The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

An interesting fact emerging from the Cyberpunk affair is that eight million copies were reserved/sold by pre-order, 59% of which were for PC. So if we were to spin that you could argue that the launch has been "largely successful"? (That is dependant of course on how many of those PC gamers kept their copy but as mentioned, the vast majority of faults with the game are with base PS and Xbox systems.) 

If the game had been released December 10th for PC and next-gen only I think it would have been a case of champagne cork dents on the ceilings of CDPR headquarters.

I don't think anyone would blame CDPR for wishing to take advantage of the vast player base of previous gen, indeed they'd be daft not to, but to (deep breath) force a clearly broken game out the door, to take advantage of Xmas sales, having crunched your staff (and lined them up for more to fix it), embarrassed Microsoft and Sony by directing disgruntled punters their way, have your product pulled by one of your marketplaces and see your reputation (deserved or not) within the industry ripped apart... What were you thinking?!

Days ago it was reported stock value had dipped another 30%...

C6T. 

• Agree 1

On 20/12/2020 at 15:18, 57xx said:

Best comment I have seen in ages :D

The Yin to all those bad vibe Yang haters is this dude, a glass half full stalwart on Eurogamer. Props bruh! 

Vaughan2020 11 hours ago

Ngl ive been playing the game since day 1 on Xbox One S and really haven’t had that bad of an experience with it at all, got about 40 hours plus on it so far & I mean yeah it crashes around once every 5 hours of continuous playing, but I’ve rarely come across any bad frame rate drops only seen 2 npc’s stuck in the T cross bug that I’ve seen be mentioned a lot. It’s nowhere near perfect by all means, has been a couple of times where going into a new area or a mission location it takes 30 secs plus to fully load in properly and the pop ins sometimes are laughable but I’d say it only happens once in a while it’s not a constant problem, hasn’t been for me anyway nothing that’s made me want to stop playing the game or broken to where I’ve not been able to play or progress through it, completed all of the story and nearly all the side jobs with only 1 of them that I’ve not been able to complete due it being bugged but not to fussed as it’s only one of those track down the psycho jobs that’s bugged so can wait until they patch it. Not saying I don’t believe others have had bad problems with the game just me personally haven’t had a bad experience with it playing on the Xbox one

Sure, it's unclear exactly which flavour of Xbox they're actually playing on, but I find it incredibly amusing and moreover endearing that they spend 90% of their post describing a frankly awful gaming experience, but you know, 's'right, all groovy baby.

If there were more Vaughan2020s in the world, it'd undoubtedly be a nicer place to live. But all the stuff you bought would be sh!t.

C6T. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Still trundling along with it on the Series S without major issue.

Still he most irksome thing, and it's  still there in v1.05 is the sticky subtitle. I don't even have subtitles on.

The inventory is a bit Mass Effect where you have a hundred guns in your pockets and you don't really know what's best.

The wardrobe is a bit Witcher 3 where if you wear all the stuff with the most armour point you look like a clown.

14 minutes ago, 30801 said:

Still trundling along with it on the Series S without major issue.

Still he most irksome thing, and it's  still there in v1.05 is the sticky subtitle. I don't even have subtitles on.

The inventory is a bit Mass Effect where you have a hundred guns in your pockets and you don't really know what's best.

The wardrobe is a bit Witcher 3 where if you wear all the stuff with the most armour point you look like a clown.

Erm, I didn’t know whether to mention it, not wanting to be the barer of bad news and that. 

There's a rumour (exactly that mind you) that saves above a certain size will f**k your game up. As if there wasn't enough to deal with, the instruction from CDPR is to not carry a shed load of loot. On any platform.

Don't shoot the messenger, C6T. 

8 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Shall I hang around for you to put some trousers on? 

That is a problem with the first-person view and selling your equipped items...

29 minutes ago, 30801 said:

That is a problem with the first-person view and selling your equipped items...

Meanwhile, Adam Jensen has done a couple of styms, smoked a ciggie and polished off half a bottle of Scotch. Whilst wondering if he's a clone.

Tsk, narrative, whadda gyp!

C6T. 

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Classsix T said:

The Yin to all those bad vibe Yang haters is this dude, a glass half full stalwart on Eurogamer. Props bruh! 

Vaughan2020 11 hours ago

Ngl ive been playing the game since day 1 on Xbox One S and really haven’t had that bad of an experience with it at all, got about 40 hours plus on it so far & I mean yeah it crashes around once every 5 hours of continuous playing, but I’ve rarely come across any bad frame rate drops only seen 2 npc’s stuck in the T cross bug that I’ve seen be mentioned a lot. It’s nowhere near perfect by all means, has been a couple of times where going into a new area or a mission location it takes 30 secs plus to fully load in properly and the pop ins sometimes are laughable but I’d say it only happens once in a while it’s not a constant problem, hasn’t been for me anyway nothing that’s made me want to stop playing the game or broken to where I’ve not been able to play or progress through it, completed all of the story and nearly all the side jobs with only 1 of them that I’ve not been able to complete due it being bugged but not to fussed as it’s only one of those track down the psycho jobs that’s bugged so can wait until they patch it. Not saying I don’t believe others have had bad problems with the game just me personally haven’t had a bad experience with it playing on the Xbox one

Sure, it's unclear exactly which flavour of Xbox they're actually playing on, but I find it incredibly amusing and moreover endearing that they spend 90% of their post describing a frankly awful gaming experience, but you know, 's'right, all groovy baby.

If there were more Vaughan2020s in the world, it'd undoubtedly be a nicer place to live. But all the stuff you bought would be sh!t.

C6T. 

I occasionally visit the War Thunder sub on Reddit. It's an eclectic mix of people ranting about bugs, gameplay, P2W, toxic "community", rage quiting and telling everyone as flounce off and the trolls telling all the aforementioned to L2P.

On 14/12/2020 at 18:04, SHMD said:

A 100 GB !!!    :blink:

Kev.

Various Tom Clancy Ubisoft titles are in the latest PS Store sale. The Division 2 caught my eye and handily a demo is available to try before you buy.

110 sodding gig! 

(yeah I know it's a pay wall locked full game, but still...)

C6T.

Edit. Actually it's 110.8Gb making it 800Mb larger than RDR2. Star Wars Battlefront 2 tops my list at 115.8Gb, a game I shall only be playing for the campaign element. Watch Dogs: Legion, with an entire city as your playground, 33.45Gb. Wha..?

Edited by Classsix T
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, big jim said:

This is fun, Mario kart home circuit, the RC car has a camera and you set up gates around the room/house, do a test lap that plots the course then you can race around the room in real time against on screen opponents 

001(112).JPG

I bet the cats love it Jim!

C6T. 

On 23/12/2020 at 01:12, Classsix T said:

Various Tom Clancy Ubisoft titles are in the latest PS Store sale. The Division 2 caught my eye and handily a demo is available to try before you buy.

Sold.

As someone not particularly keen on Collar Doodie's first person view, less its anti-Russian overtones, I can see myself spending a lot of time with Ubi's looter-shooter. Less than an hour with the demo left me impressed with the construction of the game world and the combat mechanics. It feels like the kind of game that the multiplayer Last of Us would've been if not constrained within a bigger title.

There are a few irksome bits, mainly "that's just how games are" stuff, so not unexpected but I find it annoying when the same old things are built into games that destroy immersion.

TD2 is guilty of much but I have to remind myself this is fundamentally a multiplayer game, so solo play niceties such as dedicated stealth mechanics and cut-scene player character dialogue are possibly not workable.

Finding ones way blocked by the dreaded impenetrable waist high police tape though is getting very tiresome after the dozens of games that have pulled that crap before.

Happy New Year friends, C6T. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Reorte said:

Is there a lot of swearing in it? Needs must...

Much. Also violence. Little sex, and what there is of it is terrible.

• 3 weeks later...