Point Rodding BR Eastern region

Hi all

Im currently working on my model of a branch line station in East/North Yorkshire and i have got to a stage which has stumped me, Regarding the point rodding.

I have spent ages scouring the internet and books i own looking for pictures and products etc but have come up very short. I have found that most if not all NER point rodding was rounded, i do intended to scratch build but i am looking for some of the main components such as pulleys etc, i have looked on wizard models but to little luck as most seems to be unsuitable.

Does anybody know of any reference material or any products which are available out there to me with this problem.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in adavance

Ed

Hi all

Im currently working on my model of a branch line station in East/North Yorkshire and i have got to a stage which has stumped me, Regarding the point rodding.

I have spent ages scouring the internet and books i own looking for pictures and products etc but have come up very short. I have found that most if not all NER point rodding was rounded, i do intended to scratch build but i am looking for some of the main components such as pulleys etc, i have looked on wizard models but to little luck as most seems to be unsuitable.

Does anybody know of any reference material or any products which are available out there to me with this problem.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in adavance

Ed

I have copies of M&H catolouges illustrating the equipment used by the NERly. Do you have the North Eastern Railway signalling book?

I haven't got a decent photo of the signalling system so I'll have to try and trace one down or a diagram of some reason.

I have plenty of "Detail Pictures", ex NERly rodding was round. The book I mentioned is out of print, you may be lucky to find one. Are you modelling a real place?

Hi mick

I'm looking at settrington Station on the Malton Driffield railway and the only picture I have shows a J39 propelling a wagon up to the coal drop and I can only just see the rodding on the bottom right of the picture.

At one point I had a black and white diagram which showed it all but I've lost that over time.

Hi mick

I'm looking at settrington Station on the Malton Driffield railway and the only picture I have shows a J39 propelling a wagon up to the coal drop and I can only just see the rodding on the bottom right of the picture.

At one point I had a black and white diagram which showed it all but I've lost that over time.

ED, thanks to my mate Richard, here is a copy of the signalling diagram.[

attachment=1069718:39 Settrington SB Diagram.jpg]

post-702-0-13859200-1540848654_thumb.jpg

• Like 2