Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

Just had a notification that my sleepers and TPE set have been dispatched and should be here tomorrow!  Slightly awkward as it's my wife's birthday tomorrow and I'll be the one receiving a massive parcel. Can't really pretend they're for her. 

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Just had a notification that my sleepers and TPE set have been dispatched and should be here tomorrow!  Slightly awkward as it's my wife's birthday tomorrow and I'll be the one receiving a massive parcel. Can't really pretend they're for her. 

Well dear seeing as it is your birthday I thought it would be great if we shared a common interest....so to get your started..etc 

It might work :)

• Funny 3

I'm confused!  (doesn't take much...)

I got the email that the sleepers were available again, and I viewed them on the website.  However, dumbly as it turns out, I decided I should check my finances to make sure I wouldn't be going overdrawn by buying them.  By the time I got back to the website again, they had all sold out.  A few words said, but fair enough, I wasn't quick enough and I missed out. Maybe there will be another run sometime.

However, today I have an email from Accurascale, saying that they had sold out in less than an hour, but now that I have the coaches (which I don't) would I like to buy a class 92 (which I do already have) to go with them?

So did I somehow manage to buy some sleeper coaches after all (nothing showing in "My orders")?   Or have Accurascale somehow got it all back to front?

At least I definitely have a TPE set ordered, and a Dapol 68 waiting for them, so looking forward to those.

Pete

• Accurascale staff
12 minutes ago, PeteB said:

I'm confused!  (doesn't take much...)

I got the email that the sleepers were available again, and I viewed them on the website.  However, dumbly as it turns out, I decided I should check my finances to make sure I wouldn't be going overdrawn by buying them.  By the time I got back to the website again, they had all sold out.  A few words said, but fair enough, I wasn't quick enough and I missed out. Maybe there will be another run sometime.

However, today I have an email from Accurascale, saying that they had sold out in less than an hour, but now that I have the coaches (which I don't) would I like to buy a class 92 (which I do already have) to go with them?

So did I somehow manage to buy some sleeper coaches after all (nothing showing in "My orders")?   Or have Accurascale somehow got it all back to front?

At least I definitely have a TPE set ordered, and a Dapol 68 waiting for them, so looking forward to those.

Pete

Hi Pete,

We put out a marketing email to all subscribers reminding them that we have some rather lovely Class 92s to haul their coaches should they have been successful in purchasing them. I'm afraid it does not confirm that you were successful in ordering Caledonian Sleeper Mark 5s. Sorry!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi. I’m intrigued that a set of TPE Mk5a’s have been sent out today to the above member. I preordered my set in February, 2019, and thought I’d be one of the first to receive the set. I’m hoping all is well with my preorder. I have my order number, etc., if required. Or perhaps, after all this  time I maybe remembering how it happened wrongly. I certainly apologise if I have got anything wrong. 

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Hi. I’m intrigued that a set of TPE Mk5a’s have been sent out today to the above member. I preordered my set in February, 2019, and thought I’d be one of the first to receive the set. I’m hoping all is well with my preorder. I have my order number, etc., if required. Or perhaps, after all this  time I maybe remembering how it happened wrongly. I certainly apologise if I have got anything wrong. 

Best regards,

Rob.

Snap, mine were ordered and paid for on February 22, 2019

• Like 1

• Accurascale staff

To clarify, they are due tomorrow at the warehouse and the will likely take us 24 hours for counting in and checks. None have been sent out yet and we’ll be dispatching as always in order of paid order. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

I have Felix sitting on my rolling road having a test. It’s lights aren’t working as they should, but I think that’s just a matter of adjusting the switches, if I can ever get the body shell off. I’ve also got some purple name plates for him, if I can find where I’ve put the envelope. 

Oooh, purple name plates! Did you repaint the originals or purchase alternatives?  If so please could you advise where you got them from?

Meanwhile, back on topic:  very much looking forward to the TPE sets! The Caledonian sets are just magic and are my best OO rolling stock (apart from my other Accurascale made rolling stock)

Edited by palmsticks
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, palmsticks said:

Oooh, purple name plates! Did you repaint the originals or purchase alternatives?  If so please could you advise where you got them from?

Meanwhile, back on topic:  very much looking forward to the TPE sets! The Caledonian sets are just magic and are my best OO rolling stock (apart from my other Accurascale made rolling stock)

The nameplates are from Railtec. They’re some sort of 3D printed product, not etched. I still haven’t found the envelope so can’t fit them just yet, but they look good in photos. 

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=5118

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, McC said:

To clarify, they are due tomorrow at the warehouse and the will likely take us 24 hours for counting in and checks. None have been sent out yet and we’ll be dispatching as always in order of paid order. 

I thought I'd missed something there if they had been in! 

4 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

The nameplates are from Railtec. They’re some sort of 3D printed product, not etched. I still haven’t found the envelope so can’t fit them just yet, but they look good in photos. 

I have the plates from them for my 92020 and 68034 with the poppy logo. Both excellent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Thank you!

EDIT: They look good!

Edited by palmsticks

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Wow!  I should have bought two and then sold one to pay for both. 😁

Nice to know if you hit hard times they are not worthless,good to see they are valued after all the hard work to get them to fruition,if the market was flooded not worth collecting them,just keep them and the box in good knick.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Nice to know if you hit hard times they are not worthless,good to see they are valued after all the hard work to get them to fruition,if the market was flooded not worth collecting them,just keep them and the box in good knick.

Of course that is just the price that the seller is trying to get for them - doesn't necessarily mean anyone will buy at that price (although on Ebay there is usually somebody prepared to pay silly money)

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

some stupid people out there ....

Its their money and some have more than they need,if you can afford things does not mean there stupid,if they missed out and can afford to sort that issue its up to them.

Theres even TPE sets on and as @McChas informend us no one has them yet.

• Agree 6

Good afternoon everyone, I received my contingent of 8 Caledonian MK5's this afternoon, on opening the box for checks nothing missing or broken on any which is wonderful. However, I cannot get any lights at all to function on any of the coaches, I've tried waving the wand every which way but can't coax anything at all. I know they can't all be dead so it's definitely me at fault but can someone please enlighten me on how to do it properly? Do the coaches have to be on track with power running through (as I haven't done that yet) or like the tail lamps on the hoppers can they just be switched on & off at will anywhere? 

If anyone can provide any tips I'd greatly appreciate it & other than my pathetic wand waving skill these coaches are superb, many thanks team Accurascale for all the hard work you've put into these. 

• Accurascale staff
5 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Good afternoon everyone, I received my contingent of 8 Caledonian MK5's this afternoon, on opening the box for checks nothing missing or broken on any which is wonderful. However, I cannot get any lights at all to function on any of the coaches, I've tried waving the wand every which way but can't coax anything at all. I know they can't all be dead so it's definitely me at fault but can someone please enlighten me on how to do it properly? Do the coaches have to be on track with power running through (as I haven't done that yet) or like the tail lamps on the hoppers can they just be switched on & off at will anywhere? 

If anyone can provide any tips I'd greatly appreciate it & other than my pathetic wand waving skill these coaches are superb, many thanks team Accurascale for all the hard work you've put into these. 

Hi @vanbasher,

Unlike the HYAs, the Mark 5 coaches pick up off track current rather than battery, so need track power to light up. 

If you have any further issues do not hesitate to email us support@accurascale.co.uk

Cheers!

Fran 

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

Nope, that's the price people (daft as they are) are willing to pay for them.  The Seller listed them at the standard Retail Price, as listed on Accurascale's own site, and people have bid them up to £600 for a set of 5 and £430 for 4 coach set !!  So the seller is being perfectly reasonable and it's his good fortune that there are some stupid people out there ....

Depends, stupid people can be clever.

They might pay over the odds, but if subsequent ebay listings follow at a more sane price, they may develop buyers regret and hit that return button… worse they might “find a fault” and return it for free.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Couldnt resist..

1382C563-5A1F-4350-BAEC-0E1E0A74975B.jpeg.b9774118e5b20807ca4e7e90851180c8.jpeg

funny thing is it looks like the colours dont match..

78038BC5-F1C7-449A-BA7E-F189D6CA2B65.jpeg.810b19fe1b3137692a1b6dbbf5e193f9.jpeg

(loving the painted wheels).

yet to the eye, without flash they do, to the eye at the right angles they clearly are.

88DE3372-9690-4202-BA00-FECB8324D124.jpeg.9da8116429f2c7b36160927ebcbd43a2.jpeg

its all about angles, the real-thing is like that too.

1B575C46-E2D5-4F28-B3AE-C5ABD4DC018A.jpeg.1c7ea9376d6b31b80f6e252356d6b261.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 8