Train-watching near Middlewich?

alcazar

You could try heading over to Hartford or Acton Bridge stations on the WCML north of Crewe. Or Sandbach on the Manchester line, though not as much freight on here. And going the other way there is Northwich but you probably wouldn't see any freight there in the times you are around except perhaps the Enterprise wagonload train from Dowlow and Peak Forest going back to Warrington Arpley.

HTH Paul

Well, I had three hours at Acton Bridge: one class 60 on large coal hoppers heading south, four class 66's, (3 EWS, 1 Freightliner), one appearing twice, and a pair of 86's on a southbound freightliner.

Not exactly awe inspiring, the constant procession of Pendo's, Voyagers and runaway carriages, (class 350's) was a bit tedious.

Well, I had three hours at Acton Bridge: one class 60 on large coal hoppers heading south, four class 66's, (3 EWS, 1 Freightliner), one appearing twice, and a pair of 86's on a southbound freightliner.

Not exactly awe inspiring, the constant procession of Pendo's, Voyagers and runaway carriages, (class 350's) was a bit tedious.

What were you expecting, they are all staple WCML fodder.

• RMweb Gold

I was there yesterday and for an hour and a half nothing moved due to a lineside fire at Winsford, so it could have been worse - once things did start again there was a procession of Pendos/Voyagers/Desiros heading North and South - and a couple of intermodals dotted in the middle, and some interesting moves - a Desiro reversing at Hartford Junction and a Desiro in the down loop being overtaken by another Desiro - both on passenger workings !

Archived