France - Deluxe Materials' glues etc and other ranges

Hi

For those of us in France (and maybe other EU countries), who are not already aware, I have found, at last, a French supplier of Deluxe Materials and other, otherwise hard to obtain, glues, paints and so on, which French DIY stores never seem to stock, and which cannot all be posted from the UK these days:

http://www.oupsmodel.com/

I have just obtained Deluxe's 2-Part Epoxy from them, at a reasonable cost and rapid service.

Incidentally, I have also discovered that the retail chain "Darty" is a good place to obtain Revell and Humbrol paints as well as other useful stuff, and their shops are far more numerous than model shops these days.

Hope that might help some of you!

Good find Mike, but regarding Darty they are a franchise and not all stores will stock the paints - mine certainly does not.

Thanks Andy - I did not know they are a franchise chain. Ours (in St Jean d'Angely) is fairly new and they seem to stock most of what I needed. Sorry yours does not! Maybe you can order it (but then, I suppose that defeats the object......)?

• RMweb Gold

Was in our local ACTION supermarket last week. What a find (for France....). They stock glues, acrylic paints and varnishes (similar to Vallejo), cutting mats, paint brushes, etc etc. All very cheap. Quality varies from excellent to budget, so summat for everyone. Well, everyone who is in France anyway!

As an extra bonus, Heinz ketchup was half the price Leclerc sell it for, plus other goodies such as Mars bars etc at UK prices. If you live there, you will understand the relevance of this information :sungum:

• Like 2