The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

False name, my address. Metrolink fare dodger?

w124bob

Police do not charge innocent protesters or bystanders.

Coming not long after the 199th anniversary of The Peterloo Massacre (16th August 1819), I can tell you that the forces of law and order, be they police, disguised police, or as in this case the local amateur cavalry, do 'Charge innocent protestors and bystanders'; in the case of Peterloo killing 15 and wounding about 600 others.

In the case of Orgreave, 95 of the pickets were arrested and charged with various crimes of violence. Not one of them was convicted. Partially because the police had a unit checking arresting officers' statements and modifying them to suit, in a similar way as happened at Hillsborough.

Edited by 62613

Battle of Ormskirk took place last Saturday Night outside the Flute and Trumpet. I know this because I read it in the Daily Mail that had been left in the public lavs on Donny Station.

P

So thats were I left my copy, was my wife still there?

• RMweb Gold

Which ever branch of the political spectrum people come from, the BBC is accused of supporting the other side.

Which would perhaps suggest it isn't really that biased after all?

My Father worked in the BBC in Belfast. During the Northern Ireland troubles so long as they received more or less the same number of complaints from the Nationalists and from the Unionists they were happy that their coverage was fairly balanced.
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I think it's worth saying that treating people decently is a two way street. I think it is only fair to allow organisations an opportunity to rectify these errors and to put things right before turning up the heat or throwing complaints around. Equally I think people should be given a chance to explain their position before receiving threatening letters etc. I see this on the trains I commute to/from work on. The overwhelming majority of guards handle people with ticket irregularities very well and in most cases things are resolved quickly and without a fuss. If things to turn unpleasant in almost all cases it is the passenger who behaves badly and starts raising their voice, acting aggressively, swearing etc. However, there is one ticket inspector (not guard) who is rather belligerent and with an attitude that just rubs people the wrong way, although I don't defend poor behaviour I do think that if you go straight in and aggressively accuse people of fare evasion etc before asking them what has happened then don't be surprised if things end up getting shouty.