bachmann class 20 DCC sound onboard

liam m

• RMweb Gold

HI,

you need to change CV 63 which controls the volume of the sound.

The 20 will probably hav the value of cv 63 around the 60 - 64 value.

If you change it to 30 it will reduce the noise by half.

hope this helps

cheers

Simon

Using CV 63 you can adjust the volume from 1 to 64.

I find the CLass 20 about right at 20 ish.

It will depend on your DCC set up as to how you access your CV settings, let us know and we can give pointers if required.

thank you Mr.s.corn78 and Cliff Williams i am using the cheap Bachmann ez command from a starter set and i dont have a clue about changing the CVs i am new(ish) to Dcc

BAC44902-450.jpg

• RMweb Gold

thank you Mr.s.corn78 and Cliff Williams i am using the cheap Bachmann ez command from a starter set and i dont have a clue about changing the CVs i am new(ish) to Dcc

BAC44902-450.jpg

Hi,

you best bet would be to take your loco to a shop that has a DCC fitting service and ask them to do it or if you know someone with a dcc system that can program and ask them to do it.

As you can't do it on the controller you have.

cheers

Simon

Hi,

you best bet would be to take your loco to a shop that has a DCC fitting service and ask them to do it or if you know someone with a dcc system that can program and ask them to do it.

As you can't do it on the controller you have.

cheers

Simon

thanks, thats a big help what controlers would you recommend as i need a new one any way? it only has 10 loco "slots" and i have 28 DCC fitted loco`s.

I would not want to spend more then £100-150

• RMweb Gold

thanks, thats a big help what controlers would you recommend as i need a new one any way? it only has 10 loco "slots" and i have 28 DCC fitted loco`s.

I would not want to spend more then £100-150

Hi,

there are a few, NCE pwoer cab and Bachmann Dynamis to name two.

The best thing i would recomemnd to do is

1)see if there is a shop near you that has some DCC controlers to play with

2)or go to show and see if there is a DCC demo or a trader selling units and have a play with them

As what DCC unit to use is down to personal choice and what you like the feel of as you will be the one using it in the long run.

cheers

Simon

Hi,

there are a few, NCE pwoer cab and Bachmann Dynamis to name two.

The best thing i would recomemnd to do is

1)see if there is a shop near you that has some DCC controlers to play with

2)or go to show and see if there is a DCC demo or a trader selling units and have a play with them

As what DCC unit to use is down to personal choice and what you like the feel of as you will be the one using it in the long run.

cheers

Simon

Thanks Simon i have used the Bachmann controler before and i loved it! so i think i will go get one once again thanks for your help

Archived