The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

It's hot!

Torper

No it isn't a load of rubbish and you leave the lid down to contain the stale smell of pee.

So you open it for a whole load of stink together? :P

I didn't mean it as rudeness. Perhpas I just eat too much asparagus!

Although we have a water saving device in our cistern so it always uses less.

I do enjoy the adverts you see abotu taking showers and reusing dishwater.

I don't have baths in summer and have a dishwasher that uses less water than a washing up bowl.

If I choose to water my garden with my allotment of water, that's my choice.

I'm happy to drink beer only... so long as I don't get caught in the rationing of it!

I'm on leave a fortnight from today so it will rain!

Right, let us get this clear. 

As with July 1976, the weather does not respond to prayers, persistent moaners or folk who think they can influence it by dancing naked in the back garden. 

From what I have seen, next weeks forecast appears to be even hotter, with temperatures regularly into the mid-30s.... in southern Britain.

Like it, or lump it... it is not going to change just because you want it to. 

Edited by jonny777

well home tonight to a major new flair up of the saddleworthmoor fire nottinghamshire tender and helicopter in attendance twohours hard graft and its down to a small smouldering plume .must be absolout hell working in this heat much respect to the teams fightin the fires

, next weeks forecast appears to be even hotter, with temperatures regularly into the mid-30s.... in southern Britain.

Great stuff, the books to read are ready, the beers ready, deck-chair in working order, plenty of shade from the trees in the garden - bring it on !! :sungum:

Right, let us get this clear. 

As with July 1976, the weather does not respond to prayers, persistent moaners or folk who think they can influence it by dancing naked in the back garden...…

No, but it does appear to respond if you appoint a Minister for Drought....

• RMweb Premium

well home tonight to a major new flair up of the saddleworthmoor fire nottinghamshire tender and helicopter in attendance twohours hard graft and its down to a small smouldering plume .must be absolout hell working in this heat much respect to the teams fightin the fires

It was quite windy over the weekend, and someone at work who went for a walk in the hills not all that far from Saddleworth Moor said it was extremely windy on the tops, which must've made an already very difficult and strenuous job a lot worse and more dangerous.

It was quite windy over the weekend, and someone at work who went for a walk in the hills not all that far from Saddleworth Moor said it was extremely windy on the tops, which must've made an already very difficult and strenuous job a lot worse and more dangerous.

tbh its been pretty windy throughout the real problems have come when tbe wind comes from the east as its blowing the flames onto fresh un burned ground leading to flare ups the rest of the time its just a vast smoukdring wasteland with plumes of smoke breaking out at random .localy Huddersfield road is closed from wakefield road to Hollins school to allow tenders to connect to stand pipes and hoses to be run out onto the moor met two lorry loads of scottish regiment coming off the moor at 10.30 last night they looked exhausted

• RMweb Gold

Hiring an open top car while on holiday back in 1976 worked like a charm - after several days in a hard top waiting for the Spridget to become available the day we received the Spridget it absolutely bucketed down.

My father did over 30 years in total in the AFS and then postwar as a Retained Fireman and he always reckoned grass and heathland fires were some of the nastiest things to deal with in firefighting terms. (And that's from someone who fought fires in the blitz in several large British towns and cities including Southampton, Coventry, Birmingham and London.)

Conditions here are inhuman. No air-con in this office, my chair has sweat stains on it, my hands are going greasy, and I'm considering taking my shirt off.

They reckon both fires are Arson. There are some nasty and copletely idiotic people out there that I hope get found and then bo##cked in a very nasty way.

Some people have a fascination for setting things on fire. Whether it's a mental illness or something darker, who can say?

Edited by Horsetan

Conditions here are inhuman. No air-con in this office, my chair has sweat stains on it, my hands are going greasy, and I'm considering taking my shirt off.

Some people have a fascination for setting things on fire. Whether it's a mental illness or something darker, who can say?

try the cab of a truck around city center where you have to close the windows and lock up at every drop so thats at least 25 times a shift asked the boss for a left hooker today so i can even up my tan the chance of aircon are zero 

• RMweb Gold

They reckon both fires are Arson. There are some nasty and copletely idiotic people out there that I hope get found and then bo##cked in a very nasty way.

Just sayin'

P

Some eejits think it is quite OK to use a disposable BBQ on dry moorland grass.

Well, from the long range forecasts I have seen; a Minister will not be necessary. 

The simple fact of the start of the school holidays would appear to be enough to plunge us into Autumn. 

Excellent. Hopefully winter won't be far away.

Speak for yourself. I hope the warm weather lasts a wee bit longer. We get enough cr@p summers in this country.

Some eejits think it is quite OK to use a disposable BBQ on dry moorland grass.

One of our local idiots can top even that. A year or two back there was a big heath fire caused by one of a party of Scouts needing a poo on a very windy day during a long dry spell. He dug a hole, did the deed, used the bogroll Mum had thoughtfully provided, and then "for environmental reasons" put more paper in the hole before putting a match to it ...

Edited by spikey
  • Like 1