The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

I've recently been giving a couple of albums by Brian Kennedy a listen, one of which is entitled 'A better man'. This man has a fantastic, sweet voice, & the music is pleasant & listenable, with vague folky leanings. Highly recommended for 'chilling out'....

• RMweb Gold

If you have any taste in musical ladies - i.e. those whose talents extend beyond their good looks - this one ought to be on your list, at least if you like the jazzier end of the spectrum.

Eliane (note spelling) Elias - Brazilian, formerly married to Randy Brecker, more recently Marc Johnson. Oh, and she also sings rather well, too, but not on this one.

Benjamin Britten's War Requiem. He was born 99 1/2 years ago and made an enormous impact on English classical music. He wrote the War Requiem to commemorate the consecration of the new Coventry Cathedral in 1962. Some of my friends will be going to Dresden in June to sing a performance of the War Requiem in Dresden - I suspect they will find it very, very moving and I wish I could be involved..

As an unashamed opportunity for some self promotion - you can hear some more Britten at

If you like this, please feel free to pass it on to as many friends as you think would also like to hear it.

PGC

PS - On the track above, I'm  the one at the front waving his arms, so you won't hear me!

Edited by PGC

• RMweb Premium

The Band from rockhall   just got it today so guess I'll be painting to that tonight!!

Excellent - best "Runrig" album for years.  (Actually, only Runrig album for years, but you know what I mean).  Were it not for the fact that i know differently, I'd swear that Hank Marvin was in there somewhere!

DT

• Like 1

On a recent long-haul flight, I listened again to a few lovely old albums:

Dusty in Memphis - Dusty Springfield

Hotel California - Eagles

Meddle - Pink Floyd

Kind of Blue - Miles Davis Quintet

From the New World - Dvorzak

Much of my music collection is still on vinyl and some is even on cassette!
The result is, I don't often play much of that old stuff

With this in mind, I recently bought Slade "Wall of Hits" on CD
I had almost forgotten just how good they were :)

Edited by marc smith
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Funny, that..

I've been singing this to myself all day...