BR 2MT 2-6-0 steam pipes

philsandy

Excuse me if I have the terminology wrong ie. steam pipes, the large pipes at an angle between smokebox and running plate, in line with the chimney.

I going to convert an Bachmann Ivatt 2MT to a BR Standard version, and after studying several photographs of the BR Standard 2MT (RCTS vol. 2) some of these pipes appear to be cylindrical in section and some appear to be square. At first I thought it was the light/shade in the photo creating this effect, but in certain photos they do look square in section (see top photo).

I can not imagine there would be 2 designs, are my eyes playing tricks on me?

post-17471-0-33344900-1534845074_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Excuse me if I have the terminology wrong ie. steam pipes, the large pipes at an angle between smokebox and running plate, in line with the chimney.

I going to convert an Bachmann Ivatt 2MT to a BR Standard version, and after studying several photographs of the BR Standard 2MT (RCTS vol. 2) some of these pipes appear to be cylindrical in section and some appear to be square. At first I thought it was the light/shade in the photo creating this effect, but in certain photos they do look square in section (see top photo).

I can not imagine there would be 2 designs, are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Having looked at photos of pretty well most of the class, I have concluded that they were neither.

post-2274-0-75146500-1534849610_thumb.jpg

This is my interpretation of the probable shape.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Having looked at photos of pretty well most of the class, I have concluded that they were neither.

attachicon.gifGraphic1.JPG

This is my interpretation of the probable shape.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Thanks John, just received the model today, they are approx. that shape, with the straight sides being about half that length (proportionally).