• 2 weeks later...

One of my friends from my modelling group came over a couple of months ago and gave me a good idea to finish off the Old Station Cafe.  Add a couple of “Cafe Parking Only” signs against the fence.  So I have done this and it kind of completes the scene.  Thanks you Scott, for the great idea.

IMG_0730.jpeg.55e4493f95cba30fe70fa8feba3d94f2.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Just come to this thread - what a fantastic layout!  Thanks for taking the time to document its development here.  A really enjoyable thread.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Looks great Nigel and nice pics, be a shame when you get the modern stuff out again.😉

Ha Ha Ha, I think come July I will change over to the modern era.

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The School Holidays is a busy time for our family, so I haven’t had much Model Railway time.  But one stock project that I have been tinkering on and off for months is my Salmon wagons.  I bought these a couple of years ago from a colleague who wanted ride of them.  It was a bit of a project as they are Cambrian Kits and they needed some work as the bogie mounts were not straight so they needed dismantling and sorting (thought at the time I could make 3 runners out of the 4 wagons).  Anyway we are getting there (at my usual snails pace).  I think I just need to add some straps.

IMG_1984.jpeg.cf58d20112b34a788cf1421d5ae7c074.jpeg

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Nick G said:

Looking good Nigel, some 1mm blue masking tape makes a good representation of straps.

2 hours ago, treggyman said:

Hi Nigel

Looking good .....Snails pace is quicker than no pace.......

I used dental floss suitably painted for straps on my OTA's for Creedyford......

Cheers Bill

Thanks for the top tips Gents

• 3 weeks later...

Layout is looking great . I do like the 1990 colourful stock  although it’s a bit too new/ old for my modelling eras !

Im not sure how I missed so many updates , for some reason the layout name evoked  1870s steam engines so I glossed over it !