The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2019

MarkC

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Apparently Rich Energy have terminated their sponsorship of Haas citing the poor performance in Austria, makes me wonder if they were after an excuse after the recent logo litigation.

Very "convenient" for them. Be interesting to read some more background on that on some of the F1 forums where people seem to have a handle on the cut of the jib of RE.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The whole thing is really weird. There was a really long piece about the guy on another forum I saw, I’ll try and find it...

The way the Whyte Bikes saga unfolded was amazing, Rich Energy’s PR was nothing short of insane. They ended up with a court order to pay Whyte Bikes all the profits from drinks sold with the stag logo, and to turn over all remaining products featuring the logo, or destroy them. 

Edit: here. Rich Energy is a bizarre entity, at best. 

Edited by njee20
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, njee20 said:

Rich Energy investors are trying to save the sponsorship deal, saying their CEO acted alone in dumping Haas. Presumably thinking that doing so would absolve him of having to share some money with Whyte Bikes.

Wot a hoot! But, sadly, such a half-baked sponsor, whatever the colour of their money, does Haas no credibility favours, either. 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Wot a hoot! But, sadly, such a half-baked sponsor, whatever the colour of their money, does Haas no credibility favours, either. 

Neither do their drivers, both are brainless. :jester:

Edited by 81C
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, njee20 said:

Rich Energy investors are trying to save the sponsorship deal, saying their CEO acted alone in dumping Haas. Presumably thinking that doing so would absolve him of having to share some money with Whyte Bikes.

Up until reading that story, I was under the impression he was a one man band. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Further to that they’ve now said they’re looking to “remove the individual involved” so Storey May be out of his own company. Agreed Haas can’t be best pleased with all of this. Or is it a case of all publicity is good publicity?! 

• Like 1

Monsieur Grosjean, you are a silly plonker!

Just keep it on the island son, your team needs some responsible driving and not another dose of dimwitted Gallic pique!

I do wonder if young Gasly has the "hairdryer" treatment as well, far better this morning...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Who will replace Grosjean after the summer break?

Someone who can at least avoid bending the bloody thing would be a great start!

• Like 2
  • Agree 5