fleischmann turntable

Hello.

I have the fleischmann turntable but I have a wierd problem. While I was upgrading my points with DCC Concepts ADS units I ripped out all the old wiring and while I was at it I cut 2 wires from the turntable. These are the 2 yellow wires for anyone who knows the item. I assumed they connected to the 12v a.c. of the transformer but it doesn't appear so. According to the manual it states connect DC but doesn't state voltage which has to be 12v surely. Anyhow if anyone can help please do.

Roy.

Thanks for replies. The 3 coloured wires go from turntable to the rotary switch that controls left or right and that's all ok as it clicks away when operated but will not turn because the 2 yellow wires are not connected and don't make any difference when connected to 12v AC.

As I said the 2 yellow wires are only from the track, so don't affect the motor. There are three coloured wires from the switch to the turntable to make it work, and a black and white from the switch to the transformer for power. If you can hear clicking when you move the switch the solenoid in the deck is working, so you have power. Either the motor is stuck or there is another problem. Have a look at this:-  

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/134969-fleischmann-6152c-turntable-stopped-working/

As I said the 2 yellow wires are only from the track, so don't affect the motor. There are three coloured wires from the switch to the turntable to make it work, and a black and white from the switch to the transformer for power. If you can hear clicking when you move the switch the solenoid in the deck is working, so you have power. Either the motor is stuck or there is another problem. Have a look at this:-  

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/134969-fleischmann-6152c-turntable-stopped-working/

I totally agree with you.

Emphasising again for the OP, the two yellow wires are the track feed. They may require a DPDT switch to reverse the polarity for when the turntable is rotated 180 degrees, but otherwise should be connected to the same controller as the tracks leading up to the turntable.

The triple wires in red grey and yellow are the ones that go from the turntable controller, and that should have a white and black pair that go to the AC power source to actually work the turntable.

I have just replaced my Fleischmann turntable because it is showing a dead short-circuit when connected up to the power supply (not the track supply, but the AC supply for the controller itself).

I have a mind to remove the motor and electrical equipment, with the exception of those two yellow wires, and try to sell it as a hand-operated turntable - the yellow wires will still be required to power the tracks, of course.

Edited by SRman

I totally agree with you.

Emphasising again for the OP, the two yellow wires are the track feed. They may require a DPDT switch to reverse the polarity for when the turntable is rotated 180 degrees, but otherwise should be connected to the same controller as the tracks leading up to the turntable.

The triple wires in red grey and yellow are the ones that go from the turntable controller, and that should have a white and black pair that go to the AC power source to actually work the turntable.

I have just replaced my Fleischmann turntable because it is showing a dead short-circuit when connected up to the power supply (not the track supply, but the AC supply for the controller itself).

I have a mind to remove the motor and electrical equipment, with the exception of those two yellow wires, and try to sell it as a hand-operated turntable - the yellow wires will still be required to power the tracks, of course.

Have a look at the link I posted above, and have a go at working your way through testing and dismantling your dud t/t, it may require a new pcb or motor to bring it back to life, but at the price of these things its worth spending a bit of time on it. Regards.