Bach 66 702 Blue Lightning - sound problems ?

tractor_37260

Anyone else notice sound problems with the Bachmann GBRF 66 702 "Blue Lightning" On my example, firstly there is NO brake squeal at all - no matter how you set CV64 ;) it just glides "silently" to a stop from all speeds. There is also no option on Day/Night running lights - just a tank fitted switch to turn off the tails, which should by now be function controlled - "come on Bachmann" the 4th function output on decoders are still presently being UNUSED :( According to the function list supplied, F5+F6 should have notching enabled - on this example Buffer & Coupling sounds are on F5+F6, the list shows they should be on F9+F10 which are blank/silent. Getting the notching and the buffer/coupling sounds to match the supplied list, can be sorted by a few CV changes. However, any ideas on how to find the "brake squeal" sound - assuming it's on the chip to start with ;)

TIA

Ken

Just so you are aware, I know I've had the Rail Express Fastline 66 for some time now, but I had a play with this loco the other day and yes it's got exactly the same problems. I've got a feeling that the same instructions are given out for the Bachmann 37 as they are for the 66, hence the notching and buffering being a problem. Would be good to see if others have found the same problems, including the brake squeal. Tony.

Archived