The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2019

MarkC

29 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hartley joins Ferrari, good move.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47118100

Makes sense .You need consistancy for testing ,in cars and simulators.A Jordan teccy  bemoaned to me ,in a rare comment  ,after I had said  what a a certain driver  was about something  else, that he never did the same line through corners  twice so was useless for testing .He only did one year .I later checked it out  photographically at Abbey and yup he was right .

Edited by friscopete
  • Informative/Useful 1

[Historical reverie] I well recall the total amazement at the results when Sir Jackie Stewart was put to the test, many years after retirement from competitive motor sport, and he could not only consistently quickly find the fastest path through a corner; but was then repeating this path within a  track only 50mm wider than the width over the car's wheels. [/Historical reverie]

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

[Historical reverie] I well recall the total amazement at the results when Sir Jackie Stewart was put to the test, many years after retirement from competitive motor sport, and he could not only consistently quickly find the fastest path through a corner; but was then repeating this path within a  track only 50mm wider than the width over the car's wheels. [/Historical reverie]

Form is temporary, class is permanent

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

I can't see the Ferrari badges.

The black horse is still there - just that it's on a black background instead of yellow, to save confusion (so I'm led to believe, but then I'm sometimes easily led)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

I didn't read that into the article, but getting the funding needed to move up the grid may require some new ownership shares.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

I didn't read that into the article, but getting the funding needed to move up the grid may require some new ownership shares.  

That was  my thoughts exactly, but you don't get the funding by languishing in last place week after week. I think once they show some results, then they might be saved, but it's a big hill to climb from where they finished last year.

F1 is bloomin expensive, and with all the passion Frank and Claire might have, they do not have the biggest of pockets to keep propping up the wage and travelling expenses, let alone development. 

I do hope they make it, even getting off the bottom would be a start, but who could be worse than them, certainly not Racing Point going by last years results, or Hass and Alfa Romeo, with the Ferrari Power units, possibly Renault if they get it badly wrong, or the Honda powered Cars if they go backwards, so they do have a dilemma, interesting times ahead by the looks of it.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

The Rich Energy thing is very odd, aside from the logo similarity (which is uncanny), who’s ever heard of Rich Energy?! They’re a UK brand allegedly, but I’ve never ever seen or heard of their products. 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, njee20 said:

The Rich Energy thing is very odd, aside from the logo similarity (which is uncanny), who’s ever heard of Rich Energy?! They’re a UK brand allegedly, but I’ve never ever seen or heard of their products.

They wanted to buy Force India last summer, but Daddy Stroll got in first.

I haven't heard of them either, but I do like that guys beard, he should be in ZZ Top.:D

• Informative/Useful 1

So any firm who uses a stylised image of a stag's head could infringe their logo.. The two are different, end of. If you do a google image search of stag's head logos you'll see lots of very similar ones from different companies... I don't see any of them suing each other!

22 minutes ago, Hobby said:

So any firm who uses a stylised image of a stag's head could infringe their logo.. The two are different, end of. If you do a google image search of stag's head logos you'll see lots of very similar ones from different companies... I don't see any of them suing each other!

Highland Rail?:)

• RMweb Premium

C'mon, they're very, very, very similar!

whyterich.jpg

I'd go the other way, as suggest can you violate IP if you make the most minuscule change possible? That's basically what the Chinese do with various car designs, and claim they're not copies.

What is odd is that Jon Whyte (from the eponymous Whyte Bikes) was a suspension designer for Benetton F1 in a past life.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2