Mark 5, By Accurascale

12 hours ago, Benjamin Brady said:

Had I know we would of had to destinations in ourselves I would of just brought 16 lowland sleepers.

I'm intrigued as to why that makes a difference? Lowlanders also need this doing as they have Glasgow or Edinburgh and then Euston to choose from.

• RMweb Premium

Regarding the issue with the coupling pockets breaking off when you try to change the couplings, Accurascale very kindly offered to send replacement parts free of charge.   However rather than risk breaking them again I agreed to send the three affected coaches to their service department where for a small charge they will fit tension locks to the end coaches and a magnetic coupler to the intermediate.   I wasn't intending to buy these coaches until I was gifted a Hornby GBRf class 73 as a retirement gift when I left my part-time bus driving job when I turned 70.   Then I felt a compulsion to buy some stock to run with the 73 but the Fort William pack was already sold out.    I ordered the equivalent four coach pack with the Inverness destinations.   The train will run to neither Inverness or Fort William but to a fictitious branch line terminus near the Scotland/England border.   This morning I fitted the Inverness destinations on the coach which is currently here.  I tried running it with the 73 temporarily fitted with a magnetic coupler but the loco and coach were then too close coupled to negotiate my curves.    The coach runs perfectly when pushed by hand, even in my goods loop where the track is less even, so the complete train should work fine with tension locks on the ends and intermediate magnetic couplers.

52626630925_486b0c1b00_o.jpg

Edited by cessna152towser
grammar!
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Just to add to the topic of the coupling pockets: I found it much easier to use a small pair of pliers to pinch the legs of the magnetic coupler together to release them from the NEM pocket. Kadees now fitted to the end vehicles, and the magnetic couplers on the intermediate cars are working fantastically so far. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I'm intrigued as to why that makes a difference? Lowlanders also need this doing as they have Glasgow or Edinburgh and then Euston to choose from.

Hi, 

I've ended up with 18 mk5s now. I though the sleepers would of been printed with the highland destinations and thus my choice to go with these. 

Had I got the two lowland packs I could of just put London Euston on the side and this could of worked as either the highland or the lowland. 

I'd of had 16 mk5 rather than spening realistically an extra £100 for a lounge and seated car I don't need. 

• Like 1

On 14/01/2023 at 11:54, Watto1990 said:

Just to add to the topic of the coupling pockets: I found it much easier to use a small pair of pliers to pinch the legs of the magnetic coupler together to release them from the NEM pocket. Kadees now fitted to the end vehicles, and the magnetic couplers on the intermediate cars are working fantastically so far. 

Agreed, I find pinching with a pair of tweezers helps easy removal. 

I had a couple of separations on my 8 (2X4) mk5s but settled down now. 

Interestingly, I use Hunt Elite couplings on all my stock-was very presently surprised when I found the supplied Accurascale magnetic couplings are exactly the right hight and firmly mate with Hunt Elite! 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

My own Low lander packs to Edinburgh just arrived. Incredibly impressed with how they are. On Par if not better then the Trix IC2 and IC Coaches.

The packaging is great and shall be testing lighting etc on them when it's a bit more darker to.

Got the email(s) I'd been waiting for this morning about extra stock becoming available so I've snatched Lowlander packs 1 & 2 (Edinburgh portion). Very impressed with the email when in stock option on the Accurascale website & cannot wait to receive my 8 :) 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
3 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Got the email(s) I'd been waiting for this morning about extra stock becoming available so I've snatched Lowlander packs 1 & 2 (Edinburgh portion). Very impressed with the email when in stock option on the Accurascale website & cannot wait to receive my 8 :) 

Great to hear. All the sleepers since sold out! (we didnt have a huge amount left, and they flew)

Roll on the TPEs landing later this week!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8

I managed to grab one of the few Aberdeen packs when they became available again, very excited to see them land on the doorstep later this week. Roll on the TPE packs, at least I had my act together and pre-ordered those ages ago.

Very impressed with the notifications and stock counts on the Accurascale website. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AndyMac7 said:

I managed to grab one of the few Aberdeen packs when they became available again, very excited to see them land on the doorstep later this week. Roll on the TPE packs, at least I had my act together and pre-ordered those ages ago.

Very impressed with the notifications and stock counts on the Accurascale website. 

I didn't get the email but I used the Shop app which sends you a notification when your watched item is in stock. Looks like they were in stock for less than 5 mins!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, scumcat said:

Unfortunately my mk5s and by 92 will be ships that pass in the post. My mk5s are being dispatched and my 92 is on its way back. I am distraught 

Happens on the real services too, so not wholly unrealistic.

😀

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Legend said:

Brutus is warmed up and awaiting TPE mk5s 

I have Felix sitting on my rolling road having a test. It’s lights aren’t working as they should, but I think that’s just a matter of adjusting the switches, if I can ever get the body shell off. I’ve also got some purple name plates for him, if I can find where I’ve put the envelope. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

I have Felix sitting on my rolling road having a test. It’s lights aren’t working as they should, but I think that’s just a matter of adjusting the switches, if I can ever get the body shell off. I’ve also got some purple name plates for him, if I can find where I’ve put the envelope. 

Ive got my shades warmed up as the boxes look psychedelic..........might have to get my welding visor from the garage.

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Ive got my shades warmed up as the boxes look psychedelic..........might have to get my welding visor from the garage.

I know I'm sad but quite looking forward to the unboxing !  Having good presentation is important . My only issue is that the loft is approximating Ice Station Zebra at the moment !

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Legend said:

I know I'm sad but quite looking forward to the unboxing !  Having good presentation is important . My only issue is that the loft is approximating Ice Station Zebra at the moment !

With or without the submarine? If with, photos please!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Legend said:

I’m warm, safe in the knowledge all those boxes are insulating the roof.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3