RMWeb very slow loading pages

• RMweb Gold

Very "iffy" here in Oslo.

Do you want me to "Ping it" again, Andy, like I did when I was in Mongolia?

Kev,

(..who is used to blaming the hotel...)

• Like 2

Not so great here but what is irritating is that the adverts are still running at normal speed,

They're not. It is all part of the page loading process. They only show when everything is built so you can't make that assertion.

Very "iffy" here in Oslo.

Do you want me to "Ping it" again, Andy, like I did when I was in Mongolia?

Kev,

(..who is used to blaming the hotel...)

Don't worry, the path isn't the problem, it's the processing.

• RMweb Gold

Banner still up on my PC - but painfully slow & sometimes times out / not everything loads.

As Andy has said, he knows - and it sounds like this stuff will be here for a bit longer.

It sounds like some of us might have to look elsewhere for today's "model trains on the web" "fix".

Well, it's either that or something really scary ... like modelmaking, for instance.

I know - some people regard talk of that concept as terrifying - possibly even verboten - but somebody had to mention it.

Now, I guess it's time to get back to those cakeboxes - just emptying the things - not putting anything into them ... .

Huw.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Indeed the Internet in general seems to have become periodically very slow during the course of this week, probably all the extra traffic generated by so called Black Friday online shoppers and the like.

• RMweb Premium

Trying to open pages/links things just hang and then seem to time out. Signing in seems to make it worse than signed out. Was okay for a while this morning but now back to what it has been for the past few days. Other website browsing is normal.

Izzy

I sent a PM. The sent PM acknowledgement was displayed. 10 minutes later, it had disappeared from the system.

Also, I'm finding that when following a thread, the 'follow confirmation popup' is not being displayed properly (and thus I can't follow the thread). Looks like maybe some CSS3 stuff that is not widely supported.

• RMweb Premium

I'd seen the banner notice both yesterday and today, so presuming there is still work ongoing and am living with slow page loading.

Can anyone say if this is also why I'm seeing 'Secure content only is shown' messages when I move to different topics please?

Regards,

John

• Like 1

I'd seen the banner notice both yesterday and today, so presuming there is still work ongoing and am living with slow page loading.

Can anyone say if this is also why I'm seeing 'Secure content only is shown' messages when I move to different topics please?

Regards,

John

That's all part of the issue. I have temporarily removed the enforcement of SSL for this evening until I can get to the root of the problem so you probably won't see that now.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for confirmation of the 'Secure Content Only' situation Andy, and I've noticed response time has improved noticeably since I posted at 17:10, but also that you say you've reverted to the earlier version.

Regards,

John

Edit in view of Andy Y's note on reversion to earlier version.

Edited by Brit70053
  • Like 1

Are you having problems at the moment?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for responding, apologies for the delay but had to go to daughter's teacher's meeting, so just getting back to you now.

All seems to be great just now, although I see you had to revert to some earlier settings. Issue I had were pictures slow loading on threads, the little round spinning circle when you click to list who Agreed/Liked/Thanked etc a post. And the HOME page I bookmarked coming up empty, but I think I read somewhere that that's something being looked at.

Nothing which was causing a huge problem though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

On my computer RMWeb seems to be working OK, maybe a bit slow but on the same broadband my phone is so slow a carrier pidgeon would be quicker. But we all know why the problems are occuring so no big deal.