Dapol O gauge HAA

Trains4U

Totally agree the chap up threads wagon looks great, no doubt it took him a good few days to do and that isn’t an option for whoever did a few hundred for rails, but like those on social media rightly say you work to a price. I hear the chaps actual custom work is very good, shame this could actually damage his custom, shame on Rails for a half baked excise.

Thanks Lads!  You are far too kind and more than a bit cruel to the dealers weathering guy, i do hope i'm not bragging as i don't mean to but it only took me half an hour to hand paint/weather the MGR, but it's only one and i am really used to making and painting the bigger garden rail stuff of mine which is also a coal based railway, so i do have and had a well rehearsed and well practiced routine going over the years.....not sure whether i could ever do dozens all to the same spec' if pushed, especially for a deadline or in a limited time frame.  :)

Totally agree the chap up threads wagon looks great, no doubt it took him a good few days to do and that isn’t an option for whoever did a few hundred for rails, but like those on social media rightly say you work to a price. I hear the chaps actual custom work is very good, shame this could actually damage his custom, shame on Rails for a half baked excise.

I hear the comments and must agree that Owd Bob has done a fantastic job weathering his own wagons. As you can obviously imagine having a batch of wagons weathered is slightly different, each wagon has a custom finish and differs from another although the same kind of style. Although the same amount of detail may not have been added to them as Owd Bobs, for someone wanting a more realistic finish our weathered wagons are a fantastic option. If someone wanted to further enhance with chalks etc, this could be done. Remember many customers have no weathering / airbrush experience let alone the time to weather their own stock. Our weathering man is brilliant at what he does and be sure he can produce detail down to the finest. We have to balance the time spent and price just right, as I am sure if we spent hours on each wagon which then increased the price we would no doubt get a new thread regarding our pricing. 

Unlike many of the other HAAs, Arran's photos show the HAA Carkind in the left hand black rectangle but with the right hand black rectangle still in place which usually carried the HAA marking. There is a telltale vertical dirt mark above this blank rectangle where the wagon might have been gripped by some sort of wagon moving device at the loading point, and which might have rubbed off the original HAA markings over time. Did they previously have HAA in the now blank rectangle? Or am I reading too much into this?

The Railtec transfer sheet includes both versions.

http://www.railtec-models.com/img/2mm_6472-1.jpg

Edited by mikeharvey22

Heres some inspiration , slight shunting incident at Mantle Lane circa July 1980, fresh from the wagon shop!

post-13564-0-48259700-1538662685.jpg

Not all MGR trains need to be 35 wagons, 20199+168 arrive with 1HEA and 4HAA's loose coupled. They're probably green carders for repair, the jocko is 465

post-13564-0-12392400-1538663064.jpg

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 2

For those waiting for the HBA/HEA here's a site with pictures and information on the Chadderton coal yard branch off the ex L&Y Manchester Leeds via Rochdale line, plenty of detail on locos on the branch circa 1986/7 and train formations. Scroll past the early piccies for gems like 37022 in ex Eastfield livery, the last appearance of 45/0's in the NW and more.

https://www.chaddy-goods.co.uk/chadderton-goods-photos/br-trains-on-the-branch/