The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

Really loving the "Sound City" soundtrack album recently - particularly this song

Pretty great collection of musicians and some great songs. Not often you get an album with Stevie Nicks and members of Rage Against the Machine on it......

Edited by clarkea1

Chelsea FC ....Blue is the Colour

Funny you should write that, Clive. I had an "earworm" going through my head yesterday. It was: "Good Old Arsenal" by Arsenal FC c. 1972, Charlie George et al?

Even being an Arsenal Fan I feel that "Blue is the Colour" ever so slightly better................

Otherwise listening to: "Sailing to Philadelphia" - Mark Knopfler, yesterday. First time I'd listened to it in yonks.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

Funny you should write that, Clive. I had an "earworm" going through my head yesterday. It was: "Good Old Arsenal" by Arsenal FC c. 1972, Charlie George et al?

Even being an Arsenal Fan I feel that "Blue is the Colour" ever so slightly better................

Best, Pete.

Even odder, I heard on the radio the other day, "Back Home" The England World-Cup song from 1970.

• RMweb Gold

Otherwise listening to: "Sailing to Philadelphia" - Mark Knopfler, yesterday. First time I'd listened to it in yonks.

Best, Pete.

One of his best songs, but one line bugs me, Dixon, like Knopfler, was not a Geordie, he was from Cockfield near Bishop Auckland although his mother was from Newcastle.

Ragpickers Dream is his best album to date and may just have to dig it out tonight...

• RMweb Premium

Having read some of the above (1362/3) I did a quick search and managed to find the old vinyl 7".

"We Have a Dream" - John Gordon Sinclair and the 1982 Scotland World Cup Squad.  Still probably the best world cup song ever.

DT

One of his best songs, but one line bugs me, Dixon, like Knopfler, was not a Geordie, he was from Cockfield near Bishop Auckland although his mother was from Newcastle.

Ragpickers Dream is his best album to date and may just have to dig it out tonight...

Mark was born in Glasgow, I believe?

I think my favourite solo album of his was "Shangri La" - I really like the song "5:15am".

Too many "Hey Nonny No" crap on his more recent stuff.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mark was born in Glasgow, I believe?

I think my favourite solo album of his was "Shangri La" - I really like the song "5:15am".

Too many "Hey Nonny No" crap on his more recent stuff.

Best, Pete.

I was thinking last night that 5:15am is up there with the best, could be the basis for a real gritty film...

Went to see OMD in Oxford Monday night, the old boys still have it, cracking night. Can't stop listening to this now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktPgc5A8RJo

Nice one. Funnily enough, i've had a rather eclectic mixture of OMD, The Killers and Ben Howard going all week. Mind you, with the week highs and lows of career assessments and results i've had the choice of tracks has somewhat varied between days.

Dresden.

Miss Atomic Bomb.

The Wolves.

Edited by surfsup

Trailer for Luna Rossa - Sleeping Pills and Lullabies. Right, time to pre-order the album!

Having heard the whole album (My review is one of those on the band's website), you're in for a treat. Shipping this week, I'm told.

• Like 1