The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2019

MarkC

3 minutes ago, Mike Storey said:

ROKiT? Let's hope it goes like one this season!!

Wasn't sure whether to give you an AGREE or a FUNNY for that Mike, haha:lol:

Edited by Andrew P
speelin miss take
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Hobby said:

So are lots of others that are on that search I mentioned... The font's different as well...

The only people that make money from that sort of action are the (overpaid) lawyers! ;)

Got any examples? Genuinely interested, I realise artwork will never be  unique, but for me (and maybe it’s because I knew the Whyte logo), I immediately just thought “eh, that’s the Whyte logo”, and haven’t seen any others similar. 

Whether its intentional, or there’s any detriment to either brand is something else given they’re in different industries. 

Do a Google Image search and you'll see plenty of stag heads being used as logos many of which are very similar (though different to those two)... Stags heads are a common logo it seems! I didn't word it particularly well in my OP, though, I was saying that there are plenty of other stags head logos that are very similar to each other and no-one else seems to be getting upset...

Personally I wouldn't have known the "whyte" logo at all, though I suppose anyone who was "into" cycles would  know it... Storm in a teacup and the only winner are the lawyers... We'll just have to wait and see...

• RMweb Premium

Yes, not much difference!

I think it's good Williams and Renault are pushing on with development rather than meeting media commitments, hopefully means more progress being made, they're both talking a good game!

• Agree 5

I am quite looking forward to this season, despite the lack of live races available. The new regs seem to have challenges and opportunities I do not recall being discussed in such terms before with previous changes, since the intro of the hybrid engines. I just hope this translates into closer races.

As for missing the filming sessions, far better they get the cars right for testing. Only the sponsors will be a bit miffed.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

When I saw William Storey being interviewed by Peter Windsor last year around the time of the failed takeover of Force India, I thought they were some shonky startup utility company. NowI know they're a shonky soft drinks company . :jester:

23 hours ago, Andrew P said:

WOW, This McLaren is my favourite livery so far, in fact my old Helmet and Vest colours in my last couple of years doing Moto Cross.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/25994077/mclaren-launches-first-car-post-fernando-alonso-era

I like the look of this years McLaren.

I found the comments about not setting any performance targets this year (i.e. we will be challenging for podiums ... etc.) quite telling, perhaps Mr Brown has finally started to taste some humble pie! If he has it cant be bad, the first step to fixing a problem is to acknowledge it exists, so hopefully the team can finally start to claw themselves back to form

• Agree 1