Β 

Lakemont - Freelance US Switching layout

Excellent modelling. I think what you've really got down is the lighting. It looks like actual daylight (on a sort of cloudy but fine day). The vantage points help as well, being less of a helicopter shot, and more of a person with a camera view.

Β 

You really have to look closely on some of them to work out that it's actually a model. That one with 503 in it in particular.

Excellent modelling. I think what you've really got down is the lighting. It looks like actual daylight (on a sort of cloudy but fine day). The vantage points help as well, being less of a helicopter shot, and more of a person with a camera view.

Β 

You really have to look closely on some of them to work out that it's actually a model. That one with 503 in it in particular.

Β 

Thanks for your comment, much appreciated!

I just reread your post and caught the cellphone speaker in the wood box trick.

I own a model train store and have been factory trained to install DCC AND SOUND.Β 

I am really impressed with the sound of the wood over the plastic box!

I used to build custom stereo boxes for cars and can not believe I missed that! You are correct. Wood does offer better sound.

Where do you get the cell phone speakers? The clarity is great!

Great job on the sound!!!!!!!!!

Β 

Also, what did you use for your tall grass? I cannot seam to get static grass to look that good.

Β 

Thanks Again

Mark in California. soon to be in Nebraska

Hi SEB:

Β 

I really admire your trees and foilage. Are those Super trees from Scenic Express and if so what type of foilage material are you using? Tree leaf material or ground foam?

Β 

I am currently, making some trees/foilage using Super Trees products and would like to achive similar results like yours.

Β 

Thanks, for any information/clarification.

Β 

Barry

Hello Mark,

Β 

Thanks for your comment. I have got those cell phone speakers from a local supplier, but very close those you could find here : http://www.sbs4dcc.com/sugarcubespeakers.html

Β 

I'm using static grass from Mini Natur to reproduce the tall grass.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Where do you get the cell phone speakers? The clarity is great!

Great job on the sound!!!!!!!!!

Β 

Also, what did you use for your tall grass? I cannot seam to get static grass to look that good.

Β 

Thanks Again

Mark in California. soon to be in Nebraska

Edited by Seb

Hi Barry,

The trees are made from Zeeschuim (= Seafoam = "Super Trees" from SE). Trees are first painted with a dark green acrylic color. After the painting step I glue a mix of foam, leaves and grass to simulate the foliage :

- Foam : Heki 1611 & 1612
- Grass : Mini Natur 2 mm "Late Summer" (http://www.sceneryexpress.com/2MM-LATE-SUMMER-STATIC-GRASS/productinfo/SF00223/)
- Leaves : Polak or Noch

Β 

I hope this information will be helpful to you.
Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hi SEB:

Β 

I really admire your trees and foilage. Are those Super trees from Scenic Express and if so what type of foilage material are you using? Tree leaf material or ground foam?

Β 

I am currently, making some trees/foilage using Super Trees products and would like to achive similar results like yours.

Β 

Thanks, for any information/clarification.

Β 

Barry

Hi Barry,

Β 

The trees are made from Zeeschuim (= Seafoam = "Super Trees" from SE). Trees are first painted with a dark green acrylic color. After the painting step I glue a mix of foam, leaves and grass to simulate the foliage :

Β 

- Foam : Heki 1611 & 1612

- Grass : Mini Natur 2 mm "Late Summer" (http://www.sceneryexpress.com/2MM-LATE-SUMMER-STATIC-GRASS/productinfo/SF00223/)

- Leaves : Polak or Noch

Β 

I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Β 

Thanks, much, SEB.

Β 

I already have some of these products but will be buying others you listed.

Β 

Barry

Thanks, much, SEB.

Β 

Barry

Β 

You're welcome Barry!

Β 

where did you get the figures standing in front of 8229 from please?

Β 

Duncan

Β 

Hi Duncan,

Β 

Preiser 28032 & 28010

Hi,

Β 

Over the last few days, the layout has been totally disassembled in order to do some painting works into the room.

Β 

During the building phase, I have spent many hours making all parts easily removable. All those attentions have paid, all parts have been disassembled and stored in another room without damages.

Β 

Since yesterday, the layout is fully operational again :

Β 

42244539785_7b844bb571_b.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Β 

Over the last few days, the layout has been totally disassembled in order to do some painting works into the room.

Β 

During the building phase, I have spent many hours making all parts easily removable. All those attentions have paid, all parts have been disassembled and stored in another room without damages.

Β 

Since yesterday, the layout is fully operational again :

Β 

42244539785_7b844bb571_b.jpg

Β 

If I get anywhere half that, I'll be happy

Β 

Cheers,

MIck

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Β 

Β 

I won't be happy until I am least as good as that.

(I want my track to look more rubbishy and run-down than that. Not a criticism of Seb's track.)

Β 

Cheers,

MIck

I won't be happy until I am least as good as that.

Β 

If I was still in HO, I'd just give up now :( I like to think that with the larger size of O Scale, I stand a fighting chance of getting somewhere close to that sort of realism. (& I can do rubbish track quite well :mosking: )
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If I was still in HO, I'd just give up now :( I like to think that with the larger size of O Scale, I stand a fighting chance of getting somewhere close to that sort of realism. (& I can do rubbish track quite well :mosking: )

Β 

I was thinking of you when I spoke of rubbishy track! ;)

Hi all,

Β 

Thanks to "F-Unitmad"; Mick, & "Regularity" for your comment!

Or Jordan, Mick & Simon if you want real names! :D ;)

Β 

There are times I regret making up a user name rather quickly & without much thought :blush: although F-Units are one of my all-time favourite loco designs. :D