The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

5 minutes ago, 30801 said:

Isn't there a two year fit-for-purpose consumer law type thing?

I did ask if I should get onto Very as the seller if my warranty maybe longer, but 'Adonis' (man, parents eh?) was either slightly dense or just generally unhelpful.

I shall check my statutory gubbins with Very though.

C6T.

Very couldn't even see the PS5 on my account, though as merely a reseller I suspect they only offer manufacturers warranty terms anyway.

All in all it's a pain but maybe I've been lucky over four generations of kit and just got a Friday afternoon one at last.  8(

C6T.

Typically the warranty is 12 months from the manufacturer dealt with often by the seller of the product, but it can vary a bit.

The sale of goods act (I think it was superceeded by a newer act), means things have to be fit for purpose, and this usually applies for manufactering defects.

You might also be able to make a claim with your credit card issuer against Very if they're unhelpful.

• Thanks 1

The lady at the Very customer support couldn't be definitive but she leant towards manufacturers warranty coverage by default and if Very themselves did have such it'd likely be twelve months also.

So, you know c'est la vie. I at least I hope my PS5 will get an entirely new motherboard and possibly other internal improvements?

C6T.

The PS5 is now unfit for playing games on, even the previously fairly stable Ghost of Tsushima won't last the length of a full 15 wave Survival match without crashing. I've paid the £240 OOW fee and am just waiting for PlayStation to send the shipping details and it'll boxed up and off to the menders.

So in the meantime the backlog on the PS4 is being visited. I've started playing the first Watchdogs. Showing its age, but even early doors it has been giving the same enjoyment as the subsequent titles in the franchise gave me.

C6T.

• RMweb Gold

Witcher 3 Next Gen update finally has a release date, Dec 14th, the press release also hinted at the update containing more than just the performance upgrades / bug fixes and the Netflix inspired content that has been referred to previously.  Having been putting off another play through for quite a while waiting for the upgrade.

• Like 1

I'm seeing good things being said about Evil West on my favoured game 'sites. Though they do state it'll not take long to complete it (sub 15 hours).

Having had my fingers singed by the not inexpensive for the playtime on offer Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, am I wrong in holding off purchase until at least a little discount is applied to the £49.99 asking price? I mean if PS Store offers even 10% off, that's on Sony and the Dev still gets their money, right?

C6T.

...and in a rather tenuous link with something I mentioned about Jim's lad's driving rig picture, I got this to cater for my own on-floor sneaker issues:

SONGMICS 10-Tier Shoe Rack, Shoe... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09H2G8R5D?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I then felt that it being nearly 2m tall that it'd look a little bare with one pair of posh shoes and four sets of Reeboks...so I bought another three pairs of 'boks. As you do (if you're an aging B-Boy not disposing of income on model railways as much as you used to).

C6T.

• RMweb Gold

dom bought himself a steam deck a couple of weeks back, told me it was £400 from CEX, I was clearing out some carrier bags the other day and the receipt fell out, seemed he must have had a temporary loss of memory when he told me what hed paid and had underestimated by some £250!

in all fairness hes worked damn hard over the summer, put the hours in as a lifeguard at the holiday camp swimming pool and hasnt spent any money on treats , i think he thought id be cross but he paid all his bills, bought a gas bottle, fed himself etc and its his money, just hope he takes care of it!

11 hours ago, big jim said:

dom bought himself a steam deck a couple of weeks back, told me it was £400 from CEX,

Ugh CEX. Second hand stuff priced more than new stuff...

Really tempted by a Steam Deck. One keeps hovering in my basket. Looking at the £350 64GB one since it's not a big deal to upgrade it.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is one of next month's PS+ Essential games, which is kewl. Will I be able to sync my physical disc game saves to it, to negate having to actually use the disc anymore does anyone know?

I'm guessing I can, Uncharted 4 synced between my old physical and the patched newer versions, but I dunno if there's some other jiggery-pokery prevention.

C6T.

As I said previously up-thread, I've kinda gone off the initial enthusiasm I had for Steam Deck. It's usp of portability is less of a draw for me meaning the realisation that a less expensive laptop or adequate tower would probably fulfill any PC gaming requirements I have.

Besides which I have an eye on the £210 DualSense controller and PSVR2 for next year, although having just been obliged to spend another £240 on the current Sony hardware, both of those potential purchases are under scrutiny.

C6T.

• RMweb Premium

After 'having' to replace my TV early this year with a large screen one due to not being able to see and read the increasingly smaller fonts on games (my eyesight is slowly getting worse with my age), I have finally got myself sorted out with an Xbox Series X. Nice graphics, etc. Also had to replace my amp though, as it couldn't handle eARC as it was too old (HDMI 1.2). The new amp is a bit of an upgrade, Denon AVC-X3800H, hopefully won't be needing to replace that any time soon 😀

Now I just need to find the energy to get back to some proper gaming, when not doing modelling or related activities.

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

After 'having' to replace my TV early this year with a large screen one due to not being able to see and read the increasingly smaller fonts on games (my eyesight is slowly getting worse with my age), I have finally got myself sorted out with an Xbox Series X. Nice graphics, etc. Also had to replace my amp though, as it couldn't handle eARC as it was too old (HDMI 1.2). The new amp is a bit of an upgrade, Denon AVC-X3800H, hopefully won't be needing to replace that any time soon 😀

Now I just need to find the energy to get back to some proper gaming, when not doing modelling or related activities.

I can't speak for Xbox games, but the Naughty Dog titles on PlayStation in particular seem quite keen on accessibility. Any game worth its salt should have subtitle font size adjustment in the settings.

Best wishes Ian.

C6T.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Fortnite (a multi-player shot em up game) has quite a few adjustable controls (contrast colour fidelity etc) to aid some visual impairments.

(I use some of them.)

Kev.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Classsix T said:

I can't speak for Xbox games, but the Naughty Dog titles on PlayStation in particular seem quite keen on accessibility. Any game worth its salt should have subtitle font size adjustment in the settings.

Best wishes Ian.

C6T.

I always use one acceccabilty option, square hold rather than hammer it.

It seems the richest pickings will come in the new year for myself on PlayStation, a busy few months early doors...

Forspoken releases at the tail-end of January. More importantly Squenix have just now made a playable demo available, so I'll get to see if it is a game I'd like to invest in.

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor out mid March. Looking forward to how Cal Kestis' story progresses.

And I recently learned there's new Los Angeles expansion DLC for HFW out in April!

So with Plague Tail: Requiem still to play due to hardware absence, if Forspoken is actually good, I should be busy right thru to May I reckon. It's a good time to be a fan of third person story led action games!

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T
  • Like 1