The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

9 minutes ago, big jim said:

Seem to be a bit cheaper, £159 for that model but if you want a basic one there is this for £85 (plus postage) doesn’t look to have a usb slot though 

https://www.cashconverters.co.uk/shop/music-tv--video/musical-instruments/dj-equipment/dj-cd-decks/055100057460

here’s what’s available on line from low to high 

https://www.cashconverters.co.uk/search-results?Sort=price&page=1&f[category][0]=all&f[locations][0]=all&query=pioneer cdj

Ta Jim, there is a CashCon' in Ipswich so if they can deliver within their store chain I'm all good.

C6T.

What does slightly concern me about pre-owned DJ gear is if it has been used in a club environment. Foam parties, smoke machines and spilt beverages don't sit happily with me as bedfellows to electronic equipment!

C6T. 

• RMweb Gold
On 14/06/2022 at 20:25, big jim said:

It’s my lads 18th birthday tomorrow and he didn’t know what he wanted but while in cash converters in Wigan on Saturday I spotted this, a Next level racing gaming rig, sent him the pic and asked if he wanted it for his birthday, the answer was ‘HELL YES! 

So a trip back on Sunday to collect it (and a drum kit for his little brother who is learning to play) and we set it up this morning with his TV and steering wheel, shifter etc 

IMG_5672.HEIC

IMG_5673.HEIC

certainly an interesting piece of kit and a bargain to boot going on the current RRP 

That looks great Jim! We had something similar in one of the meeting rooms at work (someone found it in the merchandise centre about to be thrown out so he snaffled it). Made for a great experience driving and always had a queue at lunch times/after work of people trying to beat the current track of the week's lap record on the F1 game of the time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/06/2022 at 22:38, Classsix T said:

What does slightly concern me about pre-owned DJ gear is if it has been used in a club environment. Foam parties, smoke machines and spilt beverages don't sit happily with me as bedfellows to electronic equipment!

C6T. 

They do have a guarantee with them, not sure they ship store to store like CEX do but they can post to you direct by the look of it but it’s £15, as that kne is only in Braintree it’s probably cheaper to jump on the train from Ipswich and collect it! 

Edited by big jim

Yup, so polished off SE5's campaign last weekend. Those familiar with Karl's previous outings won't be surprised at anything on offer here.

Honestly, I found SE4 a more enjoyable single player experience. But having popped the skull of the traditional pantomime endgame Nazi baddie, I had a look at the alternative gameplay on offer.

It's given me some more entertainment playing 'Axis Invasion'. Which involves a PvP element on top of campaign objectives.

Still not done co-op yet, I think Comms co-op play with Invasion on might be a very interesting game.

C6T.

So the refurbished PlayStation+ subscriptions launched in the UK, and although I wasn't that plussed (arf!) initially, Sony are offering me an upgrade to 'Extra' for less than £16 to the start of December.

Within that time I'm expecting the release of Stray, Forspoken and the A Plague Tale sequel. Not to mention I'd like to try Returnal. I'm not expecting day one released games to be available btw, but as a method of trying before buying available games, I'm seriously considering it.

I think both my Sisters now know that PSStore funds are a well received gift, so if I can use that to pay for the next tier sub to the one I'd pay for anyway, job's a good 'un I reckon.

C6T.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Classsix T said:

So the refurbished PlayStation+ subscriptions launched in the UK, and although I wasn't that plussed (arf!) initially, Sony are offering me an upgrade to 'Extra' for less than £16 to the start of December.

Within that time I'm expecting the release of Stray, Forspoken and the A Plague Tale sequel. Not to mention I'd like to try Returnal. I'm not expecting day one released games to be available btw, but as a method of trying before buying available games, I'm seriously considering it.

I think both my Sisters now know that PSStore funds are a well received gift, so if I can use that to pay for the next tier sub to the one I'd pay for anyway, job's a good 'un I reckon.

C6T.

A day later the upgrade cost had come down to a penny shy of fifteen quid. So with immediate access to Returnal, AC Valhalla and Death Stranding, it's not a particularly hard bullet to bite.

C6T.

Sniper Elite jank!

181a4dfa6b136-screenshotUrl.thumb.jpg.ac6fb088f1ffd2165b50fdfe4102a980.jpg

I've fell through the ground a couple of times playing, this time my guy managed to cling on to the play world by his fingertips. Unfortunately he was unable to climb up, or indeed descend into the underworld. Gaming purgatory if you will.

I'm informed Rebellion use their own game engine for their titles btw, but it seems a common thing in many titles that this happens, I managed to swing Nathan into the scenery in the refreshed Uncharted 4 for example.

C6T.

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Take this news any way you like:

https://kotaku.com/gta-iv-remastered-red-dead-redemption-canceled-rockstar-1849142371

Frankly I'd not waste my money if they turned out anything like the last remaster Rockstar fumbled.

C6T.

Canning RDR feels a bit of a shame, I’ve still not played it (hoping the rumours of a remake in the RDR 2 engine would come true).   

13 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Canning RDR feels a bit of a shame, I’ve still not played it (hoping the rumours of a remake in the RDR 2 engine would come true).   

I think that's what everyone that has enjoyed both RDRs is thinking. However the slapdash manner Rockstar went about the GTA trilogy remasters has me thinking I'll stick some coal in the PS3 and continue the replay of the OG RDR that I started having finished RDR2.

GTA IV I feel a little differently about. It kinda felt like an improved San Andreas to look at but better to play. GTA V  then blew it away graphically, on the same system! So unless a GTA IV remaster will look as good as five, no dice.

C6T.

On 24/06/2022 at 12:54, Classsix T said:

A day later the upgrade cost had come down to a penny shy of fifteen quid. So with immediate access to Returnal, AC Valhalla and Death Stranding, it's not a particularly hard bullet to bite.

C6T.

As it happens I've not started any of those three titles, instead with the news there is to be a Mars based sequel, I've been playing Deliver Us The Moon which is part of the PS Extra package.

Pleasant sci-fi action puzzle romp, not dissimilar to a game based around the recent Matt Damon and Sandra Bullock space faring movies.

C6T.

Very short and sweet, I polished off Deliver Us The Moon yesterday. Solid 7/10 title, its crowdfunded budget shows slightly in its frame rate drops (on PS5) whilst saving and the slightly odd (non mo-cap) character movement. Recommended nonetheless however.

I've started Trek to Yomi now. 3D fixed camera combat platformer, the cinematic style unashamedly inspired by Akira Kurosawa films.

C6T.

Exactly the sort of advice I was after, Digital Foundry confirms Steam Deck probably isn't the PC games at home solution I should be looking for, not necessarily because it won't display nice on a big 4K telly though. Interesting:

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2022-steam-deck-docked-can-valves-handheld-pc-work-as-a-4k-home-console

C6T.

Glad to see Stray is getting positive reviews, Eurogamer's take:

https://www.eurogamer.net/stray-review-fantastic-cat-exploration-through-a-dystopian-cybercity

It does seem a rather short game, however based on the review it looks like a title I'll meander through rather than rush to get done. I'd love it for instance if afk (controller) inactivity leads to a pleasant dynamic screensaver!

In other news, I've had a re-jig of my storage of games. All the last gen Assassin's Creed games and a few other PS+ included PS4 titles have gone onto the Samsung 2Tb SSD which is now plugged into the PS5.

Most of the previously paid for library of PS4 games is now installed internally on that console or on the 4Tb HDD plugged into it.

I'm not out of storage space, yet, but the additional amount of games the Extra sub' has given me is a test of data housekeeping (not to mention a literal measurable amount of how big my backlog is, Jeez there's still stuff on the PS3 I haven't gotten around to)!

C6T.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, I'd plonked the PS4 Assassin's games on the external drive to the PS5 to accompany the PS5 version of Valhalla. A couple of days later, apparently Ubi have patched Origins and Odyssey to take advantage of the current generation hardware. Which I'll no doubt appreciate when I finally get around to them!

C6T.

https://www.eurogamer.net/assassins-creed-odyssey-origins-60fps-updates-are-transformative-on-ps5-and-series-xs

(Remember the link, dummy!)

Edited by Classsix T

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Glad to see Stray is getting positive reviews, Eurogamer's take:

https://www.eurogamer.net/stray-review-fantastic-cat-exploration-through-a-dystopian-cybercity

It does seem a rather short game, however based on the review it looks like a title I'll meander through rather than rush to get done. I'd love it for instance if afk (controller) inactivity leads to a pleasant dynamic screensaver!

In other news, I've had a re-jig of my storage of games. All the last gen Assassin's Creed games and a few other PS+ included PS4 titles have gone onto the Samsung 2Tb SSD which is now plugged into the PS5.

Most of the previously paid for library of PS4 games is now installed internally on that console or on the 4Tb HDD plugged into it.

I'm not out of storage space, yet, but the additional amount of games the Extra sub' has given me is a test of data housekeeping (not to mention a literal measurable amount of how big my backlog is, Jeez there's still stuff on the PS3 I haven't gotten around to)!

C6T.

I downloaded this last night. So far I've not played enough to have an opinion on it (although I do love the cat animation and movement) - and my cat doesn't seem to know what to make of it either, she was giving the screen quite the stare, following the on-screen cat around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reorte said:

I downloaded this last night. So far I've not played enough to have an opinion on it (although I do love the cat animation and movement) - and my cat doesn't seem to know what to make of it either, she was giving the screen quite the stare, following the on-screen cat around.

Amy's not alone in dealing with Stray it would seem. I'm rather intrigued to see what Mia will make of it:

https://kotaku.com/stray-playstation-ps4-ps5-pc-cyberpunk-cat-game-kitties-1849195773

C6T.