Ian Smeeton

• RMweb Premium

I have decided to do the Xmas shopping early, and SWMBO's present to me was going to be one of these

https://goo.gl/images/muZKj6

So I did a bit of googling and came up with this lot:

http://www.mlasshop.top/model-railways-trains-c-708_763/?page=3

Who had/have one at a very reasonable price (£32.00)

Too good to be true?

I had a look at a couple of Domain Registration sites doing a 'Whois' search, but on first look, all ownership details seemed to be 'Masked' under GDPR regs.

Another Google tonight gave a Registered address in Dover, and the company claims to have 106 stores in Eastern Europe, with main markets in Western Europe.

Working through their site, there seems to be an 'eclectic' range of items available, with no common theme. Also, no contact details (which I thought were a legal requirement)

Being  poor wage slave, I am loath to part with Hard earned cash on something which may be dodgy, even if it is 'Her' money

Has anyone else had any experience with these people.

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Looking at it, I wouldn't touch it with someone else's bargepole.

On the selection on the home screen was this a secondhand coach that they claim to have for sale - which has been lifted from another website.

http://www.mlasshop.top/coaches-c-708_763_764_2033/Hornby-039oo039-gauge-br-mk2-039intercity039-bluegrey-brake-coach-nom9450-unboxed-p-15264.html

About Us

www.mlasshop.top is a leading international online fashion store.Focusing on the very latest in affordable fashion style,we provide thousands of the latest product to give maxium choice to our clients We aim to provide an extensive range of high quality,trendy fashion products not only at the lowest prices,but also with a professional dedicated service to our valued customers from all over the world.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to the Mod Squad for putting this in the correct place. There are so many choiuces now, I found it hard to decide.

I did have a browse through some of the rest of the site. Nothing really inspired confidence.

This is one bargain that I will not be adding to 'Bargain Hunters'

I suppose I had better keep looking for the wife's X mas pressie.

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Looks like a scam site and not even subtle.

I copied one of the headers and pasted to Ebay. It turned out to be lifted from the shop of our old friend from Cartmel!!

A second item took me to a site called Manchester Model Shop, which when found on Google looks as if it is in some lock-ups down a back alley off Bury Old Road

A third search took me to an item listed by Rails of Sheffield.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer