascale staff
17 minutes ago, 96701 said:

I had a look for Support yesterday. I must admit that I would never have thought of using a chatbot. You seem to have buried the subject.

Hi Phil,

We're currently rebuilding this whole area of the website and not quite done yet. We will look to make it more visible before we get it finished.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 12/02/2023 at 14:20, scumcat said:

I do use dcc but still can’t get things to work😂

Very advanced and realistic models these - just like the prototype. Cancel the service. Park it with lots of angry gesticulating passengers with suitcases milling around closed doors, driver getting off and no replacement getting on !!!!

Nice looking models though. I particularly like the livery.

Brit15

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

These TPE ones are stunning .  I find myself coming away from the layout then turning back thinking "och I'll just give them another wee run ". It actually has been a long time since I've got such pleasure owning and running a train .  Has to be said Dapols 68 pretty good too !

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Accurascale staff

Youll find all support and product guides in the help widget on any page now. just click the help icon, choose Other Topics / Product Guides

Any suggestions very welcome!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

Any suggestions very welcome!

As per your request:

for the TPE coaches there's a breakdown of the locations for the clips holding the sides onto the chassis; there's nothing about this on the CS sheet (I'm guessing this is due to the fact there's no decoder option on the sleepers).

Is it safe to assume they're in the same places?

I'm asking as I've tried to remove a CS body to fix a loose part and haven't been able to manage it yet (I was looking for only 4 clips in total).

Edited by Graham108
Added information

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, Graham108 said:

As per your request:

for the TPE coaches there's a breakdown of the locations for the clips holding the sides onto the chassis; there's nothing about this on the CS sheet (I'm guessing this is due to the fact there's no decoder option on the sleepers).

Is it safe to assume they're in the same places?

I'm asking as I've tried to remove a CS body to fix a loose part and haven't been able to manage it yet (I was looking for only 4 clips in total).

https://accurascale.customerdesk.io/#rp-customer-widget-faq-2a150708-a85b-4073-8a84-7cfd26c32ea9

We don't generally recommend removing the bodies, but if you need to do so for passenger fitting or detailing, here is the location of the retaining clips. We recommend gently prying the side of the coach with a guitar pick, credit card, or similar, and sliding a card into the clip location in each spot, and the body will cleanly slide away.

image (3).png

Edited by McC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Following delivery of my Packs 1 and 2 of the TPE liveried coach pack, i am simply blown away by these coaches and the DVT. Never in my lifetime did i ever imagine that i would be modelling with fantastically detailed locomotives, rolling stock and coaches of the like that Accurascale are producing. 
please keep up this excellent work on researching and producing what i firmly believe are the best RTR models presently available. I am simply in awe of these packs and have just secured another class 68 to go with pack 2 as well. 

top marks guys for an absolutely fantastic set of TPE's and CS's and for making my (genuinely) dreams come true. 

bring on the Class 37's now and i believe we are in for a REAL TREAT. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PeteB said:

I turned the layout off the other day, came back 10 minutes later and the coach lights were still on! 😵

Maybe a touch overkill on the keep alive, but at least we know they won't be flickering.

Mine were still on after I'd put them back in the box.

4 hours ago, E100 said:

Purely hypothetically of course. Any reason from the loco perspective that you couldn’t couple up two of these with the loco in the middle? A modern day auto coach sandwich if you will?

On your layout, under rule 1, you could absolutely do that, a 10 coach TPE set with loco in the middle and DT at each outer end. I reckon it would look good and It would certainly be a talking point!

On the real thing, I guess that would very much depend on whether the control systems allow for it. I suspect that would be unlikely, but who knows?

• Agree 1

Received my TPE set from Dublin today, and I am absolutely delighted with them.  Exquisite!

A Quick question to the group (and I’ll be asking support@AS too). Has anyone set up the DVT with a Lokpilot v.5 FX at all? I am expecting to get more than just marker/tail lights and destination, but I must have something wrong.  Headlights and cab light should work too?

Best wishes, Chris. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, McC said:

https://accurascale.customerdesk.io/#rp-customer-widget-faq-2a150708-a85b-4073-8a84-7cfd26c32ea9

We don't generally recommend removing the bodies, but if you need to do so for passenger fitting or detailing, here is the location of the retaining clips. We recommend gently prying the side of the coach with a guitar pick, credit card, or similar, and sliding a card into the clip location in each spot, and the body will cleanly slide away.

image (3).png

So if you don't recommend removing the body, how does that work for the DT that needs a decoder to work on DCC?

As an aside, still figuring out the loco to coach coupling, but I'm not getting  suitable replies of some other facebook groups. 

Edited by newbryford

• Accurascale staff
36 minutes ago, newbryford said:

So if you don't recommend removing the body, how does that work for the DT that needs a decoder to work on DCC?

As an aside, still figuring out the loco to coach coupling, but I'm not getting  suitable replies of some other facebook groups. 

Hi Mick

This is a sleeper, there isn’t a DT in that configuration. 

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, scumcat said:

I’ve tried to set up with a lokpilot 6 function only without much success. I’ve a cab light but no headlights. I’m taking another look tomorrow any advice on settings is welcome 

20 mph to clear the mainline...put a portable 3d printed head lamp on run at 75mph or top, turn or terminate!

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

11 hours ago, scumcat said:

I’ve tried to set up with a lokpilot 6 function only without much success. I’ve a cab light but no headlights. I’m taking another look tomorrow any advice on settings is welcome 

Did you see my post a few days ago? It has the settings.

Also, what controller are you doing it with? Some need a pulse back from the loco to program CVs, which is difficult for function decoders given they don't interface with a motor, if it is there. I have got around this in the past with a resistor over the tracks whilst it is programming.

Edited by TomScrut