Accurascale on tour

• Accurascale staff

Hi everyone,

We are all set for the London Festival of Railway Modelling at the fabulous Alexandra Palace this weekend. 

F53B98C1-6940-41CE-AD4B-255B2DDC7DEA.jpeg.017a2561380b36155df37282130a22c9.jpeg

Check us out on Stand 93 to see our latest models, including Deltics, samples of the Manor, Class 37s, Class 92, Mark 5 and more!

We will also have our spring catalogue to give out to you for free, along with our nifty Class 31 postcards. We shall see you there.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We will also have our spring catalogue to give out to you for free

I think you must be the only UK rolling stock manufacturer who gives out a catalogue for nowt! Heljan charge for theirs IIRC despite it only being a few pages.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A nice morning spent at the show, what a great venue. I didn’t realise that “that London” had hills! The 37s really capture the look well, especially the one with cutaway bufferbeams, which I presume is from the refined tooling. It does mean that I don’t need to sort the windscreens out on any more. The 31s too are great. And the Deltic and 92. It was nice to have a little chat to @Accurascale Fran too. Keep it up, fellas, and I look forward to Ballymoss going on shed in a couple of months.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Had a good look at all the bits I have on order. The TPE Mk5 set looks amazing, as do all the hoppers. Have 2 pair of the IIA and the shorty HYA on order. Can’t wait to get them in my hands! Soon right? Super impressed with the nuke stuff too. 

Totally forgot to pick up catalogue or postcards tho. D’oh! 

• RMweb Gold

Excellent to see you all hard at it Accurascale chappies and apologies for gwrrob who went into a sort of melt down when handling the 'Manor' and Siphon -- shows just how good they are when they reduce Rob to 'excited school boy' status like that.    I look forward to future announcements from your ever busier hive of creativeness and good to meet who is, i understand, become  your 'Warranty repair' man - another excellent recruitment move anda pity he won't have much, if anything, to do

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Excellent to see you all hard at it Accurascale chappies and apologies for gwrrob who went into a sort of melt down when handling the 'Manor' and Siphon -- shows just how good they are when they reduce Rob to 'excited school boy' status like that.   

It's a long time since I've been a school boy Mike :Pbut they are rather 'andsome as they say down west. :dance_mini:

DSCN8521.JPG.ccef9ca009a077493c4f875c806f109b.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Great to see you too Mike and your presence certainly helped this mere morsel of a punter get the cabinets opened for a better look.;)

You’re always welcome Rob, and you don’t necessarily need Mike’s presence - I’ll always open the cabinet for an interested party (although Gingernut biscuits will always help to sweeten the deal)

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • Accurascale staff

Hi everyone,

We’re getting set up for the Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail 175th anniversary of Inchicore Works open day tomorrow.

If you’re lucky enough to bag a golden ticket we will see you along the tour. Having seen some of the exhibits we can assure you it is WELL worth attending!

Not a bad backdrop either…

1989981859_inchicoreopenday.jpg.33ad4b7a7f8696289717c05c51b4e732.jpg

If you happen to be attending, come by and say hi to Patrick and I!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

46 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We’re getting set up for the Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail 175th anniversary of Inchicore Works open day tomorrow.

If you’re lucky enough to bag a golden ticket we will see you along the tour. Having seen some of the exhibits we can assure you it is WELL worth attending!

Not a bad backdrop either…

1989981859_inchicoreopenday.jpg.33ad4b7a7f8696289717c05c51b4e732.jpg

If you happen to be attending, come by and say hi to Patrick and I!

Cheers!

Fran 

Bagged a free ticket only to test positive with COVID yesterday, so I will have to give it a miss!

• Friendly/supportive 5

• 4 months later...
  • Accurascale staff

Hi everyone,

We're gearing up for show season again and our next outing will be the Great Electric Train Show (GETS) at the Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes, October 8th and 9th. We will have not one, but TWO new OO gauge wagon announcements at the show with tooled samples to display. We will also have our latest catalogue available (absolutely free!) our new post cards, stickers and more.

Of course, we will also have the latest updates on our work in progress models with some beautiful samples etc, including the first decorated sample of the 31 and (fingers crossed!) hopefully the first Class 89 sample.

So, make sure you drop by and say hi, and feel free to speculate on the new announcements!

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
literally not knowing what day of the week it was. Thanks Stationmaster!
  • Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We're gearing up for show season again and our next outing will be the Great Electric Train Show (GETS) at the Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes, September 8th and 9th. We will have not one, but TWO new OO gauge wagon announcements at the show with tooled samples to display. We will also have our latest catalogue available (absolutely free!) our new post cards, stickers and more.

Of course, we will also have the latest updates on our work in progress models with some beautiful samples etc, including the first decorated sample of the 31 and (fingers crossed!) hopefully the first Class 89 sample.

So, make sure you drop by and say hi, and feel free to speculate on the new announcements!

Cheers!

Fran 

Fran - I think you mean October 😇

PS Does it mean that you are about to announce the correct type of EE Type 3, and maybe a certain example of coaching stock?  Or is it a certain Type 4 diesel running on EE design bogies?

Edited by The Stationmaster
Add PS
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• Accurascale staff
4 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Fran - I think you mean October 😇

PS Does it mean that you are about to announce the correct type of EE Type 3, and maybe a certain example of coaching stock?  Or is it a certain Type 4 diesel running on EE design bogies?

Good lord, if I've started the week with an error like that, then I dread to think what state I'll be in by Friday. Now you know why my colleagues don't let me measure anything!

I couldn't possibly comment on future announcements, but two wagons for GETS (I would say technically 3, but we will keep it simple!) 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1