No.376 Norwegian

ahardy

Anyone who fancies getting the pair of locomotives together should be willing to pay for the transportation costs just like hiring in one for an event.

There are many nice foreign locomotives spread throughout the UK. Danish 385 is a powerful locomotive and was out of ticket before Andy's time in Leeds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Is 'Norwegian' likely to be running on the K&ESR on the Hop-pickers weekend of 8-9 Sept? This coincides with our holiday in Kent this year. Unless there is a Terrier operational at present I guess it is the most historic small loco running?

I'm hoping to buy some hop plants and grow these for home brewing use....nothing to do with the loco, but my home brewery shares workshop space with model railways.

Dava

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Dava for some reason I missed your post!

I'm unsure about the roster at present for the Hoppers weekend. I know the Terrier will certainly be running and out of the remaining two locos one will need to be big enough to take a 5 car train (Norwegian is limited to 4).

I will see what I can find out. 

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

No problem, plenty of time yet. Will be interested in seeing what is running on the Sunday and the following week. I need to revisit the Col Stephens Museum as well, having joined the society, and never miss a chance to nose round the carriage works if they're open.

Dava