The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

2 hours ago, StevieD71 said:

I dipped out of the GTS Friends group after a bit of a bust up with someone who was posting abusive nonsense in comments, and reported me to the admin when I called him on it.

I can't be bothered dealing with crap like that.

Which one Steve? I'll boot them off and de-friend them for that. PM me if you'd prefer.

C6T.

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Which one Steve? I'll boot them off and de-friend them for that. PM me if you'd prefer.

C6T.

Cheers for the offer, but it was ages ago, and other than the fact he was American, I cant remember the name. Probably just someone doing a bit of trolling and I bit back.

I might rejoin the group though, I enjoyed it.

• RMweb Gold
On 02/09/2022 at 22:55, Kelly said:

DVDs and CDs are virtually worthless after you've bought them in a lot of cases, the same is true for paperback books. Pre-pandemic charity shops made a good amount off of these products, but with the lockdown and people doing clear outs, they've pretty much all stopped accepting books, dvds and cds and places like CEX will give you pennies for your DVDs.

I dropped off a whole load of books with Cancer Research today, they were very happy to take them.

• RMweb Gold

Ubisoft has a sale on at the moment, up to 80% off some games. I got a few bargains earlier today as you can also get another 20% off by redeeming the FRESH code.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2022 at 22:08, StevieD71 said:

Cheers for the offer, but it was ages ago, and other than the fact he was American, I cant remember the name. Probably just someone doing a bit of trolling and I bit back.

I might rejoin the group though, I enjoyed it.

I've only had one 'Murican friend, part of a group of GT Planet guys, I fell out with him (and playground politics being what it is most of them) so if that was them worry not.

It's mostly me, another Steve, Dan and Ian. Some of the other lads contribute occasionally and sometimes we're actually complimentary about GT7!

C6T.

I've put you back on the list Stevie (it's invite only afaik).

Edited by Classsix T
  • Like 1

On 07/10/2022 at 22:46, 57xx said:

I dropped off a whole load of books with Cancer Research today, they were very happy to take them.

None of the local ones here wany any books or otherwise sadly. Moving out of my flat into my other halfs house has rather forced a downsizing of the book collections and DVD collections. CD collection trimming and vinyl collection trimming will probably have to follow when we get to those boxes. Not something I like doing, but needs much. At least with the DVDs and CDs I can get something, even if it is pennies sometimes compared with the books which I can't really get anything for.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest from Chez Sixty is I'm in-between racing seasons in GT7 so have been caning GoT Legends. Previous error gamebreaks have been intermittent, sometimes plays just fine, occasionally iffy and just the once yesterday the game crashed. Error reports are being sent to PlayStation...so the ball is in their court I guess. I'm leaning towards a hardware issue my end though given other's lack of problems.

In other news, GTA Vice City has been added to PSPlus Extra and Premium, so I'll get to see how poorly that's been ported. Finally, I'm hearing good things about A Plague Tale: Requiem so will likely buy that before long having enjoyed the first game.

C6T.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 30801 said:

I'll be needing a game that's beyond compelling for that...

Had the original PSVR and it was fun to play around with for a while but it wasn't worth owning.

Folks tell me via the comments that the price is more or less comparable with the previous kit (without the need for a camera), they concur that if VR doesn't 'grab' you it'll likely gather dust.

PSVR2 is considerably less expensive than the re-furb MacBook I bought (and lord knows I don't use that much) so I'm not baulked by that price...I'd be keen to try before I buy though for sure.

C6T.

On 05/10/2022 at 23:13, Classsix T said:

The white tower of power not performing at optimum level right now frankly. I'm having game breaking issues so far with GT7 and GoT. Graphics glitches followed by crashes.

Google brought up this page:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanager/ce-108255-1.html

... which seemed to fix issues with GT7 initially. But GoT has started playing up something chronic. Both games are physical disc versions so I guess all I'll get off tech support is that the disc is manky.

Hoping it isn't actually a hardware issue.

C6T.

Latest on this is that I factory reset the console last weekend...and it's even worse! I did manage to rule out the Samsung SSD and physical disc data as a culprit though as Astro's Playroom fell over within three minutes and that's a digital title pre-installed on the PS5's own 'drive.

1840bb5f13425-screenshotUrl.jpg.3dbb12a1fb655eb47bc715874cc11a47.jpg

The above is from Ghost of Tsushima which is at least far less prone to crashing, note the missing limbs. Also, the coloured flecks which appear as flashes all over the display.

I'm no computer expert but I would hazard a guess that the GPU is up the poke. I'll be on to Sony about repair or replacement next week.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Folks tell me via the comments that the price is more or less comparable with the previous kit (without the need for a camera), they concur that if VR doesn't 'grab' you it'll likely gather dust.

PSVR2 is considerably less expensive than the re-furb MacBook I bought (and lord knows I don't use that much) so I'm not baulked by that price...I'd be keen to try before I buy though for sure.

C6T.

Lord knows I'm not a complainer of prices in general, but doesn't that effectively double the price of the console?

I'd probably want immersion akin to that of Red Dwarf's Better Than Life if I was to shell out for all that kit...

Best

Scott.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 30801 said:

So my Amazon invite for a bare PS5 at £480 came through.

Are there any compelling exclusives over XBox? I have 68 hours left to decide....

+1 for Horizon Forbidden West, reviews are gushing in their praise for the new God of War too.

C6T.

23 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

+1 for Horizon Forbidden West, reviews are gushing in their praise for the new God of War too.

Hmmm. I have the PS4 HFW which I haven't started yet. AFAIK this comes with a PS5 upgrade?

I played through the last God Of War on the PS4 but I'm not desperate to play the new one.

Bleh. Turned the PS4 on for the first time since 2020 and the rubber on the thumbsticks has turned to marmalade...

Think I'll skip the PS5 and just play HFW on the PS4 (Pro)

7 hours ago, 30801 said:

Bleh. Turned the PS4 on for the first time since 2020 and the rubber on the thumbsticks has turned to marmalade...

Think I'll skip the PS5 and just play HFW on the PS4 (Pro)

They do that sadly. Fairly easy to fix and fairly cheap at least though. You can also get thumbgrips that go on top of the thumb sticks which could be a cheap option.

My DualShock4 started showing signs of stick drift, as a coloured ltd edition job I'm reluctant to spend another £65 to replace it.

This morning however I are mostly been going around in perpetual circles on the PlayStation website. It asking me what's up, me telling it and being directed via two more pages to the page asking me what's up. Great job Sony.

So for those wondering, the (anti-spambot adjusted) number to add to contacts for future PS hardware issues is:

O2O3 538 2665.

C6T.

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Classsix T said:

My DualShock4 started showing signs of stick drift, as a coloured ltd edition job I'm reluctant to spend another £65 to replace it.

This morning however I are mostly been going around in perpetual circles on the PlayStation website. It asking me what's up, me telling it and being directed via two more pages to the page asking me what's up. Great job Sony.

So for those wondering, the (anti-spambot adjusted) number to add to contacts for future PS hardware issues is:

O2O3 538 2665.

C6T.

Gone through 4 or 5 of the little ****.

Tried new stick pots, waste of time, now unusable.

Will be sending them off to a professional place I think for £25 a controller.

In a turn of events worthy of the best built-in obsolescence theory, PlayStation inform me that the flat rate for PS5 repair will be around £250...the warranty (one year only) ran out three months ago. Handy!

C6T.

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

In a turn of events worthy of the best built-in obsolescence theory, PlayStation inform me that the flat rate for PS5 repair will be around £250...the warranty (one year only) ran out three months ago. Handy!

Isn't there a two year fit-for-purpose consumer law type thing?