The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Premium

I've been listening to the album "Kitchen" by The Great Park.  Not really too sure what to make of it but, taking advantage of the fact that all The Great Park's catalogue is free for a limited time at http://thegreatpark.bandcamp.com/ I've also downloaded the earlier album "We Could Have we should have we didn't" .  The title track:

DT

Edited by Torper

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Dalinetopia by Edgar Froese.

In honour of the founder of Tangerine Dream's passing this week. :cry:

I've been listening to a lot of Tangerine Dream and solo work too after hearing of the sad news about Edgar Froese. I can't say that anything they did after Chris Franke left in 1987 was of interest, but the experimentation and emotion of their their work in the 15 years prior to that was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Genesis - Trick of The Tail

The first album of theirs I heard as a kid in 1978. Loaned by my neighbour as part of my musical education. It came with Bat Out of Hell, Born to Run, sunburst Finish, Agents of Fortune and AWB.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase. Listened to it throughout my drive up the M5 last night. A truly great album, normally his works take a few listens to grab - this one is instant. Thoroughly recommended.

Neil

• Like 1

Steve Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase. This one's going to take a few listens to really get in to, I think.

Spock's Beard - Octane

The Reasoning - Awakening & Dark Angel. Their first two (and best two) albums. Sadly the band have just announced they're calling it a day.  I wrote a few words on mby blog about them:

http://www.kalyr.com/weblog/music/music-opinion/farewell-to-the-reasoning/