Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, amwells said:

having missed out last time there was extra stock (and the special mk2s), will you be giving any advance warning?  I worry there will be many more signing up now than have been signed up for a long time waiting in hope!

I think they already said no, first come first serve.

on balance thats the best way to do it.

I would just ask consider time of day, some us have day jobs away from the forum / email and thus had no chance.

• Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
12 hours ago, amwells said:

having missed out last time there was extra stock (and the special mk2s), will you be giving any advance warning?  I worry there will be many more signing up now than have been signed up for a long time waiting in hope!

The system has a list of emails in order of submission. If we put 5 models online. It emails the first 5 emails. If there are still 5 models available 60 minutes later, it emails the next 5 and so on. It’s fully automated and very fair. 

and if it helps it won’t happen for at least a week or so once we have all preorders out and given those incomplete orders the ‘last second’ chance to settle the balance. 

Edited by McC
edited to clarify after checking, the system allows 1 hour per batch of sales.
  • Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, bazil31 said:

Hopefully Ill get an email this week for 18 as I'm off work.

Back to work Monday and don't get home till 6pm😒

18?  Why'd you not get all 22?

• Like 3
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, bazil31 said:

House isn't big enough to store all 22 unless I threw children and wife out and sold furniture might get them in with a squeeze then I suppose.

I mean, do you really need a wife a children? 

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, nightstar.train said:

I mean, do you really need a wife a children? 

Wives and children were signature elements throughout the Deltics' service life (though liveries changed a bit) so if you want to represent the overall scene then yes, you probably do.  Unless of course you're portraying the pre-withdrawal specials, in which case single blokes are fine.

• Funny 8

Well you do have a point but will defo keep the wife she can keep me in check with my spending.

Just waiting for last child to leave so that I can have a layout in the bedroom.

Fed up of staring at boxes of stock with no where to run them. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

At 6:00pm on Thursday August 9th, 2018, following an announcement on here and having bought some IRM models, I attended a presentation by Fran at The Model Railway Club in London (of which I'm not a member) to introduce IRM/Accurascale to the UK market.

Three or four of the attendees were RM Web members (adb968008 was one of them), the rest of the attendees were MRC club members. I thought the atmosphere at the meeting was rather chilly and got the feeling that IRM/Accurascale would be facing quite a task to break into the UK market.

The presentation ended with a video outlining the aims of IRM/Accurascale and details of the first models to be introduced to the UK market. In the closing seconds of the video a Deltic suddenly appeared on the screen but Fran did not pass any comments........ 

....... and then three months later on November 21st, 2018 Accurascale announced the launch of the Cl.55 Deltic at the Warley exhibition.

On Wednesday November 24th, 2018  I ordered my Deltic having in the meantime already ordered the HUO, PCV and PCA wagons. Think I was already hooked on Accurascale!!

Keith

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 2

24 minutes ago, tetsudofan said:

At 6:00pm on Thursday August 9th, 2018, following an announcement on here and having bought some IRM models, I attended a presentation by Fran at The Model Railway Club in London (of which I'm not a member) to introduce IRM/Accurascale to the UK market.

Three or four of the attendees were RM Web members (adb968008 was one of them), the rest of the attendees were MRC club members. I thought the atmosphere at the meeting was rather chilly and got the feeling that IRM/Accurascale would be facing quite a task to break into the UK market.

The presentation ended with a video outlining the aims of IRM/Accurascale and details of the first models to be introduced to the UK market. In the closing seconds of the video a Deltic suddenly appeared on the screen but Fran did not pass any comments........ 

....... and then three months later on November 21st, 2018 Accurascale announced the launch of the Cl.55 Deltic at the Warley exhibition.

On Wednesday November 24th, 2018  I ordered my Deltic having in the meantime already ordered the HUO, PCV and PCA wagons. Think I was already hooked on Accurascale!!

Keith

Wow thats impressive! And i thought I was early to the party in 2019!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, tetsudofan said:

Keith

You forgot to mention Fran bought a round too !

That bought my loyalty that did, I hung onto it as a secret until Warley.. I do recall Fran trying to cover up that Deltic image by showing an image of the CIE A class in black…. 

😀

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, tetsudofan said:

Keith

Hi Keith,

Yes, that was a bit of a tough audience. 🤣 But it was a good evening. One of the comments that stuck with me that evening was "it's a very crowded market, you will make a lot of noise to be heard" I wanted to reply with "well, nothing much makes more noise than a Deltic" but kept my counsel. 

I think we've managed to be heard since then at least. @Islesy has been back since and he got a better turn out. I guess the noise has been loud since then (and he's better looking, in fairness!) 

Halcyon days!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, McC said:

The system has a list of emails in order of submission. If we put 5 models online. It emails the first 5 emails. If there are still 5 models available 60 minutes later, it emails the next 5 and so on. It’s fully automated and very fair. 

and if it helps it won’t happen for at least a week or so once we have all preorders out and given those incomplete orders the ‘last second’ chance to settle the balance. 

So after an hour are the people who've been contacted then eliminated, or can they still reply as long as they're in the first 5 to do so?

• Accurascale staff
28 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

So after an hour are the people who've been contacted then eliminated, or can they still reply as long as they're in the first 5 to do so?

the system will email Every hour there are items left for sale. Anyone can buy one in the mean time. Hth. 

• RMweb Premium

I think just by actually caring about the correctness and quality of the models being designed, the Accurascale team have been able to let us do the 'loud' for them... 🙂

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

One of the comments that stuck with me that evening was "it's a very crowded market, you will make a lot of noise to be heard"

In a crowded market (especially a market where the produce has become a bit stale) a seller with a top quality product at a good value price will always find room without having to shout, I’ll mention no names either way, absolutely no need to. 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Call with rails, as cards have changed since deposit was taken. Now money has been taken. Very much looking forward to the deltics arriving in due course. As mentioned the transparency associated with this project has been class leading and should be applauded. Hopefully the hard work has paid off and very soon the sounds of 00 scale deltics wirring along will be prevalent on many a layout. Looking forward to more of your projects! Cheers. 

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

58 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I always thought it more stereo vroooooooooooooom in noise,they will be great though im sure.

I'm already enjoying quite a bit of vroooooooom ... two Lima Deltics (plenty of room inside) that I have are stuffed with two EM2 speakers in one and an EM3 in the other, both with Bif's sound file. As brill as these are, I expect next week's arrivals will be better.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I always thought it more stereo vroooooooooooooom in noise,they will be great though im sure.

Stereo? I'm expecting full on immersive surround sound, turned up to 11!

image.png.a4d9744243e5f82f0fa898e7ed906587.png

• Funny 6

Is it a crowded market though? from a Deltic perspective there was the Lima model which was one of their early models and isn't particularly great, the Bachmann model is much better of course but as others have pointed out it isn't perfect so there is probably room for another.

In terms of the modern image in general seems to be a lack of Blue/Grey Mk2's and particularly Blue/Grey MK2 air cons. Still more room for additional 1st Gen DMU types or at least make new batches of existing types in 70's Rail Blue  which seem somewhat thin on the ground. 

At least things have improved a lot from the days of a Hornby 37 with class 47 bogies.

The one thing I find highly irritating is the way you have to take some models apart to fit a decoder in particular the Bachmann class 101 I find a real pain. So if the decoder can be fitted in the Accurascale Deltic with much less agro that will be a massive improvement in my eyes.  

Edited by 40002
  • Like 5