ECoS Mobile Control II

geoffa

I have an ECoS Mobile Controller II which loses it charge when I turn it off and do not use it for a week or so. I have spoken to South West Digital and they have told me to turn off the WIFI when I shut down the controller. I have tried this but it has not solved the problem. Does anyone have any other ideas.

Geoffa

• RMweb Gold

Connect a wireless router to ECoS and use Iphones with throttle apps instead?

Works well for us - wont pay the silly prices for ECoS mobiles, did once and got caught with issues like this

Phil

Connect a wireless router to ECoS and use Iphones with throttle apps instead?

Works well for us - wont pay the silly prices for ECoS mobiles, did once and got caught with issues like this

Phil

would have been useful advice if the OP didn't already own one ;)

Edited by WIMorrison

I recognise the comments about glass throttles and as a person using both glass throttles and a Wi-Fi Multimaus I can see the attraction of the ECoS device, plus as the OP already owns one surely the suggestions should be how to make it work for him rather that suggesting he changes?

I have an ECoS Mobile Controller II which loses it charge when I turn it off and do not use it for a week or so. I have spoken to South West Digital and they have told me to turn off the WIFI when I shut down the controller. I have tried this but it has not solved the problem. Does anyone have any other ideas.

Geoffa

Try taking the battery out for the week if it's easy to do, then you'll know if the battery's losing charge itself or if something's flattening it.

This has been discussed on the ESU users forum quite a lot, and many MC2 users seem to have the problem. I don't think anyone has identified the reason. There is a theory that the Android system keeps trying to "phone home", and that is what runs down the battery, but it's not been proved nor disproved, as far as I can recall. The only solution that seemed to work for one user was replacing the battery.

Have a look at the past posts on ESU users forum.

• RMweb Gold

would have been useful advice if the OP didn't already own one ;)

Purpose of my post was to give OP a solution to what he is trying to achieve with minimum hassle!

In my experience the expensive solutions peddled by the equipment manufacturers are fraught with these issues and having been through this very same loop myself with an earlier version and moved on surely it is worth sharing the experience?

Phil

This has been discussed on the ESU users forum quite a lot, and many MC2 users seem to have the problem. I don't think anyone has identified the reason. There is a theory that the Android system keeps trying to "phone home", and that is what runs down the battery, but it's not been proved nor disproved, as far as I can recall. The only solution that seemed to work for one user was replacing the battery.

Have a look at the past posts on ESU users forum.

Best solution is ESU do a software update to not try to "Phone home" in sleep mode was my first thought...

Edited by 40034_Nick

Best solution is ESU do a software update to not try to "Phone home" in sleep mode was my first thought...

I didn't say that was the actual cause, omly the suspected cause.

It was thought to be a "feature" of the Android OS itself as there is no reason for the MC2 app to "phone home" as all app updates are via a PC program delivering the update over a USB connection to the MC2. The app is supposed to be on the Play Store but I don't think it automatically checks for updates as if the owner is using the ESU Wi-Fi sccess point, there won't be any access to the internet for the MC2 to use.

The Piko SmartControl also uses the MC2 handset, but I can't remember seeing any posts on here from SmartControl users with the same problem. So it might be specific to ESU, or perhaps Piko owners keep their SmartControl MC2 handsets on charge when not in use as if they go flat they can't operate their layout.

Edited by GoingUnderground