The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Well, I never...

Ray Von

Never:

Texted

Smoked (Same reasons as above}

Been onTwatter

Been on Faceache

Ridden a unicycle (Although I do like the idea...)

Worn a (proper) white shirt

Been arrested (And I intend to keep it that way as far as possible)

steve

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Never had a pint of beer (of any form), but that doesn't mean I'm teetotal.

And I have no desire to try beer either.

However - a couple of things that I've never done are on my bucket list.

Never parachuted

Never bungee-ed

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Never drunk tea.Never really smoked - tried one 45 years ago....Never seen game of wotsitNever jumped out of a serviceable aircraftNever been divorcedNever been to jail (put some people in there though)Done loads of dodgy things though.

Sorry can't post properly since the 'upgrade', returns don't come out in the post!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I've never been ice skating....probably just as well given my record.   :banghead:

I tried it once - I couldn't quite understand why people like something which seems to involve repeatedly falling over and landing on a hard surface.

I went to KFC once - that was more than enough to stop me going again.

• Like 4

As we are all individuals, all the above applies.  We all like something different from each other but when we find common ground we communicate with each other.  Sites like this aid us in communicating further afield to air our likes and dislikes but the trouble is if taken to extreme, we can end up by insulting, hurting or at least annoying somebody irrespective of forum rules.  Politics is out but other subjects can be deceptive; also living on the left side of the pond, most are gun nuts over here and I particularly dislike guns in any shape or form while most of our neighbours have them, so the subject doesn't arise, indeed one is a policeman!  Nobody has any trains though, except me! :no:

Brian.

not yet seen the scotsman running or even in steam, Tornado too. every time theyve passed by on railtours, i didnt know about it

ive not been to over 90% of the preserved railways and museums in the uk

never been on a plane or ship

not built a brass kit or ever bought new RTR

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Never done any ballsting or scenic work... I’ll get around to it!

Never seen any Star Wars, Lord of the rings, Indiana Jones, Rocky, Rambo or most film franchises!

Never held any sort of gun beyond a water pistol.

I did go for my first KFC last year as a friend was so shocked that I’d never had one. It was ok.

I find it worrying some people out “never been arrested/to jail”, surely that’s not a common activity?!

• Like 1

With you on The Lord of the Rings point there, can't seem to take to elves, wizards, pixies and all that malarkey! With reference to the KFC thing, my two friends both have the same reason for never trying it:

"It's all bones!"

I explained that wasn't the case anymore, but like a lot of food dislikes - once you decide you don't like something, the resistance to try it persists! Personally, a KFC bucket (with bones) is one of my all time favourite things!

Back on topic:

Never had an Eccles Cake. (What's that stuff in the middle?!)

:-)

• RMweb Gold

With you on The Lord of the Rings point there, can't seem to take to elves, wizards, pixies and all that malarkey! With reference to the KFC thing, my two friends both have the same reason for never trying it:

"It's all bones!"

I explained that wasn't the case anymore, but like a lot of food dislikes - once you decide you don't like something, the resistance to try it persists! Personally, a KFC bucket (with bones) is one of my all time favourite things!

Back on topic:

Never had an Eccles Cake. (What's that stuff in the middle?!)

:-)

My sister called them Dead Fly Pies

• RMweb Premium

Never finished a layout.

Never been to Slough.

Never drank tea(seriously 57 year old ex train driver!).

Never driven a Robin Reliant.

Never eaton sushi.

I concur with 4/5 above...……...

• RMweb Gold

My sister called them Dead Fly Pies

Garibaldi biscuits were referred to in our household as "Flies' Cemetery Biscuits".

I really like Eccles Cakes but they are not suitable for diabetics.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell

• RMweb Gold

Slough- Lived and worked half my life there...

Not in a hurry to go back.

steve

Other than passing through on the train occasionally the only time I ever went to Slough was stopping off there to bunk the shed the early hours of a Sunday morning c1963. Fortunately the weather was so bad it completely obliterated any chance of seeing the town.

• RMweb Premium

I find it worrying some people out “never been arrested/to jail”, surely that’s not a common activity?!

Reminds me of a Chris Rock sketch (later paraphrased by Obama (although I would have loved him to have quoted directly!)):-

"I've never been to jail"

"Well, what do you want? A cookie?!!"

I cannot think of anything 'mainstream' I haven't done - I haven't seen Game of Thrones, but that is because I am still waiting to start from the beginning.

I haven't listened to a Take That, Oasis or Spice Girls album (no desire to either), which is suppose is slightly unusual for someone my age...

I haven't ever been in a sports car.

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus

• RMweb Gold
Never :

..been to the moon
..won any money
..been arrested

Realistically, i think i am only going to manage one of them.
I wonder which one it will be! :scratchhead:

Kev

• RMweb Premium

Never :

..been to the moon

..won any money

..been arrested

Realistically, i think i am only going to manage one of them.

I wonder which one it will be! :scratchhead:

Kev

Maybe 2?

Steal a lottery ticket...............