Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

With all these nice 37s, 66s and soon 60s from Accurascale, my wallet will be quite happy for any further delay on the deltic!

I've got the sound fitted RSG/Virgin trains deltic on pre order and really looking forward to it.

Luckily many retailers have recently been selling off Bachmann mk2f's in Virgin livery at around half price, so I decided to get myself a full rake for RSG to haul. Did it ever make it up to Scotland during the Virgin hire in? I may need to revert to rule 1!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Am I right in thinking that these have a welcome touch of a little more satin into the paint finish than the first batch (and the 37)

I think it's the same but under v. good lighting.

1 hour ago, scottrains29 said:

With all these nice 37s, 66s and soon 60s from Accurascale, my wallet will be quite happy for any further delay on the deltic!

I've got the sound fitted RSG/Virgin trains deltic on pre order and really looking forward to it.

Luckily many retailers have recently been selling off Bachmann mk2f's in Virgin livery at around half price, so I decided to get myself a full rake for RSG to haul. Did it ever make it up to Scotland during the Virgin hire in? I may need to revert to rule 1!

Yes it did on quite a few occasions.. Edinburgh and Glasgow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiddles47 said:

Yes it did on quite a few occasions.. Edinburgh and Glasgow. 

Great, thanks.

I'm not surprised. Looking through Flickr it appears Virgin hired in almost every type of diesel at some point, from 20s, 31s, 33s to big freight type 5s; 56s, 58s and even 60s!  Far more interesting than the current voyagers!

It's certainly a great period to model.

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, scottrains29 said:

Great, thanks.

I'm not surprised. Looking through Flickr it appears Virgin hired in almost every type of diesel at some point, from 20s, 31s, 33s to big freight type 5s; 56s, 58s and even 60s!  Far more interesting than the current voyagers!

It's certainly a great period to model.

Thanks to the cranks in Control, even a pair of 73’s off the juice made it onto a Virgin XC service. I believe they eventually boiled over and had to be replaced! 

I concur it is a wonderful period to model. Many happy memories of that era. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1