Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• Accurascale staff
2 hours ago, RozM said:

As its Mid May now, I reckon allowing for what time is left on the high seas, queuing at docks, customs, travel to A/S HQ, sorting and dispatchng to customers etc etc, realistically i think the first boxes will land on customers doorsteps early June...

Fran/Stephen - Do the Railsofsheffields/Locomotion/DPS exclusive models go directly to them or do they all come via A/S HQ for sorting? 

Everything will head to our (new) depot outside Birmingham and be checked and shipped from there. Not long now!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, McC said:

Everything will head to our (new) depot outside Birmingham and be checked and shipped from there. Not long now!

That being the case,mine won’t have far to travel .A relief after their long intercontinental journey.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

That being the case,mine won’t have far to travel .A relief after their long intercontinental journey.

It’s also an indication that Accurascale are no longer new kids on the block,prepared to invest in new infrastructure to move a vibrant and obviously thriving venture forward. A tonic to the many friends made in just 4 years since the day some Irish guys surfaced at Rails selling wagons and we asked…who on earth ?  It’s also a wake up call to the competition….should they actually need one by now.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

It’s also an indication that Accurascale are no longer new kids on the block,prepared to invest in new infrastructure to move a vibrant and obviously thriving venture forward.   

1 hour ago, McC said:

Who’s to say their new warehouse isn’t a mate’s lock-up with space to load a delivery van… But seriously, everything I’ve bought from AS so far has arrived quickly even here in Portugal so whatever their delivery arrangements are, they work and that’s what matters.

• Agree 1

On 11/05/2022 at 21:40, amwells said:

I appreciate that this is a long shot, and it may not even be allowed, if so please feel free to delete, but I missed out on the purple one and so if anyone has changed their mind and wants to sell theirs when it comes, then I’d love to hear from you!

There may well be some cancelled orders coming up. I ordered a DCC  ready purple version and managed to get it swapped for a DCC sound version last week. Use the email alert on the order page or drop Accurascale an email. Good luck

• Friendly/supportive 2

• Accurascale staff
6 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Who’s to say their new warehouse isn’t a mate’s lock-up with space to load a delivery van…

Heh. No big secret, we’ve moved in below, right beside major national wide distribution depots for the largest couriers. We’re hoping to offer in time, a same day model delivery option as a result ;) for when you’ve just absolutely got to have your locomotive that day!

Mucklow Park Tyseley
Innovation Drive,
Birmingham,
United Kingdom
B11 3RE

• Like 10
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

But seriously, everything I’ve bought from AS so far has arrived quickly even here in Portugal so whatever their delivery arrangements are, they work and that’s what matters.

Meanwhile, in your third world backward neighbouring country!

No fault of Accurascale whatsoever, other than being seduced in the first place!

Mike.

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Close to distribution centres, not to mention "Vintage trains" nearby to visit at lunchtime!  😀

Screenshot_20220515-102144_Maps.jpg.22ef27791c6fc699c417179a23adbd2d.jpg

So the next steam train is a Castle or a Duchess by there inventory,just keep an eye out for Patrick with a beared on and his rule out.......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So then,”getting there”…..to a built up redeveloped part of SE Birmingham . If driving,satnav essential (I don’t have..must get.)  Motorway access from M6 ,nearest junction is Spaghetti Junction then Aston Expressway onto ring road eastward connecting with A 45 Coventry Road to Tyseley area.From M42 north or south (avoiding M6) exit NEC …….beloved of Warley Show ….onto A45 in opposite direction. M42 North the two earlier exits will also be available to get you there…..particularly useful if using the M40 and M5 . 

Or….use the train from Snow Hill to Tyseley and get a taxi….or walk if fit.

Or…..fly to Birmingham Airport airport and get a taxi. Reasonably but not that close.

31 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

So then,”getting there”…..to a built up redeveloped part of SE Birmingham . If driving,satnav essential (I don’t have..must get.)  Motorway access from M6 ,nearest junction is Spaghetti Junction then Aston Expressway onto ring road eastward connecting with A 45 Coventry Road to Tyseley area.From M42 north or south (avoiding M6) exit NEC …….beloved of Warley Show ….onto A45 in opposite direction. M42 North the two earlier exits will also be available to get you there…..particularly useful if using the M40 and M5 . 

Or…..fly to Birmingham Airport airport and get a taxi. Reasonably but not that close.

It is a warehouse not a shop though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/05/2022 at 23:10, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

On the subject of boxes,i expect the locomotive box size to be much of a muchness as far as Deltic 92 and 37 ? Do you guys happen to know the dimentions as so far the draws in the loft for the railway are spot on for wagons,and the boxes that you post in split and protect the floor as its varnished to keep it nice.

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

Your keeping some under the floor boards ?

Hmm now thats one area of the house Ive not yet used…

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Hmm now thats one area of the house Ive not yet used…

Going by the amount of "true crime" she watches on tele, and we don't have space for a patio, I think that particular storage area is reserved for me.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

It is a warehouse not a shop though.

Er…I am aware of that and no value judgment is intended. Merely attempting to advise ways of getting there. In any case many retail premises are situated within industrial units ,high street premises being seemingly out of favour for a variety of reasons .

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

I can wait, cheers 😉

• Friendly/supportive 1

16 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Er…I am aware of that and no value judgment is intended. Merely attempting to advise ways of getting there. In any case many retail premises are situated within industrial units ,high street premises being seemingly out of favour for a variety of reasons .

Banging on the doors demanding your purple beastie with the deep bass vibrations.

"Err don't you want Ann Summers mate, they're next door"

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

I can wait, cheers 😉

The expectant multitude have been expressing the anticipated terrors upon facing their wives/partners with parcels on the doorstep.Surely these illustrious Deltic pioneers aren’t going to be deterred by Birmingham traffic then 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, McC said:

Heh. No big secret, we’ve moved in below, right beside major national wide distribution depots for the largest couriers. We’re hoping to offer in time, a same day model delivery option as a result ;) for when you’ve just absolutely got to have your locomotive that day!

Mucklow Park Tyseley
Innovation Drive,
Birmingham,
United Kingdom
B11 3RE

So now we know where model rail Meca is i expect theres a big opening day and a look about day each year with Guinness and biscuits.......

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

plenty space as Accurascale keep my money now.

• Funny 4

15 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

The expectant multitude have been expressing the anticipated terrors upon facing their wives/partners with parcels on the doorstep.Surely these illustrious Deltic pioneers aren’t going to be deterred by Birmingham traffic then 

It's not the traffic, it's the traffic lights - always on red, always against you.

11 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

So now we know where model rail Meca is i expect theres a big opening day and a look about day each year with Guinness and biscuits.......

This is Birmingham - it will be some rather delicious curry and Cadbury's chocolate for dessert.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1